Hannah Wants full DJ set from the Radio 1 Dance Night

Off Topic (Everything besides dubstep)
Forum rules
Please read and follow this sub-forum's specific rules listed HERE, as well as our sitewide rules listed HERE.

Link to the Secret Ninja Sessions community ustream channel - info in this thread
jaydot

Re: Hannah Wants full DJ set from the Radio 1 Dance Night

Post by jaydot » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:40 pm

needs more airhorn
Soundcloud

Soundcloud

tweet @jaydotdubstep

dickman69

Post by dickman69 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:00 am

Electric_Head wrote:
DiegoSapiens wrote:by the title i thought it was hannah diamond requesting a show
I thought it was Hanna Montana.
i thought it was
every Tuesday 11pm EST on http://cosmicsound.club

buy my tunes pls
Soundcloud

Phigure

Post by Phigure » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:56 am

no one has mentioned the guy in the wheelchair up front? between that and letting someone with the mixing chops of a toddler step up, big up radio 1 for the all inclusive raving atmosphere
j_j wrote:^lol
Soundcloud | Twitter

leyenda

Post by leyenda » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:30 pm

Muncey wrote:I dunno, I've not noticed any difference in blends. Oneman uses effects normally mixing out of a tune (same with loads of DJs) but I dunno what that has to do with blends?

His Solitaire vol.2 uses effects a lot but the blends from Tyree - Acid Over > Meli'sa Morgan - Do Me Baby > Paleman - Who This... Fatima Al-Qadiri - Knight Fare > Wiley - And Again, they're amazing.

I skipped through the vid, although the music sounds dull as fuck the mixing wasn't atrocious. At least she was giving it some energy, too many DJs just stare at the laptop nowadays.

Lol @ her being at Outlook tho, how'd that happen?
What I was saying is there seems to be an increase of using effects when mixing out of every tune as nothing covers up a dodgy mix like a bit of reverb. That tends to be more the case for average DJs. The problem for people like Oneman and Jackmaster is more that they use them and it ends up in an endless effects session rather than getting some nice long blends going between two tunes that work well together. It doesn't mean either of them never do some solid mixing but over the last year or two they can get carried away with it sometimes imho
Shum wrote:
Nevalo wrote:not much todo at work today.... and once ive finished, ITS THE FUCKIN LONG WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah big up Jesus for dying for our sins and netting us a public holiday in the process.

Also, hot cross buns.

Lye_Form

Post by Lye_Form » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:09 pm

lol
Life Force Sound | Soundcloud | Facebook
Wolf89 wrote:I'm bit a hipster is the point
wub wrote:Bob Dylan is not Grime.

Muncey

Post by Muncey » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:48 pm

leyenda wrote:The problem for people like Oneman and Jackmaster is more that they use them and it ends up in an endless effects session rather than getting some nice long blends going between two tunes that work well together. It doesn't mean either of them never do some solid mixing but over the last year or two they can get carried away with it sometimes imho
I'd disagree but fair enough.. never noticed either not concentrating on long blends, their Can U Dance was incredible.

syrup
Reigning Mini-Mix King

Post by syrup » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:34 pm

i expected worse
Soundcloud
dubfordessert wrote:you can jizz on me if you want

Chemist

Post by Chemist » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:05 am

Oneman is over reliant on effects these days and is playing too much american shit, need the man to play more interesting stuff.

Jackmaster went thru a super effectsy stage as well but he seeems to have gotten over it. At Fabric the other for the Hessle Takeover he properly brought the techno with no messing about, up there with the best techno sets I've seen - also managed to chuck in some baltimore, grime and UK Funky stuff