'Skunk-like cannabis' increases risk of psychosis

Off Topic (Everything besides dubstep)
Forum rules
Please read and follow this sub-forum's specific rules listed HERE, as well as our sitewide rules listed HERE.

Link to the Secret Ninja Sessions community ustream channel - info in this thread
Locked
User avatar
nobody
Posts: 3003
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:20 am
Location: falafel

Re: 'Skunk-like cannabis' increases risk of psychosis

Post by nobody » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:30 pm

om_unit wrote: wtf is juke?

CreamLord
Posts: 3943
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:55 pm
Location: Marshy farmland

Re: 'Skunk-like cannabis' increases risk of psychosis

Post by CreamLord » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:41 pm

So he inhaled too much THC and had a whitey. What exactly does that prove?
Image
m8son wrote:yh a bit of extra knob fiddling is ok
Anal A$ap....Keep living dat #PLUR life....To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea.... Swag
Instagram Soundcloud

User avatar
nobody
Posts: 3003
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:20 am
Location: falafel

Re: 'Skunk-like cannabis' increases risk of psychosis

Post by nobody » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:44 pm

that it's can easily abused by accident, and it can be traumatising, it's probably as bad for your mental health as heroin
om_unit wrote: wtf is juke?

CreamLord
Posts: 3943
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:55 pm
Location: Marshy farmland

Re: 'Skunk-like cannabis' increases risk of psychosis

Post by CreamLord » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:51 pm

Anything can be abused on accident
Image
m8son wrote:yh a bit of extra knob fiddling is ok
Anal A$ap....Keep living dat #PLUR life....To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea.... Swag
Instagram Soundcloud

User avatar
nobody
Posts: 3003
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:20 am
Location: falafel

Re: 'Skunk-like cannabis' increases risk of psychosis

Post by nobody » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:58 pm

do you believe that smoking weed on a regular basis has a negative impact on ones mental health?
om_unit wrote: wtf is juke?

sixs
Posts: 1476
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:21 pm
Location: LK

Re: 'Skunk-like cannabis' increases risk of psychosis

Post by sixs » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:12 pm

do you believe that pounding fentanyl on a regular basis has a negative impact on ones mental health?
taters on that as we jack it

CreamLord
Posts: 3943
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:55 pm
Location: Marshy farmland

Re: 'Skunk-like cannabis' increases risk of psychosis

Post by CreamLord » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:12 pm

Taking any drug on a regular basis will have a negative impact on your health, so technically yes, smoking weed on a regular basis can have a negative impact on your mental health.
Image
m8son wrote:yh a bit of extra knob fiddling is ok
Anal A$ap....Keep living dat #PLUR life....To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea.... Swag
Instagram Soundcloud

User avatar
nobody
Posts: 3003
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:20 am
Location: falafel

Re: 'Skunk-like cannabis' increases risk of psychosis

Post by nobody » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:25 pm

sixs wrote:do you believe that pounding fentanyl on a regular basis has a negative impact on ones mental health?
Yeah, you should make a thread about it
om_unit wrote: wtf is juke?

User avatar
nobody
Posts: 3003
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:20 am
Location: falafel

Re: 'Skunk-like cannabis' increases risk of psychosis

Post by nobody » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:25 pm

CreamLord wrote:Taking any drug on a regular basis will have a negative impact on your health, so technically yes, smoking weed on a regular basis can have a negative impact on your mental health.
Define drug, alcohol is bad for if you abuse it but it's a drink, not a drug. Can you abuse Panadol?
om_unit wrote: wtf is juke?

MaceFace
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:43 pm

Re: 'Skunk-like cannabis' increases risk of psychosis

Post by MaceFace » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:27 pm

nobody wrote:
CreamLord wrote:Taking any drug on a regular basis will have a negative impact on your health, so technically yes, smoking weed on a regular basis can have a negative impact on your mental health.
Define drug, alcohol is bad for if you abuse it but it's a drink, not a drug. Can you abuse Panadol?
What's Ayahuasca then?

User avatar
nobody
Posts: 3003
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:20 am
Location: falafel

Re: 'Skunk-like cannabis' increases risk of psychosis

Post by nobody » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:29 pm

MaceFace wrote:
nobody wrote:
CreamLord wrote:Taking any drug on a regular basis will have a negative impact on your health, so technically yes, smoking weed on a regular basis can have a negative impact on your mental health.
Define drug, alcohol is bad for if you abuse it but it's a drink, not a drug. Can you abuse Panadol?
What's Ayahuasca then?
Medicine?
om_unit wrote: wtf is juke?

CreamLord
Posts: 3943
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:55 pm
Location: Marshy farmland

Re: 'Skunk-like cannabis' increases risk of psychosis

Post by CreamLord » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:34 pm

nobody wrote:
CreamLord wrote:Taking any drug on a regular basis will have a negative impact on your health, so technically yes, smoking weed on a regular basis can have a negative impact on your mental health.
Define drug, alcohol is bad for if you abuse it but it's a drink, not a drug. Can you abuse Panadol?
Lol ok then
Image
m8son wrote:yh a bit of extra knob fiddling is ok
Anal A$ap....Keep living dat #PLUR life....To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea.... Swag
Instagram Soundcloud

sixs
Posts: 1476
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:21 pm
Location: LK

Re: 'Skunk-like cannabis' increases risk of psychosis

Post by sixs » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:50 pm

cannabis isn't a plant either apparently
taters on that as we jack it

sixs
Posts: 1476
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:21 pm
Location: LK

Re: 'Skunk-like cannabis' increases risk of psychosis

Post by sixs » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:50 pm

worlds gone topsy turvy
taters on that as we jack it

User avatar
wolf89
Posts: 10287
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 9:18 pm
Location: Sandford M8
Contact:

Re: 'Skunk-like cannabis' increases risk of psychosis

Post by wolf89 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:58 pm

It's annoying that Terpit's decided to troll on this subject because it detracts from the fact that there really are so many stoners who are entirely unwilling to accept that there can often be negative outcomes to smoking a lot of weed. I'm not against people smoking weed or anything but the amount of times I get entirely shot down when I mention that I won't smoke it any more or that I know others with similar experiences to mine or how any time anyone writes anything online about weed that isn't positive it's accused of being propaganda of some sort by hundreds of people in the comments section is ridiculous.
http://twitter.com/Wolfthedj
sofa_king wrote:wolf89 has a massive cock.

User avatar
nobody
Posts: 3003
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:20 am
Location: falafel

Re: 'Skunk-like cannabis' increases risk of psychosis

Post by nobody » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:02 pm

wolf89 wrote:It's annoying that Terpit's decided to troll on this subject because it detracts from the fact that there really are so many stoners who are entirely unwilling to accept that there can often be negative outcomes to smoking a lot of weed. I'm not against people smoking weed or anything but the amount of times I get entirely shot down when I mention that I won't smoke it any more or that I know others with similar experiences to mine or how any time anyone writes anything online about weed that isn't positive it's accused of being propaganda of some sort by hundreds of people in the comments section is ridiculous.
That's what I've been trying to say, in a way, with a bit of trolling added.
om_unit wrote: wtf is juke?

User avatar
mIrReN
Posts: 5611
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:22 pm
Location: Belgium, Bruges

Re: 'Skunk-like cannabis' increases risk of psychosis

Post by mIrReN » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:17 pm

nobody is accusing of propaganda they're merely saying terpit is spouting shit because he is and this is a non-threaad because I think/hope most are well aware of the effects
bit lame to antagonise everybody by trolling your own discussion (that is if you want a serious discussion if not just 420 blaze this thread)
"If your chest ain't rattlin it ain't happenin'" - DJ Pinch
"Move pples bodies and stimulate their minds"
we just ride the wave
Life sucks; Get used² it.

big up your mum

User avatar
Samuel_L_Damnson
Posts: 3485
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:53 pm
Location: YORKSHIRE!!!!!!!!!!

Re: 'Skunk-like cannabis' increases risk of psychosis

Post by Samuel_L_Damnson » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:43 pm

Blaize***
Soundcloud
Collaborative project with kai li:
http://soundcloud.com/genrli

Dystinkt
Posts: 1744
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:36 pm
Location: Bradford, UK
Contact:

Re: 'Skunk-like cannabis' increases risk of psychosis

Post by Dystinkt » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:08 pm

cyclopian wrote:
Phigure wrote:
Dystinkt wrote:2- this study says that hash and resin is basically safe, which is fine by me!!
this part is actually totally incorrect, concentrates almost always have a higher ratio of thc to cbd and would be more likely to contribute to the "psychosis" theyre talking about
not to mention most low grade hash has a boat load of shitty chemical residue from the extraction still inna mix
I think we can all agree however that this a bullshit study, my post was pretty tongue in cheek to reflect that(although thanks to the internet it maybe didnt come across as such). I think even if these findings were proven true by a better study using more credible methodology in the future, it would just be telling the majority of right thinking people what we already know. if you abuse any substance of this ilk, it will abuse you in the end. Everyone has their vices in life, so as long as the majority of people go about them sensibly then I think things like cannabis and MDMA should be legalised, with proper frameworks in place to deal with addiction and abuse. I'm a firm believer that a lot of deaths caused by drugs are down to factors related to illegality such as being unable to know the potency and even whats actually in what you've just bought, which to me is a disgrace. People are always going to get high in some form or another, and just blanket banning drugs doesnt help anything.

User avatar
nobody
Posts: 3003
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:20 am
Location: falafel

Re: 'Skunk-like cannabis' increases risk of psychosis

Post by nobody » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:33 pm

weed is different to other drugs mentioned in this thread imo, because it's practically glorified in a lot of music, people think it's cool etc, i don't think many people think it's odd for people to just smoke on their own in their free time but if you do that with booze, you have a problem, try suggesting that a pot head who smokes on their own has an addiction problem lol
om_unit wrote: wtf is juke?

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests