sikest street fighter win

Off Topic (Everything besides dubstep)
Forum rules
Please read and follow this sub-forum's specific rules listed HERE, as well as our sitewide rules listed HERE.

Link to the Secret Ninja Sessions community ustream channel - info in this thread
start : stop

Post by start : stop » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:39 am

That is top class, impressive in any situation but fucking amazing with the health bar at near zero.

tempest

Post by tempest » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:07 am

THIS IS UNADULTERATED MADNESS!!!!

bwahahahhaha

pdomino

Post by pdomino » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:30 am

Oldie but a goodie.
The thing is the 14 parrys on Chun Li power move, and then able to complete his own and finish with fuck all energy left !!

fork

Post by fork » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:38 am

tempest wrote:THIS IS UNADULTERATED MADNESS!!!!

bwahahahhaha

ajantis_art

Post by ajantis_art » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:28 pm

hardcore

diss04

Post by diss04 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:14 am

i would like so beat that guy
Parson wrote:...and then God said unto Eve, "Have some of that, slag."

dabnips

Post by dabnips » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:27 am

reverendmedia wrote:
bjackman wrote:can anyone explain what actually happens in that video? i would be interested to know what they're actually doing, coz by the reaction of the crowd i'd say that it's something skilled and not just button-bashing
i think it's the parry move which was introduced into the streetfighter series for streetfighter third strike. basically, it's a button + joystick combination that parries your opponent's attack, and allows you to counter attack. timing is key - if you don't time it right, you are fucked. what the guy in the video does is parry EACH ONE of chun li's kicks in the thousand foot kick attack INDIVIDUALLY. then he does the special and wins the bout. all this with no health left basically. it's pretty nuts.
you just have to tap towards your opponent for each hit of their combo (in SF3 at least), though doing that for a whole super combo is mental, gotta love diago

polho

Post by polho » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:46 pm

reverendmedia wrote:what the guy in the video does is parry EACH ONE of chun li's kicks in the thousand foot kick attack INDIVIDUALLY.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullet_time

ammo

Post by ammo » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:33 am

oooohhh chun li got merked!
street fighter is one of the best games ever made. i'm sick at street fighter 2 turbo on the snes but pretty shit at all the later ones

luke.envoy
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<

Post by luke.envoy » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:06 pm

Ammo wrote:oooohhh chun li got merked!
street fighter is one of the best games ever made. i'm sick at street fighter 2 turbo on the snes but pretty shit at all the later ones
i reckon super street fighter 2 turbo is the best version, the slower the gameplay the harder the fight, so u'd just need to adapt to the speed of the new ones. ex plus alpha is quite slow, just very dif gameplay in 3d. marvel vs capcom is prob the fastest if u can master that ur good on any platform

ammo

Post by ammo » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:13 pm

luke.envoy wrote:
Ammo wrote:oooohhh chun li got merked!
i reckon super street fighter 2 turbo is the best version, the slower the gameplay the harder the fight, so u'd just need to adapt to the speed of the new ones. ex plus alpha is quite slow, just very dif gameplay in 3d. marvel vs capcom is prob the fastest if u can master that ur good on any platform
when i play sf2 turbo i do the cheat for 10 star speed so its super fast, never seen a version thats faster than that, i've played some of the old alpha games but i'm not used to how the players movements are different etc so am no good. this video is sick tho. u knew ken was gona win from the start. when in doubt: 'Haduken' get me.

blizzardmusic

Post by blizzardmusic » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:30 pm

Wow.

prisoner

Post by prisoner » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:03 pm

which version do you guys recomend is the best for the ps2?

i never really played it past the snes & the arcade. but my roommate's got a ps2 and most the games are shit....need something new and that clip has got me all inspired! lol.

me and my cousin used to sit and play this for like whole weekends on his snes. fucking love this game!

monsta l4l

Post by monsta l4l » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:46 pm

can someone explain wot im watchin> whys everyone cheer like that? i used to just press all the buttons as fast as i could whn i played it but is he blockin a move that should kill him? is that wot it is? i watched it 5 times, and im worried cos im the only one thats confused lol/ :lol:

black lotus

Post by black lotus » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:21 am

MONSTA L4L wrote:can someone explain wot im watchin> whys everyone cheer like that? i used to just press all the buttons as fast as i could whn i played it but is he blockin a move that should kill him? is that wot it is? i watched it 5 times, and im worried cos im the only one thats confused lol/ :lol:
lol you're not the only one. you are just watching competitive street fighter. :P

yah, he's blocking a move that should basically kill him, with 0 life left. and then comes back in no time at all to fucking OWN.

gwa

Post by gwa » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:57 am

Yeah its great, i felt i gained 10 man points after watching it.
Soundcloud

AUGUST 2012 MIX / DEEP / TECH / HOUSE
Follow me on Twitter
@malcolmzulu

These users Little Downed! this user:
Everyone

lp

Post by lp » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:26 pm

Disgusting!

All about streetfighter, probably one of the best fighting games ever made. I'd recomend Street Fighter Alpha 3 on the playstation. Akumas Firecracker special is hands down the best special.

reverendmedia

Post by reverendmedia » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:36 pm

black lotus wrote:
MONSTA L4L wrote:can someone explain wot im watchin> whys everyone cheer like that? i used to just press all the buttons as fast as i could whn i played it but is he blockin a move that should kill him? is that wot it is? i watched it 5 times, and im worried cos im the only one thats confused lol/ :lol:
lol you're not the only one. you are just watching competitive street fighter. :P

yah, he's blocking a move that should basically kill him, with 0 life left. and then comes back in no time at all to fucking OWN.
it's not a block because you still lose a bit of life if you just block a move. he's parrying. parrying is bloody hard to do cos it's all about timing.

there's capcom fighting jam (fighting evolution in the west i think) on the ps2. that's ok i guess

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KkXw_m6_v0

go for marvel vs capcom 2 though. kills it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TucZHKEe ... re=related

black lotus

Post by black lotus » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:43 pm

reverendmedia wrote: it's not a block because you still lose a bit of life if you just block a move. he's parrying. parrying is bloody hard to do cos it's all about timing.

there's capcom fighting jam (fighting evolution in the west i think) on the ps2. that's ok i guess

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KkXw_m6_v0

go for marvel vs capcom 2 though. kills it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TucZHKEe ... re=related
i understand that.. but i was explaining to monsta who's said he didn't really see what's going on. didn't wnat to get all into explanations of parrys, but you did. so yay. everyone understands now!

von

Post by von » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:52 pm

lol, that ain't even that hard to do uno. Still impressive none-the less.

I wana change some DSFers to a proper SF tournament.

Certain man call me Bison.
Secret Ninja

Minette - Temptation [Vonboyage Remix]
Soundcloud
Final cut uploaded / Feedback appreciated!

http://www.bassinvaders.org