Raves in abandond houses

Off Topic (Everything besides dubstep)
Forum rules
Please read and follow this sub-forum's specific rules listed HERE, as well as our sitewide rules listed HERE.

Link to the Secret Ninja Sessions community ustream channel - info in this thread
User avatar
Dead Rats
Posts: 5630
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:55 am
Location: bed

Post by Dead Rats » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:09 am

The main problem I've had with raves in shacks/houses and shit is that the end result is usually carnage. You need to do it out of the way somewhere. Last one I went to, a load of badboi's came along and started jacking people and shit. Not nice.
Image

User avatar
did
Posts: 2902
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:34 pm
Location: Nottingham NG2

Post by did » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:51 pm

BrokenNo!ze wrote:
Dead Rats wrote:The main problem I've had with raves in shacks/houses and shit is that the end result is usually carnage. You need to do it out of the way somewhere. Last one I went to, a load of badboi's came along and started jacking people and shit. Not nice.
Yeah bruv, alot of knob ed's turning up would bother me to be honest
always a wounder

User avatar
swomp
Posts: 777
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:48 pm
Location: South London

Post by swomp » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:09 pm

In london they happen every weekend, playing at one tonight as it goes...

User avatar
HamCrescendo
Posts: 3101
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:11 pm
Location: Manchester/London

Post by HamCrescendo » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:43 pm

Last one I went to was that scumoween, but we queued for 2 hours and gave up. Since then I havent heard of any big ones, but then I'm not exactly ITK with that stuff.

lukki
Posts: 1107
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:44 pm
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Post by lukki » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:31 am

macroclimate wrote:I was at one in Seattle a bit ago. Don't know who owned the property, but it was a bit up off the street (up some stairs and back into the woods a bit) and it wasn't very close to houses on either side. The inside of the place was totally torn apart, no drywall, the floors had holes busted in them and stuff... it was really falling apart.

The "venue" pulled a huge extension cord from somewhere to provide power (not a tremendously good idea in itself). They had a "bar" also, which consisted of a dude selling a variety of drugs/alcohol from behind a fold-up table.

All-in-all it was a really fun party. The vibe was totally cool, kick ass live set from a local guy, and it went all night (not subject to the laws of official entertainment institutions).

Either way, it's a big risk, but usually a lot of fun.
Did you ever hit up any of the bridge parties this summer? Shit was pretty crackin, right under 1st Ave S-Went a few times for afterhours just to see it haha
Shift Recordings --- Rottun Recordings --- Dubstep.fm

User avatar
triky
Posts: 843
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:26 pm

Post by triky » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:19 pm

what about disaffected factory or something. that's the type of place people try to find here (or rather in france) during the winter. it's usually far enough from residential places so you dont get people calling in complaining about the noise and you don't usually have to clean up coz it's abandoned anyway...

i went to a teknival one summer and it was in an old military training facility in the north of italy. it was cool coz it was quite far from civilisation, and enclosed in quite a big space with this low wall but the problem was it had loads of mortar holes in the ground and they were pretty tricky to spot at night. people eventually ended up dragging sand sacks into them to sort it out after the first night. it was a pretty awesome site though. they did it again a few summers in the same place. wicked times.
Image

eventualdecline
Posts: 298
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:51 am
Location: Hong Kong
Contact:

Post by eventualdecline » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:50 pm

triky wrote:i went to a teknival one summer and it was in an old military training facility in the north of italy. it was cool coz it was quite far from civilisation, and enclosed in quite a big space with this low wall but the problem was it had loads of mortar holes in the ground and they were pretty tricky to spot at night. people eventually ended up dragging sand sacks into them to sort it out after the first night. it was a pretty awesome site though. they did it again a few summers in the same place. wicked times.
Would be pretty shit if it was an abandonded mine testing facility and you had ravers blowing up left and right.

User avatar
HamCrescendo
Posts: 3101
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:11 pm
Location: Manchester/London

Post by HamCrescendo » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:23 pm

eventualdecline wrote:
triky wrote:i went to a teknival one summer and it was in an old military training facility in the north of italy. it was cool coz it was quite far from civilisation, and enclosed in quite a big space with this low wall but the problem was it had loads of mortar holes in the ground and they were pretty tricky to spot at night. people eventually ended up dragging sand sacks into them to sort it out after the first night. it was a pretty awesome site though. they did it again a few summers in the same place. wicked times.
Would be pretty shit if it was an abandonded mine testing facility and you had ravers blowing up left and right.

one hell of a light show though.

User avatar
street_legal
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:37 pm
Location: WMidlands

Post by street_legal » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:51 pm

just go for it mate, im sure most of us have broken into abandoned building at some point 8)

if you get caught, take the punishment and laugh about it the next day. summat to tell the grandkids 8)
little boh peep wrote:If you take out the "dub", by definition it is no longer dubstep.
moodswing wrote: Imagine an acoustic band on a stage and all of them standing directly in front of each other. I'd love to hear how to eq that.

User avatar
HamCrescendo
Posts: 3101
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:11 pm
Location: Manchester/London

Post by HamCrescendo » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:07 am

Thats the way you should view everything (bar going to prison for murdering prostitutes), it's a story to tell.



The brass murdering doesnt go down too well at parties.

steel city steppa
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:47 am

Post by steel city steppa » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:15 am

Raves these days mostly dont get shut down.. All the ones i went to over the summer (every weekend) which were in fields, warehouses, abandoned churches, abandoned electricity substations and the in countryside the police showed up.. but these were all big raves.. at least 5 systems and around 900+ people so the police cant really do anything as they'll be turfing out lots of wasted, pissed off people onto the streets and thats not a good idea.
Worst that will happen organiser gets arrested, system gets confiscated and incinerated.

User avatar
triky
Posts: 843
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:26 pm

Post by triky » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:30 pm

DanRev wrote:
eventualdecline wrote:
triky wrote:i went to a teknival one summer and it was in an old military training facility in the north of italy. it was cool coz it was quite far from civilisation, and enclosed in quite a big space with this low wall but the problem was it had loads of mortar holes in the ground and they were pretty tricky to spot at night. people eventually ended up dragging sand sacks into them to sort it out after the first night. it was a pretty awesome site though. they did it again a few summers in the same place. wicked times.
Would be pretty shit if it was an abandonded mine testing facility and you had ravers blowing up left and right.
one hell of a light show though.
lol. i think they do that in sicily. yark.
Image

[b]racket
Posts: 1803
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:00 pm
Location: E20
Contact:

Post by [b]racket » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:30 pm

Dead Rats wrote:Last one I went to, a load of badboi's came along and started jacking people and shit. Not nice.
This is the reason why i don't go to London Squat parties anymore, especially the huge multi rig raves..

Pretty much spent my youth raving in mad buildings across London and they used to be well safe, not so anymore...

One of the crazier buildings to have a big multi rig party in it was Citypoint in Moorgate, people that know the London city skyline will recognise the building

Image

Long gone are the days of city raving, Shoreditch was well raved before it turned into the shitpit it is nowadays

User avatar
Coppola
Posts: 3560
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:03 pm
Location: London

Post by Coppola » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:42 pm

that must have been sick!

anyone know of the rave scene in dorset/somerset?

User avatar
street_legal
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:37 pm
Location: WMidlands

Post by street_legal » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:28 pm

DanRev wrote:Thats the way you should view everything <b>(bar going to prison for murdering prostitutes)</b>, it's a story to tell.
haha think that kinda goes without saying to be honest mate 8)
little boh peep wrote:If you take out the "dub", by definition it is no longer dubstep.
moodswing wrote: Imagine an acoustic band on a stage and all of them standing directly in front of each other. I'd love to hear how to eq that.

User avatar
dubfama
Posts: 786
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:18 pm
Location: leeds / southampton
Contact:

Post by dubfama » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:51 pm

DanRev wrote:Last one I went to was that scumoween, but we queued for 2 hours and gave up. Since then I havent heard of any big ones, but then I'm not exactly ITK with that stuff.
took me like 3 hours to get in, was pretty ridiculous but it was siiiiiiiick tho!! once you got past the queue outside the fences you had to queue at the door to the warehouse was hectic. i went to synthetic circus the year before and that was SO quiet in comparison. basically what it is i reckon is the security (who granted are much better than they used to be at keeping crackheads and people who are out to rob ye) just get too fucked and couldnt cope with the queues, everyone was just pushing round the side and they locked the gates and said they werent gonna let anyone in until we queued up properly was a biot crazy. it was sick inside tho there must have been about 25 rigs in there at least couple of rigs were playing shiiiit loads of dubstep as well especially the ACME rig. dubstep is gettin played out shit loads more at free parties nowadays its quality, hear random choons gettin dropped and some full sets. i went to a party in hackney wick the other week that i think disjunkt put on and high pressure soundsystem came all the way down from leeds muchos respect, and sarantis and sasquatch played was good fun. i love the free party atmosphere and dubstep is perfect in a warehouse on a huge dirty rig if you ask me :D bonzer
Last edited by dubfama on Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

djfoster
Posts: 2083
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 1:15 pm
Location: Italy

Post by djfoster » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:52 pm

in summer my crew, our friends with soundsystem and I make dubstep rave in an abandond house, with medium garden all round. we talk with owner (an english sir that live in the uk), after party we clean, we dont play till late (23:00-5:00), and there are no prolbems. I know we are lucky
Sub.FM Mondays 2-4pm GMT
Twitter
Facebook
Mixcloud
Soundcloud
Tumblr

User avatar
dubfama
Posts: 786
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:18 pm
Location: leeds / southampton
Contact:

Post by dubfama » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:01 pm

[b]racket wrote:
Dead Rats wrote:Last one I went to, a load of badboi's came along and started jacking people and shit. Not nice.
This is the reason why i don't go to London Squat parties anymore, especially the huge multi rig raves..

Pretty much spent my youth raving in mad buildings across London and they used to be well safe, not so anymore...

One of the crazier buildings to have a big multi rig party in it was Citypoint in Moorgate, people that know the London city skyline will recognise the building

Image

Long gone are the days of city raving, Shoreditch was well raved before it turned into the shitpit it is nowadays
they have proper security at parties now i think one of the companies that does a lot of it is called 'safe&sound'. you have to queue up outside and get patted down and all that. i think its good cos they arent bothered about drugs if you were worried about that, theyre just lookin for knives and guns which is good cos it creates a better atmosphere inside. one thing i dont like about london parties is how much you have to pay to get in, at first when i moved down south about 2 years ago i was paying £5 to get into all of them but it seems to be going up and paying £10 to get into a party has become quite common which is ridiculous cos they dont have to pay licensing or staff or anything like that and you could go see a big dj in a club for that price. ye so thats the thing that annoys me about london parties :(

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests