Soulseek

Off Topic (Everything besides dubstep)
Forum rules
Please read and follow this sub-forum's specific rules listed HERE, as well as our sitewide rules listed HERE.

Link to the Secret Ninja Sessions community ustream channel - info in this thread
User avatar
properauthority
Posts: 174
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:55 pm
Location: dub-city, manitoba
Contact:

Soulseek

Post by properauthority » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:15 pm

Image
Last edited by properauthority on Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
dubsteptim
Posts: 2340
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:53 pm
Location: W/DC metro [usa]
Contact:

Post by dubsteptim » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:19 pm

fuck off man, read the rules
dubstep mixes for the ipod
bassskakesmyplace

User avatar
properauthority
Posts: 174
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:55 pm
Location: dub-city, manitoba
Contact:

Post by properauthority » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:26 pm

OCT 2008

SECRET NINJA HIDEOUT RULES


1. THIS IS A NOT SAFE FOR WORK (NSFW) FORUM
You've been warned . We don't take responsibility for anything posted here that may put your work situation in jeopardy.

2. Any moderating we do in Secret Ninja Hideout will be done without explanation of any kind. If threads or posts get moderated, it's for a good reason.

3. Taking matter's from Secret Ninja Hideout to other parts of our forum won't be tolerated.

4. The following will be removed:(whether they be linked via URL's or posted)
-Sexually explicit videos of any kind. This also means explicit pictures.
-Sexually explicit language directed towards other members of the forum.
-Anti-religious pictures, videos or discussion.



These rules can change at anytime.


Mmkay? Lotta' biased people against Slsk or what? I'm kind of lost here.
Image

User avatar
Pada
Posts: 5555
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:48 pm
Location: Bradford

Post by Pada » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:41 pm

properauthority wrote:
OCT 2008

SECRET NINJA HIDEOUT RULES


1. THIS IS A NOT SAFE FOR WORK (NSFW) FORUM
You've been warned . We don't take responsibility for anything posted here that may put your work situation in jeopardy.

2. Any moderating we do in Secret Ninja Hideout will be done without explanation of any kind. If threads or posts get moderated, it's for a good reason.

3. Taking matter's from Secret Ninja Hideout to other parts of our forum won't be tolerated.

4. The following will be removed:(whether they be linked via URL's or posted)
-Sexually explicit videos of any kind. This also means explicit pictures.
-Sexually explicit language directed towards other members of the forum.
-Anti-religious pictures, videos or discussion.



These rules can change at anytime.


Mmkay? Lotta' biased people against Slsk or what? I'm kind of lost here.
Filesharing and/or file sharing info IS NOT ALOUD by forum rules.
http://www.mixcloud.com/Etc/etc-no-6

User avatar
dubluke
Posts: 12839
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:15 am
Location: anyplace that would provide good shelter during a zombie invasion
Contact:

Post by dubluke » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:45 pm

adisize wrote:
properauthority wrote:
OCT 2008

SECRET NINJA HIDEOUT RULES


1. THIS IS A NOT SAFE FOR WORK (NSFW) FORUM
You've been warned . We don't take responsibility for anything posted here that may put your work situation in jeopardy.

2. Any moderating we do in Secret Ninja Hideout will be done without explanation of any kind. If threads or posts get moderated, it's for a good reason.

3. Taking matter's from Secret Ninja Hideout to other parts of our forum won't be tolerated.

4. The following will be removed:(whether they be linked via URL's or posted)
-Sexually explicit videos of any kind. This also means explicit pictures.
-Sexually explicit language directed towards other members of the forum.
-Anti-religious pictures, videos or discussion.



These rules can change at anytime.


Mmkay? Lotta' biased people against Slsk or what? I'm kind of lost here.
Filesharing and/or file sharing info IS NOT ALOUD by forum rules.
what he means is that filesharing has to be conducted silently ;)
gwa wrote:apparently i fell into the fridge and shouted really loudly 'RIGHT, IM OFF TO GO FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF ME LASS NOW MUM, SHUT YER DOOR'
"ketchup sounds for ketchup people"

User avatar
properauthority
Posts: 174
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:55 pm
Location: dub-city, manitoba
Contact:

Post by properauthority » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:51 pm

jesus and all through grade school i was taught sharing was good
Image

surface_tension
Posts: 3063
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:53 am
Location: Windianapolis, Windiana
Contact:

Post by surface_tension » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:24 pm

properauthority wrote:jesus and all through grade school i was taught sharing was good
Fuck off Communist!

;)

Seriously though, please edit your post before you get the ban. Or a foot up your ass. Like 99% of the people here on these forums are either a producer or a label owner. How disrespectful to them/us/me.
Image
Image

User avatar
diss04
Posts: 5727
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:47 pm
Location: Essex/London
Contact:

Post by diss04 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:01 pm

Parson wrote:...and then God said unto Eve, "Have some of that, slag."

User avatar
beerz
Posts: 1188
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:46 pm
Location: Manchester/Leeds
Contact:

Post by beerz » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:20 pm

all i see is a brick of nizzle.........wt was there b4?

User avatar
diss04
Posts: 5727
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:47 pm
Location: Essex/London
Contact:

Post by diss04 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:23 pm

bEErz wrote:all i see is a brick of nizzle.........wt was there b4?
The guy asked who was on slsk and asked whoever was on there to add him
Parson wrote:...and then God said unto Eve, "Have some of that, slag."

User avatar
jackieboi
Posts: 703
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:13 am
Contact:

Post by jackieboi » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:42 pm

Lol @ the instant outraged chanters. Get a grip you dweebs.

Mon the illegal download collective!
Just another number in the chuckle demographic

NEW TUNES UP - SILETZ DUB & DEVILS KISS. 320'S FOR THE REQUEST MANDEM

http://www.myspace.com/miscreantuk

User avatar
DZA
Posts: 14609
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:43 pm
Location: Notts
Contact:

Post by DZA » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:30 am

i want that sniff :o
jackmaster wrote:you went in with this mix.
.onelove. wrote:There needs to be a DZA app on iPhone just for id'ing old Grime tracks.
Soundcloud
http://soundcloud.com/keepitgully http://www.mixcloud.com/slevarance/

User avatar
whygohome10
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:51 pm

Post by whygohome10 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:42 am

dammmnnn shit is ruff round here

:o

User avatar
properauthority
Posts: 174
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:55 pm
Location: dub-city, manitoba
Contact:

Post by properauthority » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:18 pm

whygohome10 wrote:dammmnnn shit is ruff round here

:o
no kiddin

why don't we all just chill and buck a line together? :wink: :roll:
Image

User avatar
jeer
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:43 pm
Location: Notts

Post by jeer » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:20 pm

Image

Put dat shit on ice!

User avatar
badger
Posts: 13776
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:24 pm
Location: Bristol
Contact:

Post by badger » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:28 pm

rules

tbh i don't think he's actually done anything worthy of mod's attenention as he hasn't posted links to torrents or specific info (unless he deleted it), but bear in mind that many people here disagree with filesharing so it's best not to discuss it in public

User avatar
jackieboi
Posts: 703
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:13 am
Contact:

Post by jackieboi » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:07 pm

badger wrote:rules

tbh i don't think he's actually done anything worthy of mod's attenention as he hasn't posted links to torrents or specific info (unless he deleted it), but bear in mind that many people here disagree with filesharing so it's best not to discuss it in public
Ridiculous isnt it.
Just another number in the chuckle demographic

NEW TUNES UP - SILETZ DUB & DEVILS KISS. 320'S FOR THE REQUEST MANDEM

http://www.myspace.com/miscreantuk

User avatar
badger
Posts: 13776
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:24 pm
Location: Bristol
Contact:

Post by badger » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:13 pm

jackieboi wrote:
badger wrote:rules

tbh i don't think he's actually done anything worthy of mod's attenention as he hasn't posted links to torrents or specific info (unless he deleted it), but bear in mind that many people here disagree with filesharing so it's best not to discuss it in public
Ridiculous isnt it.
not really tbh. in a small(ish) and independent scene like dubstep filesharing can have a massive impact. of course some people use filesharing to find new music and then as a result buy it (which i have to admit was the case with me), the vast majority just leech tunes for free and give very little back. and if tunes don't sell then record labels collapse, and some producers might stop making music - which i'm sure nobody here wants to happen

User avatar
properauthority
Posts: 174
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:55 pm
Location: dub-city, manitoba
Contact:

Post by properauthority » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:27 pm

badger wrote:
jackieboi wrote:
badger wrote:rules

tbh i don't think he's actually done anything worthy of mod's attenention as he hasn't posted links to torrents or specific info (unless he deleted it), but bear in mind that many people here disagree with filesharing so it's best not to discuss it in public
Ridiculous isnt it.
not really tbh. in a small(ish) and independent scene like dubstep filesharing can have a massive impact.
a massively positive one, no?
Image

User avatar
adikt
Posts: 452
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:36 pm
Location: Gainesville, FL
Contact:

Post by adikt » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:36 pm

shouldnt we be encouraging RESPONSIBLE file sharing, rather than saying all sharing is bad?


I mean complete prohibition didnt work on any drug, ever...drinking...sex...music...
why would we think that would work with filesharing?



rather than saying all sharing is bad, mmkay...we should be saying Share everything you ever hear, but SUPPORT it if you like it, and if you dont, get rid of it. That is responsible sharing. Using it to find new music, not to find all the music your friend has but for free. Now would this stop all negative filesharing? no, but i think in the long term it would pretty much disintegrate the actual issue that most seem to have with it. I give all my live music away for free. If someone wants to give me money for a 2nd copy of the cd or even just admission to one of my shows, then we are all equal in my eyes.

bottom line: support & there will be no problems. peace.

I <3 Soulseek :)
Image
"Yo Madlib, why you waste so much money on records & getting high?" ~ Quasimoto

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests