Man City - Kaka bid...

Off Topic (Everything besides dubstep)
Forum rules
Please read and follow this sub-forum's specific rules listed HERE, as well as our sitewide rules listed HERE.

Link to the Secret Ninja Sessions community ustream channel - info in this thread
User avatar
-dubson-
Posts: 4356
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:09 pm

Man City - Kaka bid...

Post by -dubson- » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:48 pm

£108 million!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o






would like to see him in the premier league though

User avatar
umkhontowesizwe
Posts: 803
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:58 pm

Post by umkhontowesizwe » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:51 pm

£500,000 a week :o . shows real character to turn that down.

User avatar
diss04
Posts: 5727
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:47 pm
Location: Essex/London
Contact:

Post by diss04 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:29 pm

he's a church boy though ain't he? man knows that money is the root of all evil
Parson wrote:...and then God said unto Eve, "Have some of that, slag."

User avatar
umkhontowesizwe
Posts: 803
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:58 pm

Post by umkhontowesizwe » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:31 pm

Diss04 wrote:he's a church boy though ain't he? man knows that money is the root of all evil
Image

:lol:

i bet jesus would be willing to sell him for £108,000,000

User avatar
felixgash
Posts: 3446
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 2:13 pm
Location: Unknown

Post by felixgash » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:46 pm

UmkhontoWeSizwe wrote: i bet jesus would be willing to sell him for £108,000,000
:lol:
http://clubkitsch.co.uk - the faversham, leeds
http://thegoldenowl.co.uk - contemporary art, music & culture, leeds

DSF Online Gaming ID Thread [PS3/X360] <<< Add Your IDs Here

datura
Posts: 7442
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:46 pm
Location: Old Trafford
Contact:

Post by datura » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:00 pm

I hope he's looking forward to playing against Barnsley, Blackpool and Plymouth next season.

User avatar
drokkr
Posts: 7128
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:57 pm
Location: Cork, Ireland
Contact:

Post by drokkr » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:09 pm

felixGash wrote:
UmkhontoWeSizwe wrote: i bet jesus would be willing to sell him for £108,000,000
:lol:
jesus would sell his dad for £108,000,000

harlesden
Posts: 597
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:21 pm

Post by harlesden » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:43 pm

RIP football if it goes ahead

nonsense

User avatar
HamCrescendo
Posts: 3101
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:11 pm
Location: Manchester/London

Post by HamCrescendo » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:30 pm

football is fucking ridiculous.


There needs to be a cap on the amount of money teams can spend on wages in a year or something.

User avatar
whygohome10
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:51 pm

Post by whygohome10 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:21 am

naw, you are never gonna regulate english or euro football. never too much money coming from too many places.

i hope city get relegated... haha that would be tits for sure

User avatar
3rdeye
Posts: 1720
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:22 am
Location: Byron Bay 2481

Post by 3rdeye » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:47 am

DanRev wrote: There needs to be a cap on the amount of money teams can spend on wages in a year or something.
This!
Subtitles | Area Recordings | Muti Music | Requiem Audio | Subway | Gradient Audio
http://www.soundcloud.com/3rdeye

dj leeno
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Cambridge
Contact:

Post by dj leeno » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:11 am

I don't care how much some billionaire wants to spend, we now have the best players in the world playing in the prem.

User avatar
Dead Rats
Posts: 5630
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:55 am
Location: bed

Post by Dead Rats » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:02 am

£108,000,000 for a player to earn £500,000 for no more than 5 hours a week is a world gone mad.
Image

User avatar
magma
Posts: 18810
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Post by magma » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:38 am

More cash rolling around the economy from foreign billionaires - More of this please!

(Put the wage cap on when they've all bailed us out of recession)

User avatar
HamCrescendo
Posts: 3101
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:11 pm
Location: Manchester/London

Post by HamCrescendo » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:38 am

DJ Leeno wrote:I don't care how much some billionaire wants to spend, we now have the best players in the world playing in the prem.


and we cant afford to go see them.


and when we do, we get treated like children. No standing up, no offensive chanting, no this, no that.

User avatar
frodo
Posts: 1960
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: Reykjavík / London / Perth
Contact:

Post by frodo » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:43 am

"To pay someone £500,000 per week to kick a football, no matter how brilliantly, perfectly illustrates just how insane our world actually is."

BBC Sport's Paul Fletcher

Couldn't agree more.
Image

"Oh my God! You best call the doctors, get the ambulances ready 'cause this one is gonna go off!"

User avatar
fork
Posts: 1246
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:06 pm

Post by fork » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:49 am

Frodo wrote:"To pay someone £500,000 per week to kick a football, no matter how brilliantly, perfectly illustrates just how insane our world actually is."

BBC Sport's Paul Fletcher

Couldn't agree more.
This

User avatar
felixgash
Posts: 3446
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 2:13 pm
Location: Unknown

Post by felixgash » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:31 pm

fork46 wrote:
Frodo wrote:"To pay someone £500,000 per week to kick a football, no matter how brilliantly, perfectly illustrates just how insane our world actually is."

BBC Sport's Paul Fletcher

Couldn't agree more.
This
You should see how much NBA stars get paid.

(Advertising/sponsorship does play a massive part in their salaries, but I'm sure they get paid more weekly?)
http://clubkitsch.co.uk - the faversham, leeds
http://thegoldenowl.co.uk - contemporary art, music & culture, leeds

DSF Online Gaming ID Thread [PS3/X360] <<< Add Your IDs Here

User avatar
diss04
Posts: 5727
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:47 pm
Location: Essex/London
Contact:

Post by diss04 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:23 pm

last time i checked the highest paid player in the NBA is kevin garrett who is on about $24million a year, compared to the over £100million pound a year being offered to kaka...

to be honest, if kaka is worth £100million+ just think how much lionel messi is worth! :o
Parson wrote:...and then God said unto Eve, "Have some of that, slag."

eventualdecline
Posts: 298
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:51 am
Location: Hong Kong
Contact:

Post by eventualdecline » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:27 pm

Diss04 wrote:last time i checked the highest paid player in the NBA is kevin garrett who is on about $24million a year, compared to the over £100million pound a year being offered to kaka...

to be honest, if kaka is worth £100million+ just think how much lionel messi is worth! :o
You're comparing the wrong stats. The £100+ goes to Milan, Kaka's represenatives, etc... Kaka's actual would be wage is £500,000 a week, 52 * £500,000 = £26,000,000.

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests