Favourite VSTs

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum
Jubz

Post by Jubz » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:32 am

BLK PLAGUE wrote:
RFID wrote:No cracked bullshit on my machine!
get me!
Plenty on mine, brap!

misk

Post by misk » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:23 am

i paid for reaktor 4, 5
as well as cubasse sx2,3

other than that.... no... just.... no.

theres something to be said for paying for software tho.
ive got some cracked shit that i barely EVER use, but i make reaktor do some pretty cool things, and it finds its way into every one of my tunes.

hell, i even made my own Reese synth that tears shit up (like it better than the menace) and only uses 6% of my cpu.

oh, and RFID, blockfish is fucking NUTS. cant belive its free. and fwiw, breakage uses it... :roll:

bze

Post by bze » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:27 am

Foamo wrote: synth
sampler
reverb
delay
distortion
other cool things?
I do have quite a few faves but from the synth dept. but conserning from the average hours of usage, Pro 53 by Native Instruments is the shit. Perfect for any melodic content in a track. I'd give my left arm for the actual hardware it's modelled after.

Been exploring FL's Directwave lately and for the price it whacks out every other software sampler there is. Tons of handy features, haven't got a complete grip yet but imo, for any sampling freak it's essential.

Again, FL's Reverb, robust and straight-forward to use. Some may have something to say about the quality of output but methinks it's 2nd to none in usability.

Audiodamage's Dubstation. Pretty (3D-modeled[!]) little plugin what will turn just about any track into dubby madness with a few tweaks. Straight-forward, not too precise and sounds pretty damn good, just lovely. Barely using any other delay after I discovered this one.

For some serious distortion, IK Multimedia's Amplitube 2. Expensive as hell but does the job better than anything. period.

From the dept of everything else that's cool, Smartelectronix. Tons of little nifty plugins for free.
Misk wrote: ive got some cracked shit that i barely EVER use, but i make reaktor do some pretty cool things, and it finds its way into every one of my tunes.
Well isn't Reaktor good for pretty much anything if you just can handle it? Been trying to tame that beast for a few times but not my cake or tea.

demento

Post by demento » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:55 am

I'm really feeling Zeta but i also use absynth3

cubase audio window for sampling

haven't tried dubstation yet but i've been playing around with quite a few reverb modules, altiverb is pretty good but fucking chomps on my processor.

distortion wise it's either antares tube or amplitube for me

i use the waves pack in some capacity for every tune i work on, especially RChannel

i've also been using Disco DSP's Thrillme which can do some heavy shit in terms of compressing and enhancing beats and breaks.
fight fire with water.

http://www.myspace.com/rekordbreaker - for collaboratory bizniz

indi

Post by indi » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:52 am

http://www.sadglad.com/freevstplugins6.html

List of over 670 free VST's for you to download

plugexpert

Post by plugexpert » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:49 pm

freeware:

synth: oatmeal
sampler: renoise
reverb: ambience
delay: analoque delay
distortion: mda distortion
other cool things?: to many things to list

wares:

synth: reaktor
sampler: kontakt
reverb: altiverb
delay: ohmboys
distortion: guitarrig 2
other cool things?: to many things to list

permutated

Re: Favourite VSTs

Post by permutated » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:28 am

Foamo wrote:been using purely reason until now.. but just got Ableton, so im tryin to get into the VST world

so.. whats your favourites for:

synth
sampler
reverb
delay
distortion
other cool things?

cheers, would be good to hear wot u lot reccommend
synth: Absynth 3, Reaktor 5, Massive, ALBINO.
sampler: Whichever comes in ableton.
reverb: Altiverb 5
distortion: Camel Phat, Amplitube2
other: I love skidder, and Anatares Filter

Fbac

Post by Fbac » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:05 pm

That blockfish is cool ima grab that ^_^

Didnt see U-hes ACE or ZEBRA 2 on here,, im using ace more and more as i get my head round it. And been using zebra as an effect insert which is pretty cool but so far only messed around and then turned it off (unless im using it as asimple filter )

been using liquid sonics reverberate for Reverb dutys ,

and effectrix for my efx
(altho got reaktor and a basterdized version of something similer to finger but its cpu intensive and am getting results i like from effectrix on my leads. )
hurlingdervish wrote:The true test of an overly specific, pretentious, genre name, is how many sycophants line up to defend its bullshit when the copy-cats arrive on the scene, imitating the styles of people who had no conscience for the styles they were innovating.

FSTZ

Post by FSTZ » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:18 pm

haha

I love these old threads

RFID was my old hiphop alias

-[2]DAY_-

Post by -[2]DAY_- » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:23 pm

whats w the four-letter codenames then? imma be ABCD soon.. or ABBA... wait..... dang
Soundcloud
SOME SONGS AND TUNES :|

FSTZ

Post by FSTZ » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:38 pm

yeah haha

it just kinda happened

I was obsessed with conspiracy related technology back then so hence the name RFID but I was really putting in work under my old name unklefestaZoid so I shortened that to festazoid and that became FSTZ

almostskate100

Thinking about these VSTs...

Post by almostskate100 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:53 pm

Hey guys,

I have a bit of cash saved up from work, and I was thinking of purchasing some more studio equipment / VSTs. I've really been looking into the Izotope plugins, especially Izotope Trash, and possibly the Sugarbytes Effectrix, which seemed like a pretty cool piece of software.

I recently bought some studio monitors and the MPK25, so the main piece of hardware I'd consider getting would be a new audio interface, though I'm not sure it would be worth it for use with my Macbook.

Has anyone had really great experiences with either of those VSTs? Or should I consider others? I currently have Ableton and Massive, fyi. Thanks

oprs

Re: Thinking about these VSTs...

Post by oprs » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:20 pm

tal noise maker, great and its free. haven't stopped fooling with it for about 7 hrs
andyyhitscar wrote:I really want to know the cause because it is a beast bass system. It is cube sized, a little smaller than a dope microwave.
http://elandingpage.com

jimbeaux

Post by jimbeaux » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:37 pm

synth: massive, orchestral vst, nexus.
sampler: standard FL sampler
reverb: ambience
delay: retro delay, fruity delay bank, perky
distortion: ohmicide, quadrafuzz
compression: Blockfish
other: dblueglitch
EQ: standard FL eq 2
what is this world coming to?

symmetricalsounds

Post by symmetricalsounds » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:39 pm

izotope trash is sickness, not sure i'd bother with effectrix though. it's decent but i'd probably spend money elsewhere.

Toolman4

Post by Toolman4 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:57 pm

yea effectix is kinda gimmicky if you ask me. It does anything you can do via automation/modulation but quicker and more convenient. If that's something you want, then by all means....I just think effectrix novelty will eventually wear off...not to mention I think the glitch mob might have displayed it's utility to nearly full potential. Sugar Bytes WoW filter is TOOO SICK though...just sayin :P

wormcode

Post by wormcode » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:05 pm

Yeah its cool but too gimmicky. You can do the same for free as already mentioned. Automation, scissors tool, even a little dblue glitch, which is the free plugin Effectrix was obviously based upon. Trash is great but also check out D16 Devastor.

-[2]DAY_-

Post by -[2]DAY_- » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:07 pm

buy an i/o interface
Soundcloud

bassinine

Post by bassinine » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:08 pm

yea, sugarbytes wow > effectrix. trash is good from what i hear... never used it though.

-[2]DAY_-

Post by -[2]DAY_- » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:13 pm

FSTZ wrote:yeah haha

it just kinda happened

I was obsessed with conspiracy related technology back then so hence the name RFID but I was really putting in work under my old name unklefestaZoid so I shortened that to festazoid and that became FSTZ
if i hadda guess, i'd have pronounced ur current alias as "festaz"... close enough. The vowel-less thing leaves some room for interpretation sometimes.... like DFRNT.... de-front, different, defer not.... yeah, probz "different" but yakno :6:
Soundcloud