someone explain to me how to produce the sick wobble bline?

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum
bypass
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:00 am
Location: Apetown

Post by bypass » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:34 pm

k13 wrote:i dont know where the filter cut off bit is on reason. im still mucking about with it but its just not sounding right. i want the warble effect to go from slow to fast like say from 1/4 to 1/16 but i dont think the mod wheel allows me to do that.
open your reason manual. Search for Subtractor. Learn it, then reread this thread.
k13 wrote:however when i play around with the Rate knob using the keyboard that does allow me to go from slow to fast but its difficult when your also playing the keyboard aswell. lolz. is that the way to do it?
and while your at it, learn how to automate. Search for it in the manual
Space is the place

User avatar
purecain
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:30 pm

Post by purecain » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:00 pm

yeah m8 you need to learn how everything works so you can develop your own production style rather than hopin for the best every time you make some merky bass. took me fuckin ages to master with absynth3...
well worth the time....

corpsey
Posts: 5995
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 2:16 am

Post by corpsey » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:47 am

Shonky wrote:
clarkycatDealer wrote:lol@forensix...
Good general advice there. You could also try surrounding him in groups and pointing at him if the laughter doesn't get noticed immediately. The circling and whining manouevre is also well favoured at such moments where the aforementioned fail to work.
lol

fubar
Posts: 415
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: south-west

Post by fubar » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:19 pm

if you want to progressivley change the lfo rate on the nnxt then set the lfo down or up on the mod section for either of the two wheels and then when you move it up it should change the rate (up or down) from where youve set it at the bottom.

k13
Posts: 98
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:00 pm

Post by k13 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:24 pm

lolz ye ive mananged to figure out the automated bit and now im using my mod wheel on the midi to control the rate. i am nackered

feralbrown
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:11 am
Location: Australia, mate!

Post by feralbrown » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:31 am

Blip wrote:
CFour wrote:or try something else
This is the one that really works.

:lol:

hey mate...
you may enjoy fiddling with this <Cyclotron> little baby...
pay attention to what happens when you muck-about with it, and you'll "geddit" in no time at all, I reckon!

k13
Posts: 98
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:00 pm

Post by k13 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:10 pm

what is that mate?

User avatar
blip
Posts: 654
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:44 am
Location: Barcelona, Brasil

Post by blip » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:06 am

I would, actually, but I work on a Mac. Damn.

ekaj
Posts: 274
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:25 am
Location: Lancaster

Post by ekaj » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:54 pm

Load up a malstrom, on OSC 1, set it to Saw wave. On the right, press the on button to activate the filter, set it to Clip, turn the filter amount (amt) up to full.
Turn the filter freq down to about 20.
On the ModeB section at the top, click on 'Sync'. Adjust the rate to whatever you want 3/16, 1/8 etc.
Turn the freq in Mode B up to just under full. Turn the vol up to about full.
Enable OSC 2, leave it set to sine.
Add some tape distortion, EQ to taste.. instant wobble.
I didn't test this out because I don't have reason infront of me, but this should work.

Jake

7 below
Posts: 628
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:10 pm
Location: Battersea London
Contact:

Post by 7 below » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:47 pm

ekaj wrote:Load up a malstrom, on OSC 1, set it to Saw wave. On the right, press the on button to activate the filter, set it to Clip, turn the filter amount (amt) up to full.
Turn the filter freq up to about 600Hz, select HP filter, turn resonance up to full.
Now load up a Scream distortion unit, turn all the knobs as far to the right as you can, don't forget the master.
Now put your headphones on, don't forget to turn them up loud either.
Test, wait for smell of burnt eardrum.
That's more like it...

ekaj
Posts: 274
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:25 am
Location: Lancaster

Post by ekaj » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:18 pm

7 below wrote:
ekaj wrote:Load up a malstrom, on OSC 1, set it to Saw wave. On the right, press the on button to activate the filter, set it to Clip, turn the filter amount (amt) up to full.
Turn the filter freq up to about 600Hz, select HP filter, turn resonance up to full.
Now load up a Scream distortion unit, turn all the knobs as far to the right as you can, don't forget the master.
Now put your headphones on, don't forget to turn them up loud either.
Test, wait for smell of burnt eardrum.
That's more like it...
what kinda fucking help it that? :roll:

Fucking childish the lot of you...

selector.dub.u
Posts: 3912
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:17 am
Location: San Jose, California
Contact:

Post by selector.dub.u » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:36 am

ekaj wrote:
7 below wrote:
ekaj wrote:Load up a malstrom, on OSC 1, set it to Saw wave. On the right, press the on button to activate the filter, set it to Clip, turn the filter amount (amt) up to full.
Turn the filter freq up to about 600Hz, select HP filter, turn resonance up to full.
Now load up a Scream distortion unit, turn all the knobs as far to the right as you can, don't forget the master.
Now put your headphones on, don't forget to turn them up loud either.
Test, wait for smell of burnt eardrum.
That's more like it...
what kinda fucking help it that? :roll:

Fucking childish the lot of you...
I think it was a joke!
:)
Roundabout Sounds
Soundcloud

User avatar
blip
Posts: 654
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:44 am
Location: Barcelona, Brasil

Post by blip » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:43 am

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Damn SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH too SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH late SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH guess

ekaj
Posts: 274
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:25 am
Location: Lancaster

Post by ekaj » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:28 pm

I think it was a joke!
:)
ha I hope so.. but there is this tendency on this board when someone asks a genuine question - they get a load of shit.

This is meant to be a production forum, you should answer sensibly and share some fucking knowledge - leave the fucking childish shit for the other forums man. That's where I stand anyway, fuck you if you disagree :wink:

ramadanman
Posts: 2924
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:10 pm
Contact:

Post by ramadanman » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:54 pm

:o

Jubz
Posts: 4893
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:29 pm

Post by Jubz » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:05 am

ekaj wrote:
I think it was a joke!
:)
This is meant to be a production forum, you should answer sensibly

Image

forensix (mcr)
Posts: 4688
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:58 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Post by forensix (mcr) » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:07 am

heres a lesson

learn how to use this Image well cos it can be very useful

User avatar
subframe
Posts: 662
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:43 pm
Location: San Francisco
Contact:

Post by subframe » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:20 am

ekaj wrote:
I think it was a joke!
:)
ha I hope so.. but there is this tendency on this board when someone asks a genuine question - they get a load of shit.

This is meant to be a production forum, you should answer sensibly and share some fucking knowledge - leave the fucking childish shit for the other forums man. That's where I stand anyway, fuck you if you disagree :wink:
"How do I produce the sick wobbly bassline" is not a legitimate production question.

The answer to that question is "Go educate yourself on sound engineering and synthesis". Once that happens a question like that begs a lot of silly responses.

no disrespect to the original poster, btw.
maximum disorder is our equilibrium

User avatar
subframe
Posts: 662
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:43 pm
Location: San Francisco
Contact:

Post by subframe » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:22 am

ekaj wrote: :wink:
^^^ oh I missed that part

:oops:
maximum disorder is our equilibrium

misk
Posts: 5525
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:40 am
Location: East Coast Soon!
Contact:

Post by misk » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:35 am

really feelin' the vibe in here....


:!:

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 12 guests