Special Announcement: We have migrated to a new forum platform community.dsf.ninja. The old forum is locked, but it will remain open for reading. Read more.

Soundcard

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum

Postby fubar » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:02 pm

I need to get a new soundcard 1/4 jack inputs for recording. with a limit of around 150 quid, been looking at the e-mu 0404 usb interface, which is loking good, im on a desktop tho so is that bit of a waste?, can i get something better which is pci? what about the m-audio delta 44 or 66? Any help/experience would be much appreciated cheers.
fubar

Postby dopelabs » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:23 pm

i always like external gear for mobility purposes... can bring it to a friends etc...
dopelabs

Postby tenbucc2 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:26 pm

If you have no friends... stick with the pci interfacing card.
tenbucc2

Postby fubar » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:40 am

tenbucc2 wrote:If you have no friends... stick with the pci interfacing card.

dont really see your logic there all my mates who produce have a sound card so I don't see why you would want a usb one unless your using a laptop or if it is better quality for the price?

i've heard that you will get more for your money with a pci but im not sure if this is true.
fubar

Postby unempty » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:03 am

fubar wrote:I need to get a new soundcard 1/4 jack inputs for recording. with a limit of around 150 quid, been looking at the e-mu 0404 usb interface, which is loking good, im on a desktop tho so is that bit of a waste?, can i get something better which is pci?
Yeah, the 1212M is a much better card, with good converters and perfectly usable pres. Also take a gander at Echo Gina 3G, which is a pretty good deal.
unempty

Postby batfink » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:59 am

Unempty wrote:
fubar wrote:I need to get a new soundcard 1/4 jack inputs for recording. with a limit of around 150 quid, been looking at the e-mu 0404 usb interface, which is loking good, im on a desktop tho so is that bit of a waste?, can i get something better which is pci?
Yeah, the 1212M is a much better card, with good converters and perfectly usable pres. Also take a gander at Echo Gina 3G, which is a pretty good deal.

i doubt you'll notice any difference between the 0404/1212 without good monitors (perfectly set up ones too!). And even then it's not a big one - slighter sweeeter treble, slightly better soundstage..... the 0404 is a bargain. It gets my recommendation! :)
is it?

NO.
batfink

This forum is locked. Continue the discussion by creating a new topic on The New Dubstep Forum.

Return to Production, Hardware & Technical