FINISHED TRACKS FOR AUGUST, 2010

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum
Locked
User avatar
Hellomadame
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:00 pm
Contact:

Re: FINISHED TRACKS FOR AUGUST, 2010

Post by Hellomadame » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:39 am

@ Jaydot : definitely rework the build up and drop section. It's rare that it happens but it made me feel like the snare wasn't on the third time at first (really shortly).

@ dav. id : Really nice one ! Good synth choices and it would be nice to sometimes change a bit the drums sounds since your bass line is quite repetive. And there is a short sound at like 3:02 (the screaming noise) that would be nice to use a bit more in the beginning or even make it longer for that disgusting screaming type of noise.

Here's my latest track :).

Soundcloud

Lazure
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:03 pm

Re: FINISHED TRACKS FOR AUGUST, 2010

Post by Lazure » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:06 am

@hellomadame

sounds like a rave in draculas castle lol love your first track got alot of character and flavaaaaa keep at it nothin bad to say homiee!

jaydot
Posts: 5860
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:34 am
Location: Your place or hers?

Re: FINISHED TRACKS FOR AUGUST, 2010

Post by jaydot » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:45 am

Hellomadame wrote:@ Jaydot : definitely rework the build up and drop section. It's rare that it happens but it made me feel like the snare wasn't on the third time at first (really shortly).

@ dav. id : Really nice one ! Good synth choices and it would be nice to sometimes change a bit the drums sounds since your bass line is quite repetive. And there is a short sound at like 3:02 (the screaming noise) that would be nice to use a bit more in the beginning or even make it longer for that disgusting screaming type of noise.

Here's my latest track :).

Soundcloud
Interesting synth, unsual, one little thing I would s ay is the sirens could do with a little more variation leading into the first drop so run them through a sampler and record a pattern instead of throwing the sample in. It would build up the tension leading up to the drop if you had a siren rhythm going. But the bassline is filthy-dirty, big ups on that one.
Soundcloud

Soundcloud

tweet @jaydotdubstep

jaydot
Posts: 5860
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:34 am
Location: Your place or hers?

Re: FINISHED TRACKS FOR AUGUST, 2010

Post by jaydot » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:47 am

Lazure wrote:@Jaydot

thanks homie :) and yeah man nice track! i would say after the drop cut out that synth or shorten it to quick stabs, also crank up those basses a little and doctor up your snare a little it sounds like its getting cut off and noisy (ie white noise) although just my prefrences.. but otheaaawizeeeee illa track and keep at it maneee :D
Cheers bro,

@concrate: :i:
Soundcloud

Soundcloud

tweet @jaydotdubstep

User avatar
Hellomadame
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:00 pm
Contact:

Re: FINISHED TRACKS FOR AUGUST, 2010

Post by Hellomadame » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:13 am

jaydot wrote:
Interesting synth, unsual, one little thing I would s ay is the sirens could do with a little more variation leading into the first drop so run them through a sampler and record a pattern instead of throwing the sample in. It would build up the tension leading up to the drop if you had a siren rhythm going. But the bassline is filthy-dirty, big ups on that one.
Thanks for the pointer ! But I really wanted to keep that section simple. It somehow makes it a bit easier to mix in with other tracks where you have that steady siren at each bar, counting towards the drop. But I'll try it ! And if I like it I'll probably change it. Nothings better than experimenting. Any comments on the mixdown before experimentation and mastering ?

jaydot
Posts: 5860
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:34 am
Location: Your place or hers?

Re: FINISHED TRACKS FOR AUGUST, 2010

Post by jaydot » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:20 am

Hellomadame wrote:
jaydot wrote:
Interesting synth, unsual, one little thing I would s ay is the sirens could do with a little more variation leading into the first drop so run them through a sampler and record a pattern instead of throwing the sample in. It would build up the tension leading up to the drop if you had a siren rhythm going. But the bassline is filthy-dirty, big ups on that one.
Thanks for the pointer ! But I really wanted to keep that section simple. It somehow makes it a bit easier to mix in with other tracks where you have that steady siren at each bar, counting towards the drop. But I'll try it ! And if I like it I'll probably change it. Nothings better than experimenting. Any comments on the mixdown before experimentation and mastering ?
It does sound a little quiet to me, the master. I can hear a tasty snare coming through, but on these headphones the mix isn't loud enough for it to be in my face.

I see what you mean about wanting to keep it simple, but the tension doesn't build as well as it could imo. What I would do after the 8th bar have to long siren notes and then a flurry of short notes in succession to really introduce the drop. :)
Soundcloud

Soundcloud

tweet @jaydotdubstep

Gombles
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:06 pm

Re: FINISHED TRACKS FOR AUGUST, 2010

Post by Gombles » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:10 am

@Hellomadame - That tunes is wicked, the intro synth is scary as shit, i agree with jaydot though, the build up could do with a bit more variety but love the percussion and some of those hi-hats sound awesome and flow real nice

@jaydot - Lovin' that intro synth but i think it either needs its level dropped after drop or the rest of the track brought up as it sounds abit over powering, rest of tracks has some real nice melodies and basslines but at times feels a little 'muddy' specially after initial drop the 2 low basslines/synth lines seam to mask each other but might just be my speakers coloring the sound abit im not sure. Otherwise real nice track ! I think with some more mixing/levels it'd sound 10x better than it already does!

@Lazure - Real nice vibe to this love the harsh string-like synth line thats most of the way through, proper feeling it (had me bobbing my head abit tbf). Those initial stabs remind me way to much of the beginning of Datsik - Retreat aha dunno whether that was intentional but they sound good either way. Drums might need mixing around abit cause i could feel myself kinda hearing them going over and over during the main parts but other than that mate really feelings this track, more sub bass and i could definitely hear this out in a club !

Ok posted these 2 up before but only got one response :cry:

1st is my most 'finished' piece, love some feedback on it :)
Soundcloud

2nd was a WIP but I think its as done as it can be at this stage so thoughts on its sort of 'finished-ness' and ideas i could work on for progression would be wicked
Soundcloud

cheers guys!

User avatar
reignstep
Posts: 406
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:59 pm
Location: Leuven, Belgium

Re: FINISHED TRACKS FOR AUGUST, 2010

Post by reignstep » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:24 am

-Drone: Look for the Production Bible post in the search option, there's alot on EQ'ing written down there.

- Gombles : Your first track is really nice man, it has a cool groove to it and things move you away. Arrangement wise it's good and soundwise too, vocals are good but could've been higher quality , minor fault :) Overall good tune!

- Second one is f*cking epic, I just don't like one note, it's one that goes down , a minor note that really just doesn't fit in the atmosphere you got (at exacly 1 minute) if you leave it out and replace it with another major note, one that fits, it's gonna be great. Also you kick drum has some sort of noise to it, didn't fully dig it, maybe it's a EQ'ing mistake. you should send it to a couple of deep dubstep labels when it's fully finished mate


- Hellomadame : nice filth track, but your drums are drowning under your basslines. You'll need to layer them and EQ them (see Production bible thread). Also,( it's just my humble opinion :lol: ) i'm so tired of hearing that YOY bass, it was cool when funtcase and doctor-p used it, but it needs to fit the tune which i think is not fully the case here. but thats personal :)


Little repost of my latest one, just a preview:
Soundcloud

wanna hear some producer's feedback and not your avarage joe commenting 'OMGEPIC' :P

dav.id
Posts: 564
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Rotterdam

Re: FINISHED TRACKS FOR AUGUST, 2010

Post by dav.id » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:29 am

@gombles:

I really like the harmonics of the bass of the first part, but I think you need to put a lower sub under it for some weight
and the wobbles on 1:50 ruined it for me, I would stick to the first melody....

and I think the vocal samples on the part before 1:50 are a bit overkill, sometimes less is more to make a point :)

good luck mate
new tracks:
Soundcloud

Gombles
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:06 pm

Re: FINISHED TRACKS FOR AUGUST, 2010

Post by Gombles » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:39 am

reignz wrote: - Gombles : Your first track is really nice man, it has a cool groove to it and things move you away. Arrangement wise it's good and soundwise too, vocals are good but could've been higher quality , minor fault :) Overall good tune!

- Second one is f*cking epic, I just don't like one note, it's one that goes down , a minor note that really just doesn't fit in the atmosphere you got (at exacly 1 minute) if you leave it out and replace it with another major note, one that fits, it's gonna be great. Also you kick drum has some sort of noise to it, didn't fully dig it, maybe it's a EQ'ing mistake. you should send it to a couple of deep dubstep labels when it's fully finished mate
cheers man, much appreciated, yh i've only been working on it about a week so much more work to be done, i think it was the detune on the bass messing up there i'll have a play around and i can't quite hear the noise you are on about could you explain what to listen for ?

and as for the audio samples being low quality they're youtube speech rips so no suprise as to the quality issue but yh i'll work on it, thanks again mate

@reignz as for your track mate, beastttt, by the time it dropped i was ready to explode wicked build up, atm only real improvement I would gives is get it bloody longer and send me a 320 :lol: !

Sub Warrior
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:07 pm
Location: Antwerp
Contact:

Re: FINISHED TRACKS FOR AUGUST, 2010

Post by Sub Warrior » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:03 pm

Hellomadame wrote:
Soundcloud
Got some massive filth over there m8, it's not my kinda thing but I know others dig this!
reignz wrote:-Drone: Look for the Production Bible post in the search option, there's alot on EQ'ing written down there.


Soundcloud
Already posted feedback on Open Music Synergy, big track but again not really my thing! :D
I also don't really "feel" the bass over here, could it be that your subs don't reach low enough?
jaydot wrote:@urbannerd62: Reminds me of Joker that lead does, heavy track loving the synth pattern. Mixdown is a bit off but loving the sound nonetheless

Soundcloud
Holy shit, that shit is tight. Mixdown could be better imo, many frequencies from different elements are overlapping but hey.. It still sounds massive!

My latest track:

Soundcloud
greetings, Sub!
STOMPASTOMPA
Soundcloud

User avatar
Hellomadame
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:00 pm
Contact:

Re: FINISHED TRACKS FOR AUGUST, 2010

Post by Hellomadame » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:36 pm

jaydot wrote: It does sound a little quiet to me, the master. I can hear a tasty snare coming through, but on these headphones the mix isn't loud enough for it to be in my face.

I see what you mean about wanting to keep it simple, but the tension doesn't build as well as it could imo. What I would do after the 8th bar have to long siren notes and then a flurry of short notes in succession to really introduce the drop. :)
HEY THANKS ! I really appreciate this. For sure there is still work to do on the mix down/mastering side of it. I don't want to use this as an excuse but I was really looking forward to send my track into mastering so that they could up the volume and clean it a bit. For the drop I would definitely look at this. I tried putting the siren into the sampler and make a pattern with it but it didn't sounded right to my ears. The thing with that drop is that I wanted to make it more like a surprise drop with the spin back sample just like you stop the drop in the middle of it.
reignz wrote: - Hellomadame : nice filth track, but your drums are drowning under your basslines. You'll need to layer them and EQ them (see Production bible thread). Also,( it's just my humble opinion :lol: ) i'm so tired of hearing that YOY bass, it was cool when funtcase and doctor-p used it, but it needs to fit the tune which i think is not fully the case here. but thats personal :)
Nice nice feedback ! I'll rework the drums section but don't worry I EQ every single drum hit so that every ... hit is in the right frequency range. The problem here is possibly more a mix down towards the volume issue which can be quickly rearranged. Hahaha for sure that sound is over used but I wanted something that has punch and I thought it did the job I tried to change it a bit though. It's a bit more distorted than what doctor p uses but no worry I'm working right now on modifying the sounds so that they can fit my style but still has that sound that says : drop (at least).

User avatar
legend4ry
Posts: 10589
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:56 am
Location: Woolwich
Contact:

Re: FINISHED TRACKS FOR AUGUST, 2010

Post by legend4ry » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:37 pm

just about to go out the door and play this one out tonight..finished it 30 seconds ago haha... leave me some feedback for when I get home and i'll crit yours then!
Soundcloud
Soulstep wrote: My point is i just wanna hear more vibes
Soundcloud

User avatar
Hellomadame
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:00 pm
Contact:

Re: FINISHED TRACKS FOR AUGUST, 2010

Post by Hellomadame » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:42 pm

Sub Warrior wrote: Soundcloud
greetings, Sub!
I am really liking this one !! The bass is mean and really well done on the mixdown. The snare is cracking really good I thought I should give you a big props for that. It's maybe the drop that could use a tiny bit more tension. I know it's so ... over used and you probably wanted to go in a other direction but a build up of kicks would be sounding really nice here.

User avatar
Hellomadame
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:00 pm
Contact:

Re: FINISHED TRACKS FOR AUGUST, 2010

Post by Hellomadame » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:47 pm

legend4ry wrote:just about to go out the door and play this one out tonight..finished it 30 seconds ago haha... leave me some feedback for when I get home and i'll crit yours then!
Soundcloud

I am digging to the max that vibe. Nothing to say about it, it's just plain chilled out, extra loungy, and I like the drum beat. It just shows that you have experience ! : )

Lazure
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:03 pm

Re: FINISHED TRACKS FOR AUGUST, 2010

Post by Lazure » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:12 pm

touched up the drums and the subbass a little and adjusted a few other things! please let me know what you think!! :D :D :D
muchlovedsf :wink:

Soundcloud

Gombles
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:06 pm

Re: FINISHED TRACKS FOR AUGUST, 2010

Post by Gombles » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:28 pm

legend4ry wrote:just about to go out the door and play this one out tonight..finished it 30 seconds ago haha... leave me some feedback for when I get home and i'll crit yours then!
Soundcloud
digging this track so bad, loving the tribal sort of toms and ambient percussion, cant think of any negatives tbh mate other than were can i get this haha !

gagandeep90
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:28 pm

Re: FINISHED TRACKS FOR AUGUST, 2010

Post by gagandeep90 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:08 pm

Supp Guys.

This is one of my very 1st Dubstep attempts. All the feedback will be much appreciated and the Critics as well.

The track is made with a lot of indian style influence.

Thank You

Soundcloud

gagandeep90
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:28 pm

Re: FINISHED TRACKS FOR AUGUST, 2010

Post by gagandeep90 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:15 pm

Gombles wrote:
legend4ry wrote:just about to go out the door and play this one out tonight..finished it 30 seconds ago haha... leave me some feedback for when I get home and i'll crit yours then!
Soundcloud
digging this track so bad, loving the tribal sort of toms and ambient percussion, cant think of any negatives tbh mate other than were can i get this haha !
very nice chilled out stuff. love the vibe

RatRaceProducing
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:54 am

Re: FINISHED TRACKS FOR AUGUST, 2010

Post by RatRaceProducing » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:26 pm

amphibian wrote:
hendrix126 wrote:@710, Your song has a pretty cool flow to it. A different bass, but I think it sounds cool with the tune. I like it.

@Project Ex,Your song has great drums and drum variations. Not very much to say about the bass except that it keeps the song together and pushes it forward. Also a good track.

Any critique on my newest track?
Soundcloud
mate the intro is absolutely superb. Really nice soundscape and the lead synth has a really beautiful delay. The bass also fits really well. I feel however that the first drop's synth doesn't work as well as the second one which I feel would work really well with the intro. Of course, just my 2c :)
Liking this one has a good vibe, kinda smooth with that sharp bass. Nice sound i would anjoy a bit more drive. Percussion is good man ncie and crisp.

!peace

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests