DSF Sample Swap

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum
deadly_habit

DSF Sample Swap

Post by deadly_habit » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:46 am

link to the public directory: http://www.deadlyhabit.com/sampleswap/
the rules:
Welcome to the dubstepforum production sample swap
---------------------------------------------------

a.) The RULES
-------------
1. No commercial content (warez, sample cds, aka use common sense so I don't kill or lock you out from a free service)
2. Archive you files in either .zip, .rar, or .7z format (if your package requires a multifile split archive, create a sub-folder for it)
no longer applies, but try to keep the files reasonably sized 3. File size limit is 50mb, but this doesn't mean you can't do a multifile split archive (see rule 2)
4. Do not delete other user's content and contributions. I'm allowing full read and write access via this login to this directory, and all sessions will be logged, so anyone found to be abusing the service or vandalizing others files will be banned and publicly named and shamed (along with your ip address >:D )
would be nice, but not going to make it a requirement5. Along with your file, upload a .txt file of the same name listing it's contents. A simple way to do this in windows is the following.
I. compile all the files you will be compiling into a folder somewhere you can find easily
II. go to the start menu and click on run...
III. type in cmd hit enter (congrats you're now in command prompt
IV. ok for example's sake say i places my files in D:\upload\samplepack now you would type in the following command dir D:\upload\samplepack /s > list.txt
V. this will generate a .txt file names list.txt in the folder listing all the files and any files in subdirectories
VI. after you create your archive file, rename the list.txt file to correspond with the archive files name. (ex: dh-snare-pack.rar dh-snare-pack.txt)

6. Let the users on the board know you uploaded something new and maybe a slight description of what you uploaded would be helpful (and a link too :) ) in this thread http://www.dubstepforum.com/daf-sample- ... 55182.html
7. Enjoy

the mission statement:
anyone be interested in this? i have unlimited webspace and bandwidth going to waste that could be used to host sample packs/files from the users on here rather than the time limited free services like mediafire, yousendit etc.
it'd be the same setup as the doa sample swap that clone runs (http://www.darkbeats.com/sampleswap)
definitely would be easy to setup and moderate and when the time comes to change hosts i can even ask for donations :6:
could be a permanent place to host the sample comp packs and vsti comp packs as well :wink:

Want to Upload?
-----------------
Get at me via PM or a post in this thread and I'll give you limited ftp access to upload with account details and a password that rotates weekly

donations:
not needed at this time

oh yeah and just a headps up donation wise, since i'm only periodically checking that email address shoot me a pm or an e-mail to deadly.habit@gmail.com and depending on amount relevant info for incentive stuff
delivery will be via yousendit for files in case you need to adjust spam filters on your email account
:D:

Donation thank you list:
Iain Stewart
Benjamin Abbott
Last edited by deadly_habit on Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:05 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Basic A

Re: dsf sample swap?

Post by Basic A » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:39 am

Yes!

dude...

nvm Ill get at youon aim...but Ive got something make thiseasier on you heh...
Soundcloud
Soundcloud

:::::: Basic A. ::::: [url=hhttp://soundcloud.com/teknicyde]Teknicyde[/url] ::::: [url=hhttp://soundcloud.com/drjinx]Dr. J!nx[/url] :::::
Phantom Hertz - Fentplates - Reboot Records - Cosmology - Applied Mathematics

curmee

Post by curmee » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:15 am

in :w:

codymackaz

Post by codymackaz » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:20 am

Nice!

paravrais

Post by paravrais » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:14 am

Nice one, sounds like a great idea to me dude!

Karoshi

Post by Karoshi » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:04 am

I like the idea of this! would be very good. could also be used to archive all of the previous DSF Competition sample packs too.

Also, cheers for the link, diddnt know about that! looks good.
Soundcloud

New track... :)

...Used to be snick01...

Holda

Post by Holda » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:09 pm

sick idea man !

deadly_habit

Post by deadly_habit » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:56 pm

alright i'll get this setup sometime today with a ftp login to submit content. anyone who wants the pass to submit content is gonna have to pm me and i'm gonna have some basic ground rules :wink:

deadly_habit

Re: [running] dsf sample swap

Post by deadly_habit » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:25 pm

info will be going out shortly to those who pm'd me

deadly_habit

Post by deadly_habit » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:49 pm

:t:

Gombles

Post by Gombles » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:24 pm

this might just be me being retarded(im not usually with computers...) but how the hell do i upload shit :u: :cry:

deadly_habit

Post by deadly_habit » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:31 pm

Gombles wrote:this might just be me being retarded(im not usually with computers...) but how the hell do i upload shit :u: :cry:
all the info is in the pm i send to people requesting access to upload
you'll also need a ftp client like (plenty of free ones: filezilla, coreftp etc)
if you've never used an ftp to upload files...
http://www.filetransferplanet.com/ftp-guides-resources/

Gombles

Post by Gombles » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:32 pm

ahh yhh i have filezilla duhhh... now i feel retarded :lol:

deadly_habit

Post by deadly_habit » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:33 pm

Gombles wrote:ahh yhh i have filezilla duhhh... now i feel retarded :lol:
just make sure you read the rules before upping anything

Gombles

Post by Gombles » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:03 pm

Just uploading some reggae samples now, some you'll probably recognize some from tracks, but i'll let you find them for youselves :lol:, but like a dick i left the list of files and shit outside the .rar so i've put it in the subfolder separate if you wanna have a look, sorry !

upstateface

Post by upstateface » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:13 pm

If someone ups a bunch of snares I'll up my massive Jacob's Ladder pack that I made.
knell wrote:i have the weirdest boner right now

deadly_habit

Post by deadly_habit » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:26 pm

Gombles wrote:Just uploading some reggae samples now, some you'll probably recognize some from tracks, but i'll let you find them for youselves :lol:, but like a dick i left the list of files and shit outside the .rar so i've put it in the subfolder separate if you wanna have a look, sorry !
nope that's exactly how i want it to be :t:

Gombles

Post by Gombles » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:26 pm

deadly habit wrote:
Gombles wrote:Just uploading some reggae samples now, some you'll probably recognize some from tracks, but i'll let you find them for youselves :lol:, but like a dick i left the list of files and shit outside the .rar so i've put it in the subfolder separate if you wanna have a look, sorry !
wicked :), hope people get some cool stuff out of it.

I've got loads more to upload but don't wanna overload people with shit aha. some packs i have are like 700mb if not more of like guitars, acoustic drum loops, synth loops(bass,lead etc) and shit so if anyone has any requests i'll list the sort of stuff i have below and people can just ask for what they want/need and I'll pick out the good stuff to upload or just PM if you want all of it :lol:

Packs I have (All Royalty free so don't worry about releasing tunes with these samples in :D):

Dancehall & Reggaeton Construction Kits

4 Different Dub Kits
- 70bpm Am
- 70bpm Dm
- 75bpm G#m
- 80bpm Dm

Equinox Sounds - Acoustic Drum Loops

PeaceLoveProcuctions - Club Pack

PinkNoise Studio - Solina Strings (4416/9624)

Prime Loops Packs
- Bass Adict
- Drum Addict
- Filthy Electro House Sessions
- Guitar Anthology Bundle
- Liquid Techno
- Lithium Synth Loops
- Nu-Eastern Grooves
- Synth Addict

Prime Loops - Beat Feast

Processed Guitars Pack

Reggae Sample Pack (Uploaded)

Rock/Blues/Jazz Guitars Collection

SM09 Funky house Grooves 2

SM11 Minimal Techno

SM12 Progressive House

SM14 Tribal Tech House

Sorry if this is a bit overkill just thought it might be helpful to some people if not everyone, will update once things have been uploaded

cheers all !

deadly_habit

Post by deadly_habit » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:41 pm

Gombles wrote:
deadly habit wrote:
wicked :), hope people get some cool stuff out of it.

I've got loads more to upload but don't wanna overload people with shit aha. some packs i have are like 700mb if not more of like guitars, acoustic drum loops, synth loops(bass,lead etc) and shit so if anyone has any requests i'll list the sort of stuff i have below and people can just ask for what they want/need and I'll pick out the good stuff to upload or just PM if you want all of it :lol:

Packs I have (All Royalty free so don't worry about releasing tunes with these samples in :D):

Dancehall & Reggaeton Construction Kits

4 Different Dub Kits
- 70bpm Am
- 70bpm Dm
- 75bpm G#m
- 80bpm Dm

Equinox Sounds - Acoustic Drum Loops

PeaceLoveProcuctions - Club Pack

PinkNoise Studio - Solina Strings (4416/9624)

Prime Loops Packs
- Bass Adict
- Drum Addict
- Filthy Electro House Sessions
- Guitar Anthology Bundle
- Liquid Techno
- Lithium Synth Loops
- Nu-Eastern Grooves
- Synth Addict

Prime Loops - Beat Feast

Processed Guitars Pack

Reggae Sample Pack (Uploaded)

Rock/Blues/Jazz Guitars Collection

SM09 Funky house Grooves 2

SM11 Minimal Techno

SM12 Progressive House

SM14 Tribal Tech House

Sorry if this is a bit overkill just thought it might be helpful to some people if not everyone, will update once things have been uploaded

cheers all !
1. No commercial content (warez, sample cds, aka use common sense so I don't kill or lock you out from a free service)

Gombles

Post by Gombles » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:47 pm

deadly habit wrote:
Non of it's illegally downloaded, they're all free sample packs I've collected either from online or Mtech magazine, only ones weren't included were ones with restrictive licenses