Funtcase - Computer Music Masterclass

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum
sixth sense

Re: Funtcase - Computer Music Masterclass

Post by sixth sense » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:28 pm

So how about uploading that masterclass to the tube ya

Pedro Sánchez

Post by Pedro Sánchez » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:06 pm

not that i'm arsed but if anyone is gonna up it, use vimeo it will last longer.
Genevieve wrote:It's a universal law that the rich have to exploit the poor. Preferably violently.

jakewilson

Post by jakewilson » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:36 am

i bought the magazine only for the dvd, and the fucking thing wont work, macbook immediately ejects it after its in (the drives working fine on all other dvds) Anybody had the same problem or know how to fix it?

DJ Crackle

Post by DJ Crackle » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:36 am

jakewilson wrote:i bought the magazine only for the dvd, and the fucking thing wont work, macbook immediately ejects it after its in (the drives working fine on all other dvds) Anybody had the same problem or know how to fix it?
haha that's terrible
i'm waiting on mine.
might be a little bit

Echoi

Post by Echoi » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:01 am

jakewilson wrote:i bought the magazine only for the dvd, and the fucking thing wont work, macbook immediately ejects it after its in (the drives working fine on all other dvds) Anybody had the same problem or know how to fix it?
Go back to the shop and tell them, ive had faulty discs before, they'll replace it for you.

Depone

Post by Depone » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:07 am

Echoi wrote:
Go back to the shop and tell them, ive had faulty discs before, they'll replace it for you.
I actually sometimes get this from future music DVD's too.
Give it a good wipe with ya t-shirt, and i find it works again.

jakewilson

Post by jakewilson » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:22 am

Yeah tried cleaning the disk and whatnots, cant take it back to the shop because it was a mail order. Computer music wont reply to my emails. Spose ive just gotta deal with it ahah, FML

-[2]DAY_-

Post by -[2]DAY_- » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:22 pm

Echoi wrote:FML?
"Fuck My Life" :wink:
Soundcloud
SOME SONGS AND TUNES :|

VirtualMark

Post by VirtualMark » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:24 pm

To be honest i found this video quite disappointing. While some of the stuff was interesting, what i really want to know is how to get some of those nasty sounds out of the synths. Been experimenting loads with massive and albino but haven't come up with as interesting sounds as funtcase does.

I don't use reason, so the part on eq ing reason to get a good sound is irrelevant. Drum programming isn't something i've ever struggled with either. Getting decent synth patches is the main and hardest thing for me. It would be good if CM did a feature on how other producers get their sounds, if not the exact sound then something similar. I have no desire to copy anyone elses work, i'd like to reverse engineer to give myself insight on how its done. Then i can come up with something unique thats my own.

Dunno why people didn't like the track wizards sleeve, i loved it! Been blasting it out of my car for the past few weeks!

sixth sense

Post by sixth sense » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:07 pm

Did you read the actual magazine because most people don't and there is a step by step guide on how to make the bass sounds in wizard sleeve. It's all using Reason but just apply the same technique to any other synth and you should be well on your way.

-[2]DAY_-

Post by -[2]DAY_- » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:14 pm

VirtualMark wrote:I don't use reason, so the part on eq ing reason to get a good sound is irrelevant.

I don't follow your logic. EQs are EQs. Didn't see the vid so I could just be blowing smoke.... but I use Reason, and learn tons from watching people work w/ other parametric EQs that have nothing to do with Reason. They're all just equalizers though. It might not be a mirror image of your kit so you can use identical settings, but i can't see how it would be IRRELEVANT just cuz its on a different bit of kit than you have.
Soundcloud

VirtualMark

Post by VirtualMark » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:37 pm

Yeah i have the magazine in front of me. Theres some useful tips there, but i'd like to know how that sound was made in massive. I don't have reason so i can't try out the one done on malstrom, and all the tutorial says is that the other one was done by southbound hangars on massive. A bit more detail would be nice, as i find making the twisted filth sounds the hardest bit.

To 2day - he was talking about eqing reason to get rid of the 'reason sound', cubase doesn't have this problem which is why that particular bit of info is irrelevant. He wasn't on about general eqing.

symmetricalsounds

Post by symmetricalsounds » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:59 pm

VirtualMark wrote: I don't have reason so i can't try out the one done on malstrom
yes you can, just do the same steps in another synth you do have.

-[2]DAY_-

Post by -[2]DAY_- » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:33 pm

-[2]DAY_- wrote: Didn't see the vid so I could just be blowing smoke....
:oops: ...... :3:
Soundcloud

DJ Crackle

Post by DJ Crackle » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:38 pm

sixth sense wrote:Did you read the actual magazine because most people don't and there is a step by step guide on how to make the bass sounds in wizard sleeve. It's all using Reason but just apply the same technique to any other synth and you should be well on your way.
eh... if i'm not mistaken, the bass sounds he described started with "this was originally a patch by southbound hangars in massive"
so that's not ENTIRELY true
though he does give some tips on how he further processes the sound

Trichome

Post by Trichome » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:34 pm

Someone post the malstrom tutorial and ill try and recreate it in massive. :)
Soundcloud

When I first knifed man, it felt funny
Next day come, it became funny

Echoi

Post by Echoi » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:38 pm

Trainrek wrote:Someone post the malstrom tutorial and ill try and recreate it in massive. :)
Hang on then, let me find it

Echoi

Post by Echoi » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:43 pm

Funtcase Wizard Sleeve Malstrom tutorial..

Square and sine dropped 2 octaves, run through shaper (set to clip). Automated cut off on one of the comb filters to drop from 26 to 0.

Thats just one of them

Trichome

Post by Trichome » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:21 pm

Echoi wrote:Funtcase Wizard Sleeve Malstrom tutorial..

Square and sine dropped 2 octaves, run through shaper (set to clip). Automated cut off on one of the comb filters to drop from 26 to 0.

Thats just one of them
Didn't really work out well, never used comb filter before.. however I did make a really cool sound which I will post a preset for in a minute
Soundcloud

When I first knifed man, it felt funny
Next day come, it became funny