Subgenre specific labels

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum
Dystinkt

Subgenre specific labels

Post by Dystinkt » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:41 pm

Hey im just curious to know if theres any labels out there, mainly in the UK as I am english myself, that sign artists with a specific style i.e labels that tend more toward signing brostep guys or more sub driven stuff

therapist

Re: Subgenre specific labels

Post by therapist » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:51 pm

Most of them, unless you mean really specific. You're unlikely to see the same artist have a track on Hotflush and Circus for example.

Dystinkt

Post by Dystinkt » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:55 pm

Cheers mate, would it be possible for you to give us a brief rundown on some of the labels that do more subbass stuff?

Basic A

Post by Basic A » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:09 pm

Are you looking for labels to send demo's too, or to buy tunes from?
Soundcloud
Soundcloud

:::::: Basic A. ::::: [url=hhttp://soundcloud.com/teknicyde]Teknicyde[/url] ::::: [url=hhttp://soundcloud.com/drjinx]Dr. J!nx[/url] :::::
Phantom Hertz - Fentplates - Reboot Records - Cosmology - Applied Mathematics

DJ Crackle

Post by DJ Crackle » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:13 pm

either way, i'd say look at the artists who have the sound you're looking for, and find who they release under

Dystinkt

Post by Dystinkt » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:16 pm

yeah im looking more for labels to send demos too

Sharmaji

Post by Sharmaji » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:29 pm

google is your friend in times like these
twitter.com/sharmabeats
twitter.com/SubSwara
subswara.com
myspace.com/davesharma
Low Motion Records, Soul Motive, TKG, Daly City, Mercury UK

Basic A

Post by Basic A » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:29 am

There is a running list of labels that (I might be wrong here) future's untold compiled... Itd definately be worth a look! but, basically man you should do as much as you can to better yourself as an artist, from learning your craft to promotion, before you start approaching people expecting them to invest in you. Labels want you to have some sort of self-achievements before they start to add to that, in my experience at least. And naturally, ask yourself if the tunes your sending are still gonna be good to you personally in say, 8 months. I put a few out recently, the oldest of which was over a year old, but, I still play it myself because I still dont feel theres much I could change. Chances are, if you, as the artist are gonna get tired of listening to it, the labels will to. From there, your almost better trying to contact DJ's who play the style you write, and network with other producers then it is to blindly mail demos out. Having friends already involved in the label is a great foot in the door. Set your sights high, but not to hgih or to low. Your unlikely to get signed to Hotflush first release, but going with some 6th graderwith a juno account isnt helping you either.

All that being said, and I assume you knew it all already, Ill pm you some suggestions, not calling anyone out here or showiing favoritism -w-
Soundcloud
Soundcloud

:::::: Basic A. ::::: [url=hhttp://soundcloud.com/teknicyde]Teknicyde[/url] ::::: [url=hhttp://soundcloud.com/drjinx]Dr. J!nx[/url] :::::
Phantom Hertz - Fentplates - Reboot Records - Cosmology - Applied Mathematics