WIPs/unfinished tunes for feedback * no finished tunes *

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum
NG_GAMMA
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:36 am

Re: WIPs/unfinished tunes for feedback * no finished tunes *

Post by NG_GAMMA » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:35 pm

malabuandcoki: nice tune man. love the shaker panning around however sometimes it crosses over mid shake and it looses that electronically made feel. not sure if thats what you were going for.
like the glitchy stuff and breakdown is sick. keep it up... dont really make much stuff like this so cant really give any advice. just that i like it!

Specimen-Yarp: cool, very loud though and maybe some clipping? might be my headphones but you might also be pushing it too high. love the long synth. sounds sick.

Trainrek: really liked the general feel of the tune. i personally your drums and has a nice mix of different sounds. just some eqing as said before but other than that I like where its going and its defiantly promising.

so heres mine.... synths need more work but wanted some feedback before i went any further.

Soundcloud

GSM0
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:41 pm

Re: WIPs/unfinished tunes for feedback * no finished tunes *

Post by GSM0 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:17 pm

MY FIRST TRACK EVER!
please be nice XD
but be honest
Soundcloud

Dystinkt
Posts: 1744
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:36 pm
Location: Bradford, UK
Contact:

Re: WIPs/unfinished tunes for feedback * no finished tunes *

Post by Dystinkt » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:35 pm

Ng-Gamma- nice percussion in the intro, reminds me of phaeleh a lot. top notch mixdown, everythings spot on. only work to do is on your synths but youv got that covered, nice work mate.

bRRRz- in the intro, your drum sounds sound quite cheap, turn the snare down in the intro too. secondly, actually finish it its a really good start!


Globalz- nice atmospheres in the intro, maybe turn it all down a bit htough, sounds like its too loud. the drop hits you out of nowhere, nice. definitely turn it down and work on the mixdown, it kind of deafens you into thinking its good. good work so far though mate.
my effort:
Soundcloud

Specimen-Yarp
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:55 am
Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

Re: WIPs/unfinished tunes for feedback * no finished tunes *

Post by Specimen-Yarp » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:57 pm

NG_GAMMA wrote:malabuandcoki: nice tune man. love the shaker panning around however sometimes it crosses over mid shake and it looses that electronically made feel. not sure if thats what you were going for.
like the glitchy stuff and breakdown is sick. keep it up... dont really make much stuff like this so cant really give any advice. just that i like it!

Specimen-Yarp: cool, very loud though and maybe some clipping? might be my headphones but you might also be pushing it too high. love the long synth. sounds sick.

Trainrek: really liked the general feel of the tune. i personally your drums and has a nice mix of different sounds. just some eqing as said before but other than that I like where its going and its defiantly promising.

so heres mine.... synths need more work but wanted some feedback before i went any further.

Soundcloud
yeah like i said its not mastered yet.. and i am going to make the 2nd drop a mid tempo break.
Swaggr wrote:sucks ass posting at the end of the page! gotten like 1 person to give feedback on this song

Swaggr
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:20 pm

Re: WIPs/unfinished tunes for feedback * no finished tunes *

Post by Swaggr » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:40 pm

@Cheeky would be nice to have some more sounds going on in there, but pretty cool wobble nonetheless :D
@NG_GAMMA chill, pretty cool, have to say i like it so far :)

heres one of my oold tracks, i just got around to mastering it a bit, as you all know its hard to get feedback on the main forum here, so ill take any tips for tweaking it around etc
Soundcloud
-----
Soundcloud
Soundcloud
nom sayn?

Burgeamon
Posts: 145
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:08 am

Re: WIPs/unfinished tunes for feedback * no finished tunes *

Post by Burgeamon » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:34 pm

Here's an update on my WIP posted from last night.. this time a full length track with some compression and other bits for width purposes.

Would love some feedback, I'm actually DJing with Professor Green in a few days so would love to give him a copy, even if its not perfect.

Soundcloud

User avatar
Rachmæn
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:33 pm

Re: WIPs/unfinished tunes for feedback * no finished tunes *

Post by Rachmæn » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:59 am

I'm positive I've given feedbacks to a couple of tunes around here 'bout half a year ago.
And I don't have the time or place to listen to these now.
So here y'all go, a very basic tune scratched together yesterday.

http://soundcloud.com/rachmaen/the-mysterious-stranger

Far from complete

Burgeamon
Posts: 145
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:08 am

Re: WIPs/unfinished tunes for feedback * no finished tunes *

Post by Burgeamon » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:11 am

Rachmæn wrote:I'm positive I've given feedbacks to a couple of tunes around here 'bout half a year ago.
And I don't have the time or place to listen to these now.
So here y'all go, a very basic tune scratched together yesterday.

http://soundcloud.com/rachmaen/the-mysterious-stranger

Far from complete
NO DEAL SIR!

My feedback.. leave some new feedback ;)

I feel bad about not leaving any new feedback since yesterday and uploading a new WIP... (this will change once I'm near some speakers)

User avatar
Rachmæn
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:33 pm

Re: WIPs/unfinished tunes for feedback * no finished tunes *

Post by Rachmæn » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:33 am

Burgeamon wrote:
Rachmæn wrote:I'm positive I've given feedbacks to a couple of tunes around here 'bout half a year ago.
And I don't have the time or place to listen to these now.
So here y'all go, a very basic tune scratched together yesterday.

http://soundcloud.com/rachmaen/the-mysterious-stranger

Far from complete
NO DEAL SIR!

My feedback.. leave some new feedback ;)

I feel bad about not leaving any new feedback since yesterday and uploading a new WIP... (this will change once I'm near some speakers)
I would love to, but blasting massive amounts of bass in my history teachers face isn't very appropraite at the very moment. Though I'd love to
I won't sit and halfarsed listen to some tunes if I'm giving feedback, that takes real listening :4: As I'm back into producing you'll see me around here a lot, so the feedbacks will flow.

User avatar
DJ Sampletank
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Re: WIPs/unfinished tunes for feedback * no finished tunes *

Post by DJ Sampletank » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:40 am

NG GAMMA: Enjoyed that track, though it felt a little repetitive. I really love the middle eastern vibe, with the percussion. After you do a little work on those synths and finished it, I'm sure it'll be bangin.

Swaggr: Nice one man, some real nice melodies in there, same goes for instrumentation. I love how the beat changes from 2step to the more dancy beat, and that part I love, it's very reminiscant of Daft Punk(always good). As for the track, a little refinement and distortion in the right places(bass, drums) could give this track a boost.

Burgeamon: Yeah man I like that, little different from the remixes of that I've heared before. Really enjoyed the amen at the end.

Yeah, so here is my track, feel free to comment here, or on soundcloud if it is easier for you.
Thanks guys.

Soundcloud

freakquency
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:31 pm

Re: WIPs/unfinished tunes for feedback * no finished tunes *

Post by freakquency » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:55 pm

@DJ Sampletank - sweet track. i feel it could be the soundtrack to a zombie movie or something - which is a compliment dont worry
maybe a change in the lfo rate of the bitcrushed vowel synth would sound even better and more interesting

@Burgeamon - nice track overall. the mixing of it could be better though. i think the drums are a bit drowned out at the drop.
and the high pitched noise on every 3rd beat should either be left out or made more prominent.

@Swaggr - remastered tune - i dont know if its an improvement of the original version as i havent heard it, but its definately good.
i think at the drop it would sound better if the sub only played at the same time as the growling synth. would have more of an impact.
- haunted harmonics - im liking the feel of the piece, but i think it could evolve a bit more. maybe some simple filter effects would make it more interesting.

@Cheeky - nice chilled tune. good switch of the main synth sound.
does get a little repetitive though - maybe add in some other fx sounds or atmospheres.

@GSM0 - props to you if its your fist tune. sounds good and even the mix is pretty clear - well done man

@NG_GAMMA - very very nice intro and wicked tune overall. not much criticism i can give it haha.
i love the chilled, deep bass dubstep and thats exactly what it is.
maybe make the kick a little deeper though

@bRRRz - awesome track man. everything fits together very nicely indeed.

@Globalz - mental track. loving the drop a lot more than the intro.
not a great fan of that organ sound tbh

@Sleezy - nice production. everything in the track is clear.
could chuck in another synth at the 1st drop like the 2nd to make it more interesting

and cheers for the feedback for the track i posted - ive tried to incorporate everything you lot said and ive uploaded the new one for some more feedback if anyone gets a chance:
Soundcloud

some feedback to the guys who gave me some:

@amphibian - loving that intro - where'd you get that sample from? (if ya dont mind me asking)
and wicked tune altogether - love this style of dubstep
nothing much to criticise on. everything fits together nicely

@Baas DNB - i dont really like the snare sound in your track. needs to have more presence
and i think theres a little too much pitch sliding going on. i loved it when it dropped, but it got a bit too much after a while

@tripwire22 - very nice and chilled tune man
the bongos that come in are wicked
maybe switch up the original drum beat?

@Danimal - quality samples mate, and nice tune
only thing id say is that the very short key change near the end of the track could be used more, maybe earlier in the song?

@stranger_sounds - sweet percussion going on and great track
perhaps not as much sliding of the sub would sound better though. more constant notes would be better

Burgeamon
Posts: 145
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:08 am

Re: WIPs/unfinished tunes for feedback * no finished tunes *

Post by Burgeamon » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:18 pm

@freakquency

Really love the vibe of the track. When it kicks in I feel it lacks just a touch at the high end. The second drop is a little better in that sense. Thought the build at the beginning was superb though.

With my track, you say the drums are a little drowned out.. what would you suggest i do? Side chain the bass to the kick? EQ a notch out of the bass/sub for where the kick / snare primarily land?

@DJ Sampletank - Thats got some serious mood to it. Really like the movement on the high pitched sound.

freakquency
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:31 pm

Re: WIPs/unfinished tunes for feedback * no finished tunes *

Post by freakquency » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:09 pm

Burgeamon wrote:@freakquency

Really love the vibe of the track. When it kicks in I feel it lacks just a touch at the high end. The second drop is a little better in that sense. Thought the build at the beginning was superb though.

With my track, you say the drums are a little drowned out.. what would you suggest i do? Side chain the bass to the kick? EQ a notch out of the bass/sub for where the kick / snare primarily land?

@DJ Sampletank - Thats got some serious mood to it. Really like the movement on the high pitched sound.
haha its funny you say that because i was actually told to make my hi-end (hats etc.) a little quieter before i changed it. but thanks ill bear that in mind

yeah what i generally do is roll off all the top end of the sub anyway. boost anywhere in the 70 - 90hz range for the kick (where it sounds best) and roll off the bottom end below that. do the same for the snare but boost in the 100 - 120hz range instead. you have to make space for each element of your track.

and i think that the general volume of the synths at the drop is a higher than the drums'. you can either just compress each section of the drums and put a fair amount of make up gain to make them as loud as the synths, or you simply have to make sure from when you start creating a track that you have loads of headroom when you start mixing. i.e: whenever i start a new piece, i turn every fader down to at least -6 or more, depending on what it is, so when i get to the end of the track, i can make sure everything can be boosted to reach the right volume

xjb
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:37 pm

Re: WIPs/unfinished tunes for feedback * no finished tunes *

Post by xjb » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:28 pm

yo yo. im new to this making tunes buisness but ive been playing around with various programs for the last 6 months and decided to put something together. i think its a bit ambitious for a first tune but im quite pleased witht the melodies and levels of things, even though its one massive experiment for me atm....

http://soundcloud.com/xjb/fightbox

feedback to follow........

jake

xjb
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:37 pm

Re: WIPs/unfinished tunes for feedback * no finished tunes *

Post by xjb » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:40 pm

sampletank: like it although i just feel it needs something a bit extra in it to move it along a bit.

burgeamon: like sampletank i also enjoyed the amen at the end. good shit

swagger: sounds wicked. enjoyable listen and keeps flowing nicely and i like the second drop.

keep up the good work everyone

jake

Tiger Blood
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:10 pm

Re: WIPs/unfinished tunes for feedback * no finished tunes *

Post by Tiger Blood » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:17 pm

Hey guys

Im working on learning to EQ at the moment, hows this?

Soundcloud

I know it has 'bro' noises but im just learning with the most extreme synth noises. Theres 3 synths for the rawr! part.

Cheers for any feedback as its sounds good to me but dont have a brilliant ear for this.

User avatar
amphibian
Posts: 1421
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:52 am
Contact:

Re: WIPs/unfinished tunes for feedback * no finished tunes *

Post by amphibian » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:50 pm

@freakquency - first and foremost dude (and to everyone reading this) - that's how you bloody leave feedback! Need more people like you on this forum dude :)

Intro is from the original flute sample (there's about 3-4 parts to it that I was provided). The original sample, I have no idea where it's from. hehe.

Okay, onto yours :)

Bass is really muddy - make a dip around the 500hz mark by at least 3db. Secondly, there's way too much stereo output going on. I'd make that first bass sound of every bar mono, then maybe that little whomp, give that a stereo image. There also appears to be a little masking with the kick/bass and the snare. aka, clashing frequencies. Take frequencies out of the bass where the kick/snare is hitting and boost inbetween. Switchup is rather nice, and the pads fit well. If anything I'd say the bass is a tad loud also, by about 1-2db.
Latest Track
Digital Pilgrimz - Shogun (pHybian remix) - FORTHCOMING FUTURE FOLLOWERS
Soundcloud

Deep. Dark.

-AudioSoma-
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:38 pm

Re: WIPs/unfinished tunes for feedback * no finished tunes *

Post by -AudioSoma- » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:33 pm

@tiger blood, the snare needs to have a lot more snap to it and the sub bass kind of overpowers the rest of the track

@freakquency official, lovin the deep deep darkness in this track. would be an excellent track to drop on halloween, seems like everyone is going for that spooky sound right now. i like how the second drop changes the... i dunno how to say it but i guess id say texture of the track.

@DJ Sampletank, it sounds like an adventure through a sonic jungle of bass. its very experimental and epic

here's a glitch hop track that im working on:

Soundcloud

freakquency
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:31 pm

Re: WIPs/unfinished tunes for feedback * no finished tunes *

Post by freakquency » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:27 am

amphibian wrote:@freakquency - first and foremost dude (and to everyone reading this) - that's how you bloody leave feedback! Need more people like you on this forum dude :)

Intro is from the original flute sample (there's about 3-4 parts to it that I was provided). The original sample, I have no idea where it's from. hehe.

Okay, onto yours :)

Bass is really muddy - make a dip around the 500hz mark by at least 3db. Secondly, there's way too much stereo output going on. I'd make that first bass sound of every bar mono, then maybe that little whomp, give that a stereo image. There also appears to be a little masking with the kick/bass and the snare. aka, clashing frequencies. Take frequencies out of the bass where the kick/snare is hitting and boost inbetween. Switchup is rather nice, and the pads fit well. If anything I'd say the bass is a tad loud also, by about 1-2db.
haha thanks man. i try

right ive attempted what you said, and a little more. tell me what you think if you get a chance. cheers for the feedback

Soundcloud

@-AudioSoma- - nice idea man. if youre really going for glitch hop though, make it more glitchy! i.e: switch up the drums. sample your own synth and mess around with it. make a cool rhythm using the samples and put drums underneath it. then it would be banging

User avatar
amphibian
Posts: 1421
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:52 am
Contact:

Re: WIPs/unfinished tunes for feedback * no finished tunes *

Post by amphibian » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:28 am

@freakquency - sounding a LOT better, but still needs some work. That mono'd bass at the start now really gives the track some focus, whereas before it was just awash with stereo image. Good improvement. Keep at it though, there is still a little eq needed to make the elements to keep to themselves. Also, could just be my headphones but that ride sounds slightly off-key. Again, not 100% sure, as not on studio monitors atm. Keep at it dude :)
Latest Track
Digital Pilgrimz - Shogun (pHybian remix) - FORTHCOMING FUTURE FOLLOWERS
Soundcloud

Deep. Dark.

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests