ni masive keeps crashing

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum
Sub Shifter

ni masive keeps crashing

Post by Sub Shifter » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:26 pm

is this happening to any1 else its happend to me on both my machines
any1 no of a fix :cry:

ludofuzz

Post by ludofuzz » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:18 pm

massive may be too massive for your machine.....bounce and use as an audio clip or sort your channel and 'freeze' it

Sub Shifter

Post by Sub Shifter » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:33 pm

nah its not ive got a 3.8ghz amd with 2gb ddr2 ram.
wot happens is every now and then not when the cpu is maxed it will crash and shut down wot ever sequencer im using. :evil:

jahtao

Post by jahtao » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:02 pm

Crack yeah? I'd guess its a bug. They've probably fixed it in a software update that people that have paid for it have access to

Sub Shifter

Post by Sub Shifter » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:33 pm

:D
Last edited by Sub Shifter on Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jahtao

Post by jahtao » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:44 am

Or work out exactly what it is that is making it crash. If you can make it crash on purpose your on to something. The reality is that, sadly, those that have paid for it ofetn have to put with the same shit.

Sub Shifter

Post by Sub Shifter » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:53 am

fingers crossed i think ive sorted it, ive just installed the dxi on its own and not the vst or standalone and its stopped crashing
8)

ludofuzz

Post by ludofuzz » Sat May 12, 2007 7:56 pm

SHIT!!...... for ages ive been using my massive with no problems whatsoever. I dont know why but during the past few days mine makes logic shut down!!!!

W.T..F?!

Only on a certain project at no specific point either.---cant even bounce down/freeze and use as audio track either....keeps crashing. Had to restart logic about 20 times then gave up.

Simalar problem?..i'll have to investigate....... curses!

Sub Shifter

Post by Sub Shifter » Sat May 12, 2007 8:43 pm

:lol:
Last edited by Sub Shifter on Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ludofuzz

Post by ludofuzz » Mon May 14, 2007 6:18 pm

:o

roderick

Post by roderick » Sat May 26, 2007 9:31 pm

any fix yet? same thing happened to me after i installed the Pro Application Support 4 update from Apple. Never had any problem with Massive before.

doomstribe

Post by doomstribe » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:47 am

DAMN! thats crazy.

I used to have the same exact problem with massive. what i think it is, is that it has some bugs as a DXI instrument in most (well allot) of DAW softwares. when i had it set as DXI it crashed constantly, i switched it to be used as VST and it hasnt crashed since.

this may not be the exact problem your having but, it was a big problem with me i remmeber.

good luck man hope you get it fixed, cause massive is sick!

jolly wailer

Post by jolly wailer » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:58 am

buy the program --- that should clear up your problems :wink:
myxylpyx wrote:dam bro dats sick... off to the garden to eat some worms now.

thesynthesist

Post by thesynthesist » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:14 am

jahtao wrote:Or work out exactly what it is that is making it crash. If you can make it crash on purpose your on to something. The reality is that, sadly, those that have paid for it ofetn have to put with the same shit.
Not true. Massive is extremely stable.

Disco Nutter

Post by Disco Nutter » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:17 pm

Just had the same problem - MASSIVE crashing (when applying LFO, didn't test other features).

The trick is to delete the user database file @

E:\Documents and Settings\******\Local Settings\Application Data\Native Instruments\Massive\

And that fixes it. Hope this helps people with the same problem.

PS Sorry to bring up this old dusty thread but... meeh...

Disco Nutter & Roka - Only Things (Bonkerz Audio)
Free download from here!

Soundcloud

jblake

Post by jblake » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:00 pm

I used to use the cracked version of Massive, and I got the same thing.
When assigning an lfo it would very often crash, I would sometimes get the "Multithreading" error message and logic would crash, and entire songs would fail to load if they had instances of Massive in them. I would delete the "nativeinstrumentsmassive.plist" file, etc. and this would solve the problems for long enough for me to remove instances of massive from those song files, but thats about it. The problem would inevitably come back.

Notice, the cracked version of Absynth crashes when you click to the edit panels. See the link?

I worked it out eventually, it seems to be in-built anti-piracy bugs which prevent you from working effectively when you've got a cracked version. This was confirmed on the Absynth NI forum when loads of users were reporting the same problems, and they got their forum accounts banned with the message "It's anti piracy, go and buy it" from a moderator. All the people who owned it were claiming they'd never had the same problem.

I recently came to this conclusion: "fuck it I use this shit every day, I can't work like this any more". I ordered the synth bundle, and since installing it I havent crashed once (compared to the 5 times a session previously). I've had no problems with multithreading, no problems with lfo assignment, and no bugs.

As much as I love the idea of cracked software (for many reasons, some selfish and some not), sometimes you've gotta pay for quality, and NI have everyone over a barrel, which is quite reasonable really cause it's the best software you can get.

thesynthesist

Post by thesynthesist » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:18 pm

I love when crack users refer to businesses screwing them by not providing crashless cracks. How exactly do they have you "over a barrel"?

I mean, its a small company, making products that are hard to match without lots of hardware... Do you expect them to give away code that has been developed over years to be crash proof?

Just remember, NIN and Radiohead are using this stuff on stage every night. If you take into consideration that the biggest artists are using the same software as you could, for only a few hundred dollars, its a small cost. Imagine if violinists had the convenience of a $300 strad...

jblake

Post by jblake » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:25 am

thesynthesist wrote:I love when crack users refer to businesses screwing them by not providing crashless cracks. How exactly do they have you "over a barrel"?

I mean, its a small company, making products that are hard to match without lots of hardware... Do you expect them to give away code that has been developed over years to be crash proof?
To define the idiom "over a barrell": to put someone in a situation in which they have no choice over what to do.
You're misinterpreting my comment as a negative one aimed at NI and such companies, which it isn't. I think cracks serve their purpose as a sort of "try before you buy" kinda thing, as I know NI wouldn't have my 200 quid had I not tried it extensively first. I don't believe they're screwing anybody by releasing great software and wanting people to pay for it, I'm merely stating that you either buy it or get fucked by crashes, and hopefully my post should alert any crack users here that their problems with Massive and other NI products won't end until they buy the software.

Cheers.