[E-MU0202 FL Studio 9] DAW or E-MU problem?

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum
invictus

[E-MU0202 FL Studio 9] DAW or E-MU problem?

Post by invictus » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:18 am

Hey

It sometimes happens that when I work in FL Studio, I get a lil freeze, and after that the FL Studio's signal gets distorted..I mean you can play sounds and all, but they are all distorted. I have to quit FL Studio and turn it on back again. Does anyone have/had the same problem? My audio interface is E-MU 0202 which I have to replace with a better one since I can't turn on 2 audio programs at once (eg FL and Winamp)..
and sometimes only FL Studio works, when I quit it and want to listen to something on youtube, I get no sound, I usually have to relog the system ._.
Wanna talk about music, production etc?
Hit me at

Mindforce

Re: [E-MU0202 FL Studio 9] DAW or E-MU problem?

Post by Mindforce » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:49 am

Hey dude I have FL Studio 10 so it might not be the same. But I'll see if I can help.

I'm not too sure what you mean by distorted, but If it's a crackly sound that you get, then it's probably because the buffer length of your sound driver is set too low. I use the ASIO4ALL sound driver which comes with FL Studio and is needed to record audio input. I don't know anything about E-MU 0202 but if you use the ASIO4ALL one FL Studio recommends having the buffer length at a minimum of 400 samples.

Higher buffer length gives a clearer sound (because it gives the computer more time to process it) but creates noticeable lag in the audio. While lower buffer length reduces lag, but can cause underruns/crackly sound.

So try playing around with the buffer length in your audio driver/interface settings (start from higher up) and see if that reduces the "distortion".

It may be nothing to do with that at all, but it's possible that it is. Anyway I hope it helps ;)

invictus

Post by invictus » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:35 am

No no, I meant that I have buffer size set at 10-20ms and everything is perfectly fine, I don't have lags, and no crackly sound but sometimes there's this moment when distortion 'kicks in' right after a tiny freeze.. by distortion I mean like if you put overdrive effect on master.
Wanna talk about music, production etc?
Hit me at

Mindforce

Post by Mindforce » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:57 am

Ok yeah I don't know dude. If no one else on here can help you, you should try the image-line forums. That's what the support section is there for I guess.