Special Announcement: We have migrated to a new forum platform community.dsf.ninja. The old forum is locked, but it will remain open for reading. Read more.

i need monitors but witch ones

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum

Postby dubsteppa » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:41 am

thanks 4 your help every 1 im gonna have to wait a while to get them now as i ended up smoking most of the budget lol
dubsteppa
Permanent Vacation

Postby näjt » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:04 pm

haha I know that situation all too well.

The best thing to do when choosing monitors is to see if you can try them out. A lot of the bigger music technology retailers have sets of speakers set up to give demo's to potential customers. Take some tunes that you know inside out and listen out for some speakers that really bring the music to life, the more detailed the sound, the more detail and control you'll have over your mixes when you make tunes.

I'm using fostex PM1 mkII 's, great value and nice accurate bass sound in my opinion.
näjt

Postby ras keita » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:27 am

ras keita

Postby future one » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:10 am

creepz wrote:warfdale diamond's active monitors pretty cheap and reputable make they been makin serious speakers for yrs

deffo need a sub with monitors tho i picked up a gale sub from richersounds
cheap as chips

I have a 8.2a Diamiond Pro actives with a monitor sub. They are absolutely wicked speakers.
future one

Postby tenbucc2 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:55 pm

i got the 2020's, they're not bad. you could go old school ns10's for a probable deal somewhere... that's what the super groovy producers all used last decade. Mackie 824's are pretty phenomenal. Someone suggested the genelecs... those are hardcore. if you can swing it, i would second that suggestion.
tenbucc2

This forum is locked. Continue the discussion by creating a new topic on The New Dubstep Forum.
Previous

Return to Production, Hardware & Technical