HELP...Samples, Patches ect..

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum
joshwhitedj

HELP...Samples, Patches ect..

Post by joshwhitedj » Sun May 27, 2012 3:39 pm

Hey, im new here but im wonderin if anyone can help. Recently my computer that i used to produce packed in and me being me, not backing anythin up, i lost absolutly everything. I produce Dubstep mainly but drum n bass too sometimes. I use Reason 5. So my question is.. Has anyone got any combinator dubstep bass/lead patches and some drum hits they wouldnt mind sharing? Just got a new computer and feel lost without everything that i used to have!
To give you an idea of what would be helpfull, ile list some artists that inspire me...
Skrillex
Datsik
Knife Party
Doctor P
Delta Heavy
Bogore
Nero
DJ Sly
TC

Even piano patches like DJ Fresh - Hot Right Now..

Really any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks (:

ehbes

Re: HELP...Samples, Patches ect..

Post by ehbes » Sun May 27, 2012 4:25 pm

You can't remake your patches?
Paypal me $2 for a .wav of Midnight
https://soundcloud.com/artend
Dead Rats wrote:Mate, these chaps are lads.

wub

Post by wub » Sun May 27, 2012 5:38 pm

ehbrums1 wrote:You can't remake your patches?
Or use Google?

No offence, but this smacks a bit of laziness...you presumably had samples and patches before...can you not just follow the same process for acquiring them again this time (i.e. programming, searching for sample packs on Google etc)

Failing that, use the Search function on here...there are literally hundreds of free sample/patch threads.

topmo3

Post by topmo3 » Sun May 27, 2012 5:52 pm

isn't reason about having it's own vsts and own samples anyway?

wub

Post by wub » Sun May 27, 2012 5:55 pm

topmo3 wrote:isn't reason about having it's own vsts and own samples anyway?

Even their stock VSTs I imagine you can import patches to...though never used it so can't say for sure.

ehbes

Post by ehbes » Sun May 27, 2012 5:56 pm

Yup you can make combinator patches or synth/effects patches

joshwhitedj

Post by joshwhitedj » Mon May 28, 2012 1:03 pm

You could never make a credible dubstep song using only the standerd reason samples witohut tweakin. Yes maybe i do seem abit lazy but you gotta understand i spent years making samples and music just to loose everything. Im not just on about samples and patches. Im on about every song ive ever worked on, every vocal ive ever chopped, melody ive ever written. I understand im askin a favour, and if i could sit there and re create every patch ive ever made i would but to be fully honest, i cant. Im no sound engineer, no musical genius. I work as Skrillex used to work, no midi keyboard, one speaker, and jus turn nobs on plug ins til it sounds right... Its all trial and error.. So yeh, making one credible sound would take me a long time. If anyone lived local and had all this knowledge id be happy to get on a comp with em and learn somethin but thats highly unprobable, so askin for patches is my only choice really! So if anyone can help, yeh ile appreciate it.

Aphile

Post by Aphile » Mon May 28, 2012 1:48 pm

joshwhitedj wrote:You could never make a credible dubstep song using only the standerd reason samples witohut tweakin. Yes maybe i do seem abit lazy but you gotta understand i spent years making samples and music just to loose everything. Im not just on about samples and patches. Im on about every song ive ever worked on, every vocal ive ever chopped, melody ive ever written. I understand im askin a favour, and if i could sit there and re create every patch ive ever made i would but to be fully honest, i cant. Im no sound engineer, no musical genius. I work as Skrillex used to work, no midi keyboard, one speaker, and jus turn nobs on plug ins til it sounds right... Its all trial and error.. So yeh, making one credible sound would take me a long time. If anyone lived local and had all this knowledge id be happy to get on a comp with em and learn somethin but thats highly unprobable, so askin for patches is my only choice really! So if anyone can help, yeh ile appreciate it.
Lazy. Nobody is going to gift you their music. Never. If they see you have advanced in a way that could potentially be mutually benefiting to you and them; you might get some collab/instruction/idea bouncing. Please go back to turning your knobs with one speaker

joshwhitedj

Post by joshwhitedj » Mon May 28, 2012 2:50 pm

Im not askin for their music im askin for a couple of snare hits a couple of drum hits and maybe a few bass/synth/lead patches, just to get me going again. Im not here to argue with people. Maybe a collab would be interesting.. Okay, ile get on it myself. And ile come back with something, then maybe someone will want to work with me. Thanks anyway

wub

Post by wub » Mon May 28, 2012 2:54 pm

joshwhitedj wrote:Im not askin for their music im askin for a couple of snare hits a couple of drum hits and maybe a few bass/synth/lead patches, just to get me going again. Im not here to argue with people. Maybe a collab would be interesting.. Okay, ile get on it myself. And ile come back with something, then maybe someone will want to work with me. Thanks anyway

Where did you get your samples/patches from last time round?

joegrizzly

Post by joegrizzly » Mon May 28, 2012 3:22 pm

Sounds to me like a bad thing happened. you lost all your shit.. What are you doing here looking for patches when most people here dont even want to know how to make those sounds lol.. It seems to me like you gotta get busy building your work up again, rather than asking for freebies here, homie

joshwhitedj

Post by joshwhitedj » Mon May 28, 2012 4:02 pm

Well i used to live up Birmingham and i had mates up there who Dj'd and MC'd and produced so i made alot myself, had help with alot, and had some given to me. But since i moved down Kent i dont really know anyone. Well not anyone who does anything to do with music anyway. An im findin it hard since my computer broke yano. Like i said i know i might be takin the piss by askin but its still worth a try ay it.

bassbum

Post by bassbum » Mon May 28, 2012 4:58 pm

You could use other peoples patches and be stuck looking for new patches all the time to make a new track, with out using the same sounds over and over agen.

Or

You could spend the time learning how to program a synth and have endless new sounds.

It dosnt take a genesis to work out the best uses of your time.

I started making crap drums, basse sounds, pads and leads but after a year or so they where pretty good. Look in the production bible, It has everything you need to know in it.

ehbes

Post by ehbes » Mon May 28, 2012 5:28 pm

bassbum wrote:You could use other peoples patches and be stuck looking for new patches all the time to make a new track, with out using the same sounds over and over agen.

Or

You could spend the time learning how to program a synth and have endless new sounds.

I started making crap drums, basse sounds, pads and leads but after a year or so they where pretty good. Look in the production bible, It has everything you need to know in it.
Genius*

wormcode

Post by wormcode » Mon May 28, 2012 6:07 pm

joshwhitedj wrote: To give you an idea of what would be helpfull, ile list some artists that inspire me...
Skrillex
Datsik
Knife Party
Doctor P
Delta Heavy
Bogore
Nero
DJ Sly
TC
For this stuff, you could just buy a few patch libraries for whatever synths, and samples. So many people sell these guys' exact replicated sounds. Check out Xenos Soundworks, High Rankin, BHK. Those 3 alone have enough of this to fuel 10 more years of brostep.

bassbum

Post by bassbum » Mon May 28, 2012 6:11 pm

ehbrums1 wrote:
bassbum wrote:You could use other peoples patches and be stuck looking for new patches all the time to make a new track, with out using the same sounds over and over agen.

Or

Genius*
lol. Of all the words to spell wrong.

Thats what happens when you spell check fast.

ZankUSA

Post by ZankUSA » Mon May 28, 2012 7:05 pm

lol
Soundcloud
Producing Dubstep/D&B since late February!
Check me out and give me feedback and help me improve!

joshwhitedj

Post by joshwhitedj » Tue May 29, 2012 4:28 pm

Yeh i have just spent the last day making some sounds. Would be kool to have some replicas of Skrillex sounds or Doctor P tho, so imma check out them sample packs. One more question, ive been using Reason for like 2 years so i know how it works but, can you really get the best sounds out of it or should i be looking to invest in another software?

ehbes

Post by ehbes » Tue May 29, 2012 6:41 pm

no reason is just as good as any other daw at making any sound

Here's a
Doctor P tutorial
Skrillex tutorial
and an
Excision tutorial

that should get you started.
how could you not have just youtube searched for these, it took like 30 seconds to find

TheWallOfSacrifice

Post by TheWallOfSacrifice » Tue May 29, 2012 6:47 pm

man that plastic ni massive bro sound has numbered days by now
what about tryng to make something new, so then maybe other wannabe producers will ask us how to make those sick joshwhitedj sounds
?
think about it :P