Maschine Edu License

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum
Locked
capo ultra
Posts: 3539
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:42 am
Location: Bangkok

Maschine Edu License

Post by capo ultra » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:41 pm

I'm trying to sell my Maschine to a friend. The problem is you supposedly can only license maschine to one computer and that's it.

Anyone know any way around this? i mean what if my computer broke down and I had to swap to a different computer?
what is of value and wisdom for one man seems nonsense to another.

Attila
Posts: 619
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:16 am

Re: Maschine Edu License

Post by Attila » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:05 pm

capo ultra wrote:I'm trying to sell my Maschine to a friend. The problem is you supposedly can only license maschine to one computer and that's it.

Anyone know any way around this? i mean what if my computer broke down and I had to swap to a different computer?
The only way around it that I could think of would be to give him your NI login info, but then he'd have access to all your shit.

User avatar
nowaysj
Posts: 23281
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:11 am
Location: Mountain Fortress

Re: Maschine Edu License

Post by nowaysj » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:55 am

What, you can't sell Maschine? Probably mean at a time? And even that isn't true. I installed maschine on my main production pc, and on my travel laptop.

I've also sold NI software, on a couple of occasions, and it couldn't have been easier.
Join Me
DiegoSapiens wrote:oh fucking hell now i see how on point was nowaysj
Soundcloud

Attila
Posts: 619
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:16 am

Re: Maschine Edu License

Post by Attila » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:14 am

Yeah but the educational versions arent transferable.

User avatar
nowaysj
Posts: 23281
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:11 am
Location: Mountain Fortress

Re: Maschine Edu License

Post by nowaysj » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:20 am

Just saw that in the email thread name. My bad.
Join Me
DiegoSapiens wrote:oh fucking hell now i see how on point was nowaysj
Soundcloud

User avatar
nowaysj
Posts: 23281
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:11 am
Location: Mountain Fortress

Re: Maschine Edu License

Post by nowaysj » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:27 am

You know, I was just looking at some software the otherday, and the edu license was transferable, so long as the transferee was also a student or teacher.
Join Me
DiegoSapiens wrote:oh fucking hell now i see how on point was nowaysj
Soundcloud

capo ultra
Posts: 3539
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:42 am
Location: Bangkok

Re: Maschine Edu License

Post by capo ultra » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:04 am

nowaysj wrote:You know, I was just looking at some software the otherday, and the edu license was transferable, so long as the transferee was also a student or teacher.
yea I did that when I sold Ableton but it seems NI are pretty watertight on this
Attila wrote:
capo ultra wrote:I'm trying to sell my Maschine to a friend. The problem is you supposedly can only license maschine to one computer and that's it.

Anyone know any way around this? i mean what if my computer broke down and I had to swap to a different computer?
The only way around it that I could think of would be to give him your NI login info, but then he'd have access to all your shit.
I just did this.
what is of value and wisdom for one man seems nonsense to another.

User avatar
FSTZ
Posts: 7706
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:07 am
Location: Cookingham
Contact:

Re: Maschine Edu License

Post by FSTZ » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:14 pm

I sold my final scratch and it was easy to transfer the license back in the day

I just purchased my friends Traktor and the license transfer is now a process that seems to take forever..

he just authorized it in his name, on my comp. pain in the ass when it comes time to update / upgrade, etc...

User avatar
Smiles
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:43 am
Location: Colorado

Re: Maschine Edu License

Post by Smiles » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:34 pm

I'm pretty sure you can transfer it but it can't be running on both computers at the same time. So you can give it to him but you can't open it up on your computer while he's working.
Fbac wrote:
crunkedxup wrote:age doesn't matter
Thats what i said!! her Father and the police didnt agree tho....

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 7 guests