Sigh...

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum
OfficialDAPT

Re: Sigh...

Post by OfficialDAPT » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:42 pm

Usually people who post this get ripped down with alpacas and negative photos... What a pleasant surprise.
7 year old BROstep/Trapstep/Chillstep producer from India. Young. Talented. 7 Years Old. Super skilled for age. Signed to NOW22. Biography written in 3rd person on soundcloud OBVI. The next Skrillex. Wait I don't even like him anymore LOL. Super talented. Only 6 years old.

Hircine

Post by Hircine » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:59 pm

S: I’ve got my mum and dad on my back. I’ve been making music for four years but they say ‘where’s it going?’ Fair enough you do magazine photoshoots but where’s the money? I say I’ve got this and that coming out, but it’s not enough to live on. It’s a struggle. I’ve hardly earned anything in the years I’ve been doing it.
back in 2005
DSF's foreign exchange student
Forthcoming Bassweight Recordings:
Soundcloud
Facebook
phaeleh wrote:
bassbum wrote:The pheleleh tune I have never heard before and I did like it but its very simple and I could quickly recreate it.
Yeah I wanna hear it too :P

legend4ry

Post by legend4ry » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:41 pm

Sharmaji wrote:i always think back to Martin's interview w/ Skream when this topic comes up. he must've been 20 at the time:

http://blackdownsoundboy.blogspot.com/2 ... chive.html

I remember reading this when it came out but reading it back down is just incredible.
Soulstep wrote: My point is i just wanna hear more vibes
Soundcloud

dublerium

Post by dublerium » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:12 am

legend4ry wrote:
Sharmaji wrote:i always think back to Martin's interview w/ Skream when this topic comes up. he must've been 20 at the time:

http://blackdownsoundboy.blogspot.com/2 ... chive.html

I remember reading this when it came out but reading it back down is just incredible.
Cheers for linking this, best interview i've read in ages I never see this one and I have always used blackdowns blogged. That is madness.

twilitez

Post by twilitez » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:19 am

If you run out of ideas completely theres a couple things you can do:

-Take the best elements of your project and copy them forward in your arrangement, then make some minor variations, see if it gives any inspiration.
-Grab a synth or intstrument with a randomize button, and click the magic until a great sound pops up, and start using it.
-Radically change the tempo of your project, it might improve.
-Stop building a song and just make samples for an hour. Put some weird voice sample into a granulator and put that into a mad Fx chain, resample that etc etc.
-Stop for a while, watch a good movie, then come back.

You get my drift i guess..

blinx

Post by blinx » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:38 pm

as cliche as this will sound:

There are two types of ppl in this world, those that will DO and those that just talk about Doing. Sounds like you are doing a lot of talking/dreaming about this instead of taking any action towards realising these dreams and making it your reality.

The difference between you and the 24/7 music heads, are that they are making the effort to live, breathe and poop music. You dont have to force yourself to work all day but its just a mindset man. Your either a producer thats progressing to something more or your just another random person talking shiz on the internet wishing and dreaming while not actually taking actions.

of course just my worthless opinoin lol who cares what i think.
MasterBlinX - Durbin Master
Soundcloud

OfficialDAPT

Post by OfficialDAPT » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:22 pm

blinx wrote:of course just my worthless opinoin lol who cares what i think.
Thats not how you end advice if you want people to listen to it.
7 year old BROstep/Trapstep/Chillstep producer from India. Young. Talented. 7 Years Old. Super skilled for age. Signed to NOW22. Biography written in 3rd person on soundcloud OBVI. The next Skrillex. Wait I don't even like him anymore LOL. Super talented. Only 6 years old.

hasezwei

Post by hasezwei » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:14 pm

some of the best producers out there only go to the studio every couple of months for a week and thats it.
some even say its btter cause you can spend the non-studio time living life to the fullest and immersing yourself in inspiration and then when you finally hit the studio your head is filled to the brim with ideas

but thats just one of the many many ways to approach making music.
i noticed that hte more i learned about production the less creative i got, which sucks cause i used to have tons of ideas without knowing how to make them happen. now i have the skills but lack the ideas. its all about walking that fine line between both extremes, and i dont think producing all day every day is the right approach.

baseband

Post by baseband » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:06 pm

crumple puppetry and multivitamins

JBE

Post by JBE » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:30 am

hasezwei wrote:some of the best producers out there only go to the studio every couple of months for a week and thats it.
some even say its btter cause you can spend the non-studio time living life to the fullest and immersing yourself in inspiration and then when you finally hit the studio your head is filled to the brim with ideas

but thats just one of the many many ways to approach making music.
i noticed that hte more i learned about production the less creative i got, which sucks cause i used to have tons of ideas without knowing how to make them happen. now i have the skills but lack the ideas. its all about walking that fine line between both extremes, and i dont think producing all day every day is the right approach.
I had the same issue. The more I learned the less time I spent actually making music. After awhile I started to realize that it's not that I got less creative, I just started understanding my limits. I don't have to open my DAW anymore to know whether or not I can make an idea in my head work.

narcissus

Post by narcissus » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:31 am

music is a representation of an individual's spiritual journey. nothing more, nothing less. in other words you've got to learn to accept where you're at and keep with the forward motion.