Cyber Monday?

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum
fragments

Re: Cyber Monday?

Post by fragments » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:46 am

Depone wrote: Do you tend to put it at the beginning or end of your fx chains? The waves one suggests either/or but vcc demos only have it first in the chain
I've only tried it at the beginning as they suggested so far...but I was going to try it the other way...as that kinda made more sense...doesn't it? I've not every used an analog console so I don't really know. But I may take an old project and switch things up. It's partly that I setup a template with VCC first in the chain : )
+3 wrote: VTM is what sold me on the rest of their stuff. That thing is a beautiful piece of equipment. It works & sounds as great as it looks.

I’ve been mixing with the VCC demo too, and I can’t imagine not ever using it again.
I really, really want VTM. I have Kramer Master Tape and like it pretty well, but like it better on individual tracks or like on a drum bus than on the master. Kramer Tape is much better at being an "obvious" saturation plug in than a nice analog-ish glue.
SunkLo wrote: If ragging on the 'shortcut to the top' mentality makes me a hater then shower me in haterade.

sketchyderek

Post by sketchyderek » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:54 am

Stale Digital's stuff is on sale now.

Depone

Post by Depone » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:01 pm

Vcc for $99? Sold!

fragments

Post by fragments » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:56 am

Depone wrote:Vcc for $99? Sold!
Nice! I'm pissed I can't afford VTM ...even on sale... :/ shitty thing is I get paid at the end of the month...hope they have another holiday sale.
SunkLo wrote: If ragging on the 'shortcut to the top' mentality makes me a hater then shower me in haterade.

sketchyderek

Post by sketchyderek » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:13 am

Picked up VCC/VTM for $200, but don't have an iLok yet. :(

fragments

Post by fragments » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:33 am

^trust me...it was worth it even if you don't yet have the iLok...you won't be disappointed in VCC. The Brit N desk (I think that's the Neve emu) is fucking lush : ) The RC Tube one is a beauty for gritty drums.

Get into the Calibration Levels to make it easier to push the signal into the red on the channel strips and master. Don't worry, the VCC subtle, which is great because you can push things pretty hard. Really great plug in...all kinds of possibilities

nowaysj

Post by nowaysj » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:45 am

+3 wrote:
fragments wrote:Just picked up VCC from Slate not long ago. Love it : ) It's pretty subtle, but adds "that something" that is noticeably gone when you by-pass it. I picked it up for 200USD and have been mixing every project with it. A really nice glue. Not heavy on CPU. Wish I had the money to pick up their tape emu if they indeed offer 60 off
VTM is what sold me on the rest of their stuff. That thing is a beautiful piece of equipment. It works & sounds as great as it looks.

I’ve been mixing with the VCC demo too, and I can’t imagine not ever using it again.
Have you worked with any other tape emu's?

How would you charecterize vtm's sound, I ask cause I respect your judgement.
Join Me
DiegoSapiens wrote:oh fucking hell now i see how on point was nowaysj
Soundcloud

sketchyderek

Post by sketchyderek » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:40 pm

The "special deal" on the iLok2 is only $5 less than buying it in the local store, after shipping costs.