Ableton : slicing presets + saving samples

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum
neonmansion

Ableton : slicing presets + saving samples

Post by neonmansion » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:33 pm

This is a two-part question. MY first problem is that I want to save my own slicing presets but I don't seem to have the proper folder. I looked up how to create you're own slicing presets and it says you need to create you're drumrack the way you like it and save it in the defaults folder in live library. However I didn't install the live library so my folder is not there. But its using the "default built-in" preset. So there much be some way to make it use my own.

My second question is how can I simply drag samples i've created to my sample collection in live. Say i simply resample a synth note. And I just want to drag it to a folder of samples i have. I can't do it. When i drag it into my folder it creates a whole session. Do i have to bounce it?

ARTFX

Re: Ableton : slicing presets + saving samples

Post by ARTFX » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:04 pm

Question 1: Install the library then place in the right folder.
Question 2: solo the track, export?
CLICK ME!

Soundcloud

neonmansion

Post by neonmansion » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:13 pm

i don't wish to install the entire library. Is there a reason why I should have to? Clearly ableton is looking somewhere to use the builtin preset. So i just need to put MY preset there. I just can't seem to find that location

sketchyderek

Post by sketchyderek » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:35 pm

So let me get this straight, you can't save your own patches because you didn't instal their presets? That seems really fishy.

And for the second part, you're just going to have to bounce (as far as I'm aware). No big deal there, you can even normalize.

neonmansion

Post by neonmansion » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:59 pm

the second part is cool.

but everyone has to save there own presets as far as slicing. Its a common thing to do. I just don't have the library installed. But it seems to me that if everytime i slice it brings up its own preset then that preset exists in some folder and i should be able to add my own. Do you know where that folder lives?

neonmansion

Post by neonmansion » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:50 am

actually would bouncing out parts bounce the sample out with you're master channels effects.. plus parallel compression or bus reverb.. stuff like that?

I would want to change that depending on the track ya know?

Mr 50

Post by Mr 50 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:31 pm

If you have FX on the master then this will be bounced, you'd need to solo the send channel as well if you want these FX to be on the bounce.

cheers
Juicy EP out on Adapted Records ;)

Soundcloud

neonmansion

Post by neonmansion » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:05 pm

no what i'm saying is i don't want my master channel plugins. Like i may have an instance of ozone doing some maximizing, stereo spreading etc...

when you bounce it bounces from the master, no? So i don't want to bounce something with the ozone on it just to put that sample in a new session which will have ozone on the master.. so its getting "mastered" twice!