waves 80% off bundle? worth it?

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum
sloth

waves 80% off bundle? worth it?

Post by sloth » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:09 pm

http://www.waves.com/content.aspx?id=262#
so this bundle is originally $300, but now its reduced to $100. comes with...

TrueVerb
L1 Untramaximizer
Q10 Equalizer
C1 parametric Compander
IR-L Convolution Reverb
SuperTap
Doubler
DeEsser
S1 Stereo Imager
Renaissance Axx.

Cant decide if i should get it. i currently have Ozone/alloy for my mixing/mastering needs but some of these plugins look sick and i like the fact that i can use one plug in for specific needs, appose to opening Ozone/Alloy just to do one function (i like the maxamizer/reverb and stereo imager). plus, seems like it will free up CPU.

what does everyone think.

fragments

Re: waves 80% off bundle? worth it?

Post by fragments » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:36 pm

If I hadn't been an asshat and blown a bunch of money on expensive booze lately I'd be picking that up just for the hell of it.
SunkLo wrote: If ragging on the 'shortcut to the top' mentality makes me a hater then shower me in haterade.

mthrfnk

Post by mthrfnk » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:08 pm

I like waves stuff but that pack seems to be filled with stuff you might not use and misses some of their other better stuff (e.g. it has the L1 not the L2). Good price though - the other deals they have atm are also good.
My newest music:
Soundcloud
Soundcloud

Depone

Post by Depone » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:34 pm

Yeah I'd say its worth it for the EQ, the reverb and the stereo imager alone!

sketchyderek

Post by sketchyderek » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:49 pm

I've done the "try before you buy" kinda thing with a lot of the waves plugins, and lots I didn't really think were worth the price tag. I grabbed Audiotrack which I think was good for the price (from audiomidi.com for $15). I have Ozone, so I can't really justify a lot of the things waves has on sale, or don't know if it would make that much of an improvement to grab L1 or the likes.

..it's that price though X(

Today

Post by Today » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:59 pm

ok, for $100, the IR-L convolution verb, Renaissance Axxe, EQ, L1 and the doubler is totally fucking worth it

IR-L is an awesome impulse response verb, the doubler is a nice chorus and the axxe is a great kind of "upward" compressor, the only control is threshold, which you pull down as it squashes more. behaves kinda like a maximizer. (also has an output gain control)

honestly that IR-L alone is almost worth it. with all the extras in the pack i think this is an easy call... buy it!
dubstep Soundcloud

rock
Soundcloud

OfficialDAPT

Post by OfficialDAPT » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:02 am

Don't be fooled, it's only 67% off.
7 year old BROstep/Trapstep/Chillstep producer from India. Young. Talented. 7 Years Old. Super skilled for age. Signed to NOW22. Biography written in 3rd person on soundcloud OBVI. The next Skrillex. Wait I don't even like him anymore LOL. Super talented. Only 6 years old.

bassinine

Post by bassinine » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:57 pm

OfficialDAPT wrote:Don't be fooled, it's only 67% off.

maths?!?! what is this....