The production joke forum?

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum
sketchyderek

The production joke forum?

Post by sketchyderek » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:50 am

Is it just me, or are about half of the posts lately just people trying to be whitty or sarcastic? I mean, this forum used to be my go to for production information/advice, but now everyone is just trying to get peer recognition through useless jokes, and there's not a lot of substance anymore.

C'mon guys.

NinjaEdit

Re: The production joke forum?

Post by NinjaEdit » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:59 am

There's even more substance, if you use the search function.

RmoniK

Post by RmoniK » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:58 am

it's been like that since when i first joined here, about 3 years ago. Useless trolls and elitist expressing their opinions nobody asked for. Luckily there's still people giving solid advice.

VirtualMark

Post by VirtualMark » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:00 am

I think the problem is that people continually post the same old questions that have been answered hundreds of times. So naturally, people who usually give out good advice start to get tired of saying the same thing over and over, and just have a laugh instead.

As jonahmann said - use the search function! How many more threads are we going to see where somebody asks about Massives sound getting quieter, as they haven't even learnt about basic ADSR. Or perhaps the question of which synth is best? Which DAW is best for making Dubstep?

I think it was only a few days ago that someone posted a Kontakt question and stated that they don't like reading manuals - did they expect someone else to read it for them? I don't particularly enjoy reading a manual either, i do it because i want to know how the product works.

This being said - a forum should be a place where people can ask a range of questions, that's what it's here for surely? But it would just be a bit nicer if they would read the manuals first, or watch some videos on the basics, or read the production bible etc.

wub

Post by wub » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:43 am

Amen to all of this ^

RmoniK

Post by RmoniK » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:18 pm

VirtualMark wrote:I think the problem is that people continually post the same old questions that have been answered hundreds of times. So naturally, people who usually give out good advice start to get tired of saying the same thing over and over, and just have a laugh instead.

As jonahmann said - use the search function! How many more threads are we going to see where somebody asks about Massives sound getting quieter, as they haven't even learnt about basic ADSR. Or perhaps the question of which synth is best? Which DAW is best for making Dubstep?

I think it was only a few days ago that someone posted a Kontakt question and stated that they don't like reading manuals - did they expect someone else to read it for them? I don't particularly enjoy reading a manual either, i do it because i want to know how the product works.

This being said - a forum should be a place where people can ask a range of questions, that's what it's here for surely? But it would just be a bit nicer if they would read the manuals first, or watch some videos on the basics, or read the production bible etc.
it's come to a point where there's more of these questions answered with a useless troll comment than actually answered questions, which is getting pretty damn annoying if you're using the search function.

Hircine

Post by Hircine » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:35 pm

RmoniK wrote:
VirtualMark wrote:I think the problem is that people continually post the same old questions that have been answered hundreds of times. So naturally, people who usually give out good advice start to get tired of saying the same thing over and over, and just have a laugh instead.

it's come to a point where there's more of these questions answered with a useless troll comment than actually answered questions, which is getting pretty damn annoying if you're using the search function.
this place is not a daycare bruv
DSF's foreign exchange student
Forthcoming Bassweight Recordings:
Soundcloud
Facebook
phaeleh wrote:
bassbum wrote:The pheleleh tune I have never heard before and I did like it but its very simple and I could quickly recreate it.
Yeah I wanna hear it too :P

mks

Post by mks » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:51 pm

There has been an alpaca sighting recently in these parts which is refreshing since I thought that all of the herds that used to roam this region had migrated.
Last edited by mks on Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChadDub

Post by ChadDub » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:08 pm

This

bRRRz

Post by bRRRz » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:46 am

if you look in the right threads this forum is just absolutely awesome. i came here not knowing how to use an eq and learned so much since then!
new melodic bassy track:
Soundcloud

AxeD

Post by AxeD » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:55 am

Honestly this was never a place to get actual info on production from for me.
Quite a bit is actually not accurate at all.

On the whole the forum is still great anyway.
Agent 47 wrote:Next time I can think of something, I will.

ill mindset

Post by ill mindset » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:53 am

Agree with all of it. I'm guilty of being sarcastic but I try to help whenever possible.

I read the manual for Camel Phat and I am about finished with the FM8. I started reading Massive last week. Most plug-in manuals are only 30-80 pages. Some is refresher info but I have discovered functions and terminology I never would learn just watching videos.

SMOR3S

Post by SMOR3S » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:06 am

AxeD wrote:Honestly this was never a place to get actual info on production from for me.
Quite a bit is actually not accurate at all.

On the whole the forum is still great anyway.
The forum is okay, I like it here, but there are just some people that take everything as a joke...

Gravehill

Post by Gravehill » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:02 am

The people on this forum dont work for you. Go buy some university textbooks

Brothulhu

Post by Brothulhu » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:11 am

Completely offtopic but I love your name, Gravehill. I'm off to turn the O into an A on my street sign
Soundcloud
Comfi wrote:I have done nothing more than made shitty dungeon and for that I apologise.

Gravehill

Post by Gravehill » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:12 am

Brothulhu wrote:Completely offtopic but I love your name, Gravehill. I'm off to turn the O into an A on my street sign
haha thanks :)

hutyluty

Post by hutyluty » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:52 am

if u want to learn something use google.

If u want top quality banter* then come production forum.

*Banter is actually low to poor quality
[+] Spoiler
Phigure wrote:nothing was ever good

hutyluty

Post by hutyluty » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:12 pm

Actually, the more time's gone on the more ive realised that the whole learning production thing isnt the reason i posted here in the first place. The whole snide laughing at stupid people was great- as were the massive pointless arguments- and the tune battles always provided entertainment, which is far more valuable to a comunity than learning how to use an eq.

By modding the forum so much: deleting all the wtf posts and stupid arguments, the soul has kind of left the place- now we're just left with people helping each other all the time and the 'jokes' have been reduced to moronic 16 year olds posting stupid memes all the time.
Last edited by hutyluty on Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[+] Spoiler
Phigure wrote:nothing was ever good

Lichee

Post by Lichee » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:14 pm

sketchyderek wrote:Is it just me, or are about half of the posts lately just people trying to be whitty or sarcastic? I mean, this forum used to be my go to for production information/advice, but now everyone is just trying to get peer recognition through useless jokes, and there's not a lot of substance anymore.

C'mon guys.
it's been like this since I joined, there are a few bandwagons on DSF, the main one being guys who probably spend too much time on this forum telling rubbish jokes to each other and generally ass licking whilst pointing fingers at all the other bandwagons.

But, every question has been asked/answered 1000 times over or is easily found on google and when you see someone join up asking a really obvious question they could find in 5 seconds on the internet, the temptation to take the p is there.

VirtualMark

Post by VirtualMark » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:32 am

So, can anyone here tell me how to make the wobbles?