Adventure Club

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum
sigmund floyd

Adventure Club

Post by sigmund floyd » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:48 am

is this really what dub step is coming to? obviously they have a lot of money backing them up and are on top of controlling their internet presence but.....fuck......their popularity is aggravating

sigmund floyd

Re: Adventure Club

Post by sigmund floyd » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:50 am

ps i know production is not the best section for this post but i know a lot of you are with me on this

titchbit

Post by titchbit » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:50 am

I'm with you on dis m8

sigmund floyd

Post by sigmund floyd » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:56 am

if you read this and do like them. Please enlighten me and tell me why...

wolf89

Post by wolf89 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:02 am

Who?
http://twitter.com/Wolfthedj
sofa_king wrote:wolf89 has a massive cock.

fragments

Post by fragments » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:26 am

wolf89 wrote:Who?
Yea. I have no idea to be completely honest. That said, I won't be looking it up to enlighten myself. :lol:
SunkLo wrote: If ragging on the 'shortcut to the top' mentality makes me a hater then shower me in haterade.

Add9

Post by Add9 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:07 am

They have a unique sound... and I didn't think they were that popular in the first place. I always hate when people say "is this what [insert genre] is coming to," as if a few artists are ruining an entire genre by creating something that's a little bit different.
WolfCryOfficial wrote:Have fun on your musical campaign to hell.

sigmund floyd

Post by sigmund floyd » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:28 am

their popularity is crazy for the quality of their music......its not bad per say, but they shouldn't have any more recognition than half the people on here.....theres also a bunch of "dub step" facebook pages where they are the only artists displayed..."dubstep montreal" for example

and i wouldn't say they are unique by any stretch.....more like (skrillex + more emo)/10

also, their online marketing tactics remind me of dubturbo's :a:
Last edited by sigmund floyd on Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wub

Post by wub » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:57 am

wolf89 wrote:Who?

Hircine

Post by Hircine » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:01 am

DSF's foreign exchange student
Forthcoming Bassweight Recordings:
Soundcloud
Facebook
phaeleh wrote:
bassbum wrote:The pheleleh tune I have never heard before and I did like it but its very simple and I could quickly recreate it.
Yeah I wanna hear it too :P

wub

Post by wub » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:05 am

So brostep/complextro that's slightly melodic? Fair enough, if that's what the kids want.

That song reminds me of that Weetabix Dubstep advert;

GuerrillaWarfare

Post by GuerrillaWarfare » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:21 pm

wub wrote:So brostep/complextro that's slightly melodic? Fair enough, if that's what the kids want.
I'm not a fan of them myself, but that pretty much explains why they're so popular I guess, it's all about what's big and their sound happens to be it aha

GenericNameHere

Post by GenericNameHere » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:36 pm

Never heard of them; please don't tell me they're the guys in dubunked's linked video. If so, and assuming you aren't greatly exaggerating their popularity, KILL ME NOW, GOD.

If they're the guys in Hircine's linked video, they're not bad, but also not brosteppy enough for my tastes. I want insane, moshpitty type music like Destroid type shite.

titchbit

Post by titchbit » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:53 pm

GenericNameHere wrote:Never heard of them; please don't tell me they're the guys in dubunked's linked video. If so, and assuming you aren't greatly exaggerating their popularity, KILL ME NOW, GOD.

If they're the guys in Hircine's linked video, they're not bad, but also not brosteppy enough for my tastes. I want insane, moshpitty type music like Destroid type shite.
are you fucken serious m8. i was linking that video to bring some good music to a thread about the bro-est of the bro. you're talking about skream here m8. not cool.

jaydot

Post by jaydot » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:55 pm

I hate the term complextro.
Soundcloud

Soundcloud

tweet @jaydotdubstep

fragments

Post by fragments » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:02 pm

I know reese basses and a lot common dance sounds/leads/FX all kinda sound the same, but I swear to christ that yoi/growl sound in that tune Hircine posted is the exact same fucking one in every dubstep song like this.

Take an old school MetalHeads reese and then something from Spor...different....this...not so much.

...meh...maybe I'm just hearing variation in the stuff I like because I like it...if this is what the kiddies want to do drugs and dance I don't fucking care, I'll be on my porch with a beer, spliff and my headphones...
SunkLo wrote: If ragging on the 'shortcut to the top' mentality makes me a hater then shower me in haterade.

bkwsk

Post by bkwsk » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:19 pm

fragments wrote:if this is what the kiddies want to do drugs and dance I don't fucking care, I'll be on my porch with a beer, spliff and my headphones...
chuuuuuch

Augment

Post by Augment » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:34 pm

I like some of their tunes
aka blinkesko
Soundcloud
Jesus Loves Electro - Burning Love (Augment remix)

Spotify: http://spoti.fi/1m5GUjL
iTunes: http://bit.ly/1iHWose

fragments

Post by fragments » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:01 pm

bkwsk wrote:
fragments wrote:if this is what the kiddies want to do drugs and dance I don't fucking care, I'll be on my porch with a beer, spliff and my headphones...
chuuuuuch
But you see, I'm so lame/out of the culture loop I had to look that shit up on urban dictionary. :t:

Dustwyrm

Post by Dustwyrm » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:27 pm

Rather have Adventure club than

︻╦╤─ Dus†wyrm ─╤╦︻

Soundcloud

"The wobble is there more as a reminder that we are still in Dubstep territory, but right now we are chilling... " - Emm