Adventure Club

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum
dotcurrency

Re: Adventure Club

Post by dotcurrency » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:13 am

Add9 wrote:I love that this bashing adventure club thread has turned into a bash krewella thread. I didn't realize that people had such vitriol against these brostep people, lol.
I could careless about adventure club, it's just krewella I have thing against haha. I probably wouldn't have even posted until the person posted a picture of them. Also it's kind of ironic because both groups of artist are actually very close friends; One member is dating the other.
'ave a listen
Soundcloud
Kit Fysto wrote:How many different words can you place before the word "step" and have that be a genre that people take seriously. Fuck it, I'm starting Christstep, all Christian, all the time.

PillowFight

Post by PillowFight » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:25 am

Dustwyrm wrote:Rather have Adventure club than

QFT
John_Dope wrote:If you don't ask questions you don't learn.
Cubicle wrote:What the fuck is chillstep
http://www.soundcloud.com/kbonabian

dotcurrency

Post by dotcurrency » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:01 am

:)
:?
:o
'ave a listen
Soundcloud
Kit Fysto wrote:How many different words can you place before the word "step" and have that be a genre that people take seriously. Fuck it, I'm starting Christstep, all Christian, all the time.

Toolman4

Post by Toolman4 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:43 am

I know I'm committing forum suicide here, but I like Adventure Club and Krewella. I'm well aware that their sound design is widely recycled, if not sampled, and generally not very 'well done', so to speak. I'm well aware of both groups 'mass appeal' but that's not why I MYSELF like them. I like them because of their arrangement skills (or lack there of I guess for most of you) and I like 'maximal' music.

Ya know, screw it. I'll gladly represent the masses b/c at this point, based on how many damn times this ridiculous topic comes up, I just don't care. This isn't a direct antagonistic reply to those who don't agree with me. I've made several other posts in regards to this, and I don't get much back. Either way, I'm just a fan of music and I like what I like. You all do too. Being humble is a much more attractive quality than being judgmental. jussayin bro :P

Anyways, my introduction to music started with alternative rock n roll (Thanks mom and dad) and then grew into more aggressive styles of rock. Metallica, priest, kreator, tool, in flames, lamb of god, slayer, etc ...Heavy shit but not too much of that crazy hardcore speed/black/death metal...It's a bit too chaotic for me, though there were a few black dahlia murder songs I liked...anyways, that all carried me to college. Then came the days of limewire, frostwire, campus networks, torrents, etc...BAM I'm introduced to EDM but the 'genre' that I MOST identified with was Trance/Prog House. Why? I really am not sure, but I ALWAYS loved my metal ballads. Something about melodic-aggression that gets me. Then naturally from there, I started hearing more aggressive types of edm and eventually found Datsik, Excision, Rusko, calyx & Teebee, Noisia etc...

it's just honest truth of how I came to like that type of music. I still recognize stuff dillinjah was a big influence to the likes of skream and benga who get credited mostly for pushing the sound of 'dubstep' and that midnight request line is a quintessential track in the world of dubstep. I still don't care for it too much. I'm sorry I'm not sorry.

You know what I DO like though and damn cannot stop listening to it:

I could listen to a several hour long set with that type of music.

hutyluty

Post by hutyluty » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:06 pm

nah i'm with you bro. Adventure club all the way

what happened to helicopter brodown that was my jam.
[+] Spoiler
Phigure wrote:nothing was ever good

hutyluty

Post by hutyluty » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:11 pm

but seriously, i get liking this stuff 2 years ago but surely everyone's kind of got over it by now. I mean, idk it felt like everyone in the entire world discovered dubstep (ie. Skrillex) by 2011 and should be ready to move past songs which sound exactly the same as 1000 other tunes..

in other words- how is brostep still remotely alive?
[+] Spoiler

hutyluty

Post by hutyluty » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:17 pm

sigmund floyd wrote:[img]/Users/Patrick/Desktop/305832_288916784460521_1104973633_n.jpg[/img]
also hahaha

wow, this thread is great
[+] Spoiler

mthrfnk

Post by mthrfnk » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:30 pm

hutyluty wrote:but seriously, i get liking this stuff 2 years ago but surely everyone's kind of got over it by now. I mean, idk it felt like everyone in the entire world discovered dubstep (ie. Skrillex) by 2011 and should be ready to move past songs which sound exactly the same as 1000 other tunes..

Exactly this I stopped listening to, liking and making a lot of bro stuff like a year ago. Shits gotta be pretty good or different to impress me now. Especially in terms of labels like Monstercat - all their artists do different styles and genres but overall a lot of them have the same bro vibe, same as Krewella and AC.
My newest music:
Soundcloud
Soundcloud

Augment

Post by Augment » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:33 pm

hutyluty wrote: and should be ready to move past songs which sound exactly the same as 1000 other tunes..
I feel like you could bash so many genres with this argument alone, f ex the 'old-school' dubstep. I still like it tho
aka blinkesko
Soundcloud
Jesus Loves Electro - Burning Love (Augment remix)

Spotify: http://spoti.fi/1m5GUjL
iTunes: http://bit.ly/1iHWose

hutyluty

Post by hutyluty » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:10 pm

Well that's the thing, "old school dubstep" (by which i assume you mean pre-bro) didn't all sound the same, which was what made it such an interesting genre and scene. Sure it was based on something- sub and (nominally) 140 bpm, but people made of that what they would.

Just going off of Dubstep Warz in 2006 you had dub influenced stuff from digital mystikz, what was essentially dark 140 garage from Skream and Benga, dread halfstep from Loefah, Breakstep from Vex'd and more techy proto-dugeony stuff (lol) from Distance. And that's without mentioning Toasty, Pinch, 2562, Anti social and countless others all doing their own thing, not just trying to copy an established sound.

So no, you can't really bash it with the same argument.
[+] Spoiler

titchbit

Post by titchbit » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:31 pm

Toolman4 wrote:I know I'm committing forum suicide here
lol :Q:
Toolman4 wrote:it's just honest truth of how I came to like that type of music. I still recognize stuff dillinjah was a big influence to the likes of skream and benga who get credited mostly for pushing the sound of 'dubstep' and that midnight request line is a quintessential track in the world of dubstep. I still don't care for it too much. I'm sorry I'm not sorry.

You know what I DO like though and damn cannot stop listening to it:

I could listen to a several hour long set with that type of music.
you realize though that video is precisely skream and benga, right...?
hutyluty wrote:Well that's the thing, "old school dubstep" (by which i assume you mean pre-bro) didn't all sound the same, which was what made it such an interesting genre and scene. Sure it was based on something- sub and (nominally) 140 bpm, but people made of that what they would.

Just going off of Dubstep Warz in 2006 you had dub influenced stuff from digital mystikz, what was essentially dark 140 garage from Skream and Benga, dread halfstep from Loefah, Breakstep from Vex'd and more techy proto-dugeony stuff (lol) from Distance. And that's without mentioning Toasty, Pinch, 2562, Anti social and countless others all doing their own thing, not just trying to copy an established sound.

So no, you can't really bash it with the same argument.
yeah, this is all "old school dubstep", and none of them sound the same:

Last edited by titchbit on Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fragments

Post by fragments » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:33 pm

hutyluty wrote:but seriously, i get liking this stuff 2 years ago but surely everyone's kind of got over it by now. I mean, idk it felt like everyone in the entire world discovered dubstep (ie. Skrillex) by 2011 and should be ready to move past songs which sound exactly the same as 1000 other tunes..

I hope you aren't in marketing, man. Never underestimate the masses ability to choke down yet another mediocre product that promises instant gratification, no thought required, and no spiritual or practical return on the consumer's investment. :lol:
SunkLo wrote: If ragging on the 'shortcut to the top' mentality makes me a hater then shower me in haterade.

Add9

Post by Add9 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:42 pm

Wow... just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean it's completely devoid of any value. I've never listened to a "brostep" track because I wanted to not have to think about the music, and I never listened to a track that you guys would call "real dubstep" because I was seeking some kind of super deep or spiritual awakening. I listen to both for the same reason, because the track causes a certain emotion when I listen to it. Sure, the brostep thing is kind of overdone I suppose, but personally I think the trance-influenced brostep can be pretty good and to dismiss the entire genre is kind of silly.
WolfCryOfficial wrote:Have fun on your musical campaign to hell.

Toolman4

Post by Toolman4 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:18 pm

@ Dubunked: Yes, I do realize that, that's why I posted that particular song. Artwork is also the 3rd member.

@Huty: To be fair, I think I am getting 'over' that sound. I know it's been done in the world of EDM for far too long now (yes, I agree with that OPINION). For myself, I'm kinda plateauing on EDM right now...probably due to over saturation. I'll use Jon Gooch as an example: Spor-Next level shit for quite some time in the DnB scene. Can't get enough. Pushed sound quite a bit. Then the Feed Me side project just blows up in everyone's face, including his own. IMHO, Escape from Electric Mountain was next level shit when considering sound design/arrangement skills in the current scene of dubstep/electro house. Hell, he was pushing the 'complextro' style of arrangement around the time wolfgang gartner and others were coming up. Now we get shit like Ziggurat and little cat steps?...Dare I say the great and powerful Jon Gooch became less inspired? I don't know man, but what I DO know is that ever since EDM BLEW THE FUCK UP in the last few years, a LOT of new shit has happened...Honestly it has, and it's happened so fucking fast thanks to access to information, that we don't even get to relax and enjoy it.

Whether it's "new" bpms, arrangement techniques, sound design, etc, I feel like we've been over-saturated with EDM and need to let it breathe. In the collaborators project for the new daft punk album, someone mentioned the 'comfort zone' that EDM has fallen into...Some kind of trance-y/melodic intro to a break which builds tension, then an intense drop. Copy and past for the next 32 bar section.

Guilty as charged, I know :/

bouncingfish

Post by bouncingfish » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:29 pm

Toolman4 wrote:@ Dubunked: Yes, I do realize that, that's why I posted that particular song. Artwork is also the 3rd member.

@Huty: To be fair, I think I am getting 'over' that sound. I know it's been done in the world of EDM for far too long now (yes, I agree with that OPINION). For myself, I'm kinda plateauing on EDM right now...probably due to over saturation. I'll use Jon Gooch as an example: Spor-Next level shit for quite some time in the DnB scene. Can't get enough. Pushed sound quite a bit. Then the Feed Me side project just blows up in everyone's face, including his own. IMHO, Escape from Electric Mountain was next level shit when considering sound design/arrangement skills in the current scene of dubstep/electro house. Hell, he was pushing the 'complextro' style of arrangement around the time wolfgang gartner and others were coming up. Now we get shit like Ziggurat and little cat steps?...Dare I say the great and powerful Jon Gooch became less inspired? I don't know man, but what I DO know is that ever since EDM BLEW THE FUCK UP in the last few years, a LOT of new shit has happened...Honestly it has, and it's happened so fucking fast thanks to access to information, that we don't even get to relax and enjoy it.

Whether it's "new" bpms, arrangement techniques, sound design, etc, I feel like we've been over-saturated with EDM and need to let it breathe. In the collaborators project for the new daft punk album, someone mentioned the 'comfort zone' that EDM has fallen into...Some kind of trance-y/melodic intro to a break which builds tension, then an intense drop. Copy and past for the next 32 bar section.

Guilty as charged, I know :/

True. :miyagi:
I need to stop changing my sig

Hey, finally got soundcloud
https://soundcloud.com/h-e-l-l-o
some guy from facebook wrote: -instead being would have said stop acting judgemental of others then yet on you mind is not yet acting judgemental

fragments

Post by fragments » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:26 pm

Toolman4 wrote: ever since EDM BLEW THE FUCK UP in the last few years, a LOT of new shit has happened.
This statement renders your opinion irrelevant. EDM "blew the fuck up" in the 90's. And honestly, not that much new as happened since then if we are being really honest. "brostep" never sounded that new to me and dubstep was cool for a minute because it wasn't over douched like DnB got.

:i:
SunkLo wrote: If ragging on the 'shortcut to the top' mentality makes me a hater then shower me in haterade.

CreamLord

Post by CreamLord » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:28 pm

Remember my mates hating on me when I said I'd never heard of adventure club then they decided to play some fox adventure club song to show me 'proper dubstep'
m8son wrote:yh a bit of extra knob fiddling is ok
Anal A$ap....Keep living dat #PLUR life....To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea.... Swag
Instagram Soundcloud

dotcurrency

Post by dotcurrency » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:29 pm

Toolman4 wrote:over douched like DnB got.
:i:
Really? not quite sure what you mean by this. Care to share your thoughts ? :dunce:

In my own thoughts I think that people aren't really hating "bro" people, but they're hating the fact that what these producers are putting out have completely taken out what made Dubstep...well, dubstep. I can only speak for myself, but I don't mind the "bro" sound at all, I find it unique depending on the song, but it's labeled as dubstep, when in truth, the elements that give dubstep it's character (besides half time 140 drums) are no where to be found.

To further express what I'm saying, someone without knowledge of the genres could name atleast 10 similarities between these two:

I don't think anyone without knowledge of the genres would be able to link this to the first video.

I like both the old and the new. When I first got into producing electronic music two years and a half ago, the new dubstep was what got me into it. My iTunes playlist is a mixed bag of electronic music, new dubstep included. Except Krewella, fuck that.
If someone who likes the "old real dubstep" as extremist call it were to search "DUBSTEP" on youtube, they would be very disappointed and upset.
Music has it's own culture, and dubstep has certainly lost it's roots, that's okay I guess, but those who loved it for it's roots, are very upset, and seek revenge. That's why the hate you see is so strong.

Also the word brostep is fucking stupid. Don't do it. :W:

I keep editing my post to add more of my thoughts to it hahah.
Last edited by dotcurrency on Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
'ave a listen
Soundcloud

Hircine

Post by Hircine » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:37 pm

the pitch correction in that krewella tune hurts my ears, also I don't like that girl commanding me to drink her vaginal fluids.
DSF's foreign exchange student
Forthcoming Bassweight Recordings:
Soundcloud
Facebook
phaeleh wrote:
bassbum wrote:The pheleleh tune I have never heard before and I did like it but its very simple and I could quickly recreate it.
Yeah I wanna hear it too :P

Dustwyrm

Post by Dustwyrm » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:10 pm

Just want to say I love this thread :U:
︻╦╤─ Dus†wyrm ─╤╦︻

Soundcloud

"The wobble is there more as a reminder that we are still in Dubstep territory, but right now we are chilling... " - Emm