producin on a friday night

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum
travis_baker

Re: producin on a friday night

Post by travis_baker » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:25 am

Brothulhu wrote:
Icetickle wrote:
hutyluty wrote:tbh i find it impossible to drink on my own.

maybe that means i dont actually like alcohol idk
Try vodka pineapple, you won't be able to resist it.
Mmm yes I love my pineapple juice to taste like it has hand sanitiser in it.

I think fair enough to you if you're having a couple of beers while producing, but if you're getting shit faced off vodka pineapples on your own then you should probably look up alcoholism
or what do people with good taste for beverages drink 8)

Mark-Creda

Post by Mark-Creda » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:31 pm

If you have a real passion for making music and you want to go somewhere with it you need to put the time in.
Sacrifices need to be made.

I stopped going out almost altogether and when I did go out it felt like more of a treat , and I enjoyed it more.
Plus producing while drunk is hard!.....9 times out of 10 I'll sit there and go "This sounds wicked!" and the next day is a facepalm moment

I did it last Saturday I woke up and though"What the hell was I thinking"

bouncingfish

Post by bouncingfish » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:31 pm

This thread makes me happy
I need to stop changing my sig

Hey, finally got soundcloud
https://soundcloud.com/h-e-l-l-o
some guy from facebook wrote: -instead being would have said stop acting judgemental of others then yet on you mind is not yet acting judgemental

Coolschmid

Post by Coolschmid » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:54 pm

but seriously, still go out sometimes. You probably won't get anywhere good if you just sit on your computer for hours on end (even if you are trying to produce music during that time). If you aren't getting anywhere, go and do something. Good music isn't a purely technical skill that you can force out, you need some inspiration. Inspiration doesn't mean what people think it does though, its not always something that you notice, its not something deliberate. Just go out and do whatever else it is that you like to do and sit down again at your computer afterwards. That is, of course, if you aren't having fun on your computer "getting nowhere". If you are having fun while doing it by all means keep doing it. But you made it seem like it wasn't a fun thing.

Hircine

Post by Hircine » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:53 am

thread of the year travis :lol:
DSF's foreign exchange student
Forthcoming Bassweight Recordings:
Soundcloud
Facebook
phaeleh wrote:
bassbum wrote:The pheleleh tune I have never heard before and I did like it but its very simple and I could quickly recreate it.
Yeah I wanna hear it too :P