slide in ableton

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum
theBanktella

slide in ableton

Post by theBanktella » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:08 am

Quick q guys how do I make a slide down effect note in ableton wit my sub? Kinda like I would do in fl studio wit the slide notes, kinda giving me that signature, boomy down sliding "ooooommmpphhh" sound like in a break before the drop part
Thanks in advance
Soundcloud

twitter= @thebanktella

titchbit

Re: slide in ableton

Post by titchbit » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:00 pm

not quite sure what you mean but it probably has more to do with your VST (portamento?) than your DAW.

Ongelegen

Post by Ongelegen » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:34 pm

Pitch bend

GregLongman

Post by GregLongman » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:01 pm

Do you mean a sub drop?

Set up a basic Sine wave sub in Massive, change pitch bend (down) to -12.00. Double click on the MIDI Clip and click the small E. click pitch bend and draw yourself a nice down shifting pitch envelope over however long you require the sub drop. You may have to start an octave above where your sub will usually play to be able to hear the entire sub drop. Don't forget the take the envelope from the note that's playing right down to the bottom of the clip so you are going a whole octave down.

Sorry if that's not very clear, I haven't got Ableton open at the moment.

zosomagik

Post by zosomagik » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:20 am

Depends if your using an external vst, or like operator or something?

theBanktella

Post by theBanktella » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:39 am

Shot daniellong ur way sounds like somethin I've seen on youtube gonna give that a shot when I get home, and I'll get back to ya
Soundcloud

twitter= @thebanktella

topmo3

Post by topmo3 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:44 pm

one way of doing it on operator is putting glide on and increasing the glide time to somewhere round 900 milliseconds to second or something

then remember to let the midi notes overlap if u want it to slide down for example draw a midi note then an overlapping one an octave lower you can hear it glides down and the length of the glide is determined by the glide time.

then there's the pitch envelope with which you can make an 808'ish sound which is prolly more what you're after