Are you happy with your music?

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum
jaydot

Are you happy with your music?

Post by jaydot » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:24 pm

After nearly 4 years I can say I am. Still need to learn some theory and mixdown and mastering techniques but they'll come in time. Now to get some decent DJ support and a signing. Joke. I don't really want that, if it comes it comes. All I know is I really enjoy making and listening to music right now.
Soundcloud

Soundcloud

tweet @jaydotdubstep

Mork-E

Re: Are you happy with your music?

Post by Mork-E » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:45 pm

I think everyone is happy with their music no matter how much talent you have. I remember my very first track who really sucked big time but I was goddamn proud of them. Couldn't stop listening to them and to this day I still play my newest tune like 50 times a day.

But my biggest happiness comes from a friend of mine who loves dubstep too. If he thinks its a tune my day is complete.

My point is, you should always be happy with your tunes. I treat them like they are my children and yes every now and then there comes out a retarded one but still I love it with all my heart :p
Dropping bass for fun!
Soundcloud

CreamLord

Post by CreamLord » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:53 pm

Mork-E wrote:My point is, you should always be happy with your tunes. I treat them like they are my children and yes every now and then there comes out a retarded one but still I love it with all my heart :p
:lol:
m8son wrote:yh a bit of extra knob fiddling is ok
Anal A$ap....Keep living dat #PLUR life....To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea.... Swag
Instagram Soundcloud

Crimsonghost

Post by Crimsonghost » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:12 am

If youre every happy with your tune it just means its not good enough.
This space for rent.

Soundcloud

Soundcloud

Clutchkick

Post by Clutchkick » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:22 am

To be honest? Very, very rarely. The tune in my sig for example.. The more I listen to it the worse it sounds but people seem to dig it so dunno.. I'm very critical of anything I do, though.
Soundcloud
New one

bennyfroobs

Post by bennyfroobs » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:23 am

all my children are retarded

i am not happy about this

gonna keep on knockin up birds until a good one comes out
TopManLurka wrote:FTR, requirements for being a 'head':

-you have to be youngsta
-you must have been in that infamous room of ten people.
-a DMZ release is preferable but not necessary.
-please note that being youngsta is mandatory.

Devilsindub

Post by Devilsindub » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:20 am

I myself, along with many other musicians have the musicians curse. Nothing is ever complete and everything sounds like shit. There is a point when making music that you have to just let it go. Otherwise you'll never release a song. With that being said I usually hate my track when I first make it, spend hours listening to it and adjusting, throw my hands up with a big fuck it, release it, and then totally ignore its existence. Funny thing though, when I go back to it months down the road I usually ponder why I was so hard on the song, and it often sounds decent. :)
Divisionary/creAtures

Soundcloud
Soundcloud

azuk

Post by azuk » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:25 am

When I think my music is shit, I compare it to skrallex and zomboy, and feel much better about myself.

Icetickle

Post by Icetickle » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:41 am

You know that you are really happy about it if you come back to it after few months and you still like it.
I know I was so happy about some tunes I made, but when I compare it to the thing I made like a week ago... sounds like complete crap.
Depth is a delusion, the deeper you look the less you see.

test_recordings

Post by test_recordings » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:35 pm

I need to get my monitors going, and get a synth that has 2oscillators that can do detuned sine waves before I'm going to be happy
Getzatrhythm

fiveone

Post by fiveone » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:01 pm

i could definitely say 3 years ago i wasn't happy with my sound and what i'd churn out, but music has definitely become more enjoyable to make and flows much more naturally. love it when you realise you're making progress.

everyone: go and find all your projects and open them up and listen one by one. isn't it a nice feeling? :4: :w:

Huts

Post by Huts » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:16 pm

Crimsonghost wrote:If youre every happy with your tune it just means its not good enough.
confused by this one
yung tiesto
Soundcloud

fragments

Post by fragments » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:37 pm

^Yea, that is a bit ridiculous to be honest. I think any artist needs to get to a place where they can be happy with a final product while recognizing where improvements could be made.

I enjoy all the tunes I make, because I'm in love with the process. I actually rarely listen to my tunes after I finish them.
SunkLo wrote: If ragging on the 'shortcut to the top' mentality makes me a hater then shower me in haterade.

Samuel_L_Damnson

Post by Samuel_L_Damnson » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:39 pm

Im happier with my tunes than ive ever been. not to say i cant improve, its just for once they seem to be listen able! lol
Soundcloud
Collaborative project with kai li:
http://soundcloud.com/genrli

Icetickle

Post by Icetickle » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:58 pm

Sinestepper wrote:Im happier with my tunes than ive ever been. not to say i cant improve, its just for once they seem to be listen able! lol
Same, when my friend told me "set it on youtube so I can listen to it".. I was even happier.
Depth is a delusion, the deeper you look the less you see.

titchbit

Post by titchbit » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:01 pm

Yes I'm pretty happy with them, because I make the kind of music that I love, so of course I'm going to like it. If other people enjoy it, then that's just a plus.

Gurnumsbug

Post by Gurnumsbug » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:19 am

hardly.. I feel like I can push myself harder.
But idk.. I can't tell the future. For now i'll continue to see what I can get away with.

Deakar

Post by Deakar » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:05 pm

Devilsindub wrote:I myself, along with many other musicians have the musicians curse. Nothing is ever complete and everything sounds like shit. There is a point when making music that you have to just let it go. Otherwise you'll never release a song. With that being said I usually hate my track when I first make it, spend hours listening to it and adjusting, throw my hands up with a big fuck it, release it, and then totally ignore its existence. Funny thing though, when I go back to it months down the road I usually ponder why I was so hard on the song, and it often sounds decent. :)
This. :4:

kaili

Post by kaili » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:46 pm

i think my sound design is pretty good and my percussion
but i know i can work on my mixdowns and stuff. i dont think ill be fully happy with it for a long while tho
Collab with GeNRL: http://www.soundcloud.com/genrli
140 related stuff:
https://soundcloud.com/kailimusic/
Soundcloud
Seriousub wrote:I do enjoy swinging my spine to the sound of a strong snare running around 140

fragments

Post by fragments » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:48 pm

I just want to point out there is a marked difference between being appropriately self critical of your work and you being happy with it or liking it. If you get down on yourself and feel like your tunes "suck" (even if they do), what good does that attitude do you?
SunkLo wrote: If ragging on the 'shortcut to the top' mentality makes me a hater then shower me in haterade.