Are you happy with your music?

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum
Soul_Of_Seun

Re: Are you happy with your music?

Post by Soul_Of_Seun » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:11 pm

I'm happy with my progress but my tunes are still need a great deal of work. When I started out, I was fucking terrible. That was back in November. I'm still only so-so. My tunes are getting more nuanced, I'm improving in sound design. I'm still getting the hang of mixing and having smooth transitions between sections.

I think I've made big leaps forward in just 9 months. But I don't fee like my progress has been linear which is frustrating. Some tunes of the later tunes made have worse mixdowns than earlier ones. Others have rough transitions. The tune I finished yesterday has rough transitions that even after about 6-8 hours I couldn't fix, while the tune I made before flows more smoothly.
Soundcloud

Mystical

Devilsindub

Post by Devilsindub » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:21 pm

I think most people have that problem. The musicians that tend to not have transitional issues and so on are usually studio musicians that extensively trained in music theory. But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
Divisionary/creAtures

Soundcloud
Soundcloud

ChadDub

Post by ChadDub » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:28 pm

I realized that if I actually try to make stuff sound good then I can do it, it's just that sometimes I don't feel like doing it.

rockonin

Post by rockonin » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:44 pm

As i have been only been making electronic music for less than two years, i'd say i'm happy with my music. Still have to loads to improve on though. Ongoing learning curve.
https://soundcloud.com/rockonin
ehbes wrote:I'll remember that when City wins the league :W:

SamakkaBeatKru

Post by SamakkaBeatKru » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:54 pm

It's the same with me. Most artists are the same. From what I know (think I know) the majority make hundreds of beats before they make one they are proud of or feel is smooth.

Keep going
Soundcloud

Twitter- @its_samakka

outbound

Post by outbound » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:08 am

Not yet, have releases lined up and get good feedback and stuff but I still don't feel I've found my identity yet. Once I've found music that's 'me' and is high quality that's when I know I'm on the right path :D
Soundcloud
Online Mastering//FAQ//Studio
Evolution Mastering (Analogue/Digital) : 1st track Free sample + 50% off.
What Is Mastering?
http://www.facebook.com/outbounduk

Devilsindub

Post by Devilsindub » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:41 pm

outbound wrote:Not yet, have releases lined up and get good feedback and stuff but I still don't feel I've found my identity yet. Once I've found music that's 'me' and is high quality that's when I know I'm on the right path :D
That's a very mature way to go about it. It seems like you have some good business sense :4:
Last edited by Devilsindub on Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Divisionary/creAtures

Soundcloud
Soundcloud

sidi

Post by sidi » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:50 pm

i really feel some of my tunes, but i also really hate some of my other ones.. i don't know.
i just like to make them and listen to them on my ipod when i'm outside : )

Earjax

Post by Earjax » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:27 pm

Sinestepper wrote:Im happier with my tunes than ive ever been. not to say i cant improve, its just for once they seem to be listen able! lol
This haha :) I'm at a point now where i get excited over most tunes i make, then dislike them the next morning, then start liking them again once i've worked on them a bit. I'm not really at a point where other people like my stuff though, which is cool, but i really wanna get better because its so satisfying when i get good feedback on tunes :)/any feedback at all haha
Footwork:
Soundcloud
Jakwob remix:
Soundcloud

eleKtris

Post by eleKtris » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:28 pm

Nope. If you care to have a listen to whatever is on the bottom of my posts right now, you'll see why.

Direflow

Post by Direflow » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:28 pm

i never feel completely happy about my music. once i think i've finished a track i always feel like there needs to be more to it, and i still don't think it's good after that. i think i just have an inferiority complex or something, but my tracks never sound that great to me.
kidshuffle wrote:Dmx invented dubstep iirc
Mixes and a few tunes here, check it out.
Soundcloud
^Donkey Kong Country 2 Enchanted Wood Remix