just a warning

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum
efence

just a warning

Post by efence » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:01 am

I've been doing a lot of reflecting tonight. most hear don't really know my history through EDM but i'll say since 1996 I've been a part of some EDM scene in some shape or form. I've have seen the rise and fall and re-rise of every genre some times several times. And the one thing I keep noticing is as genre get pushed to the extreme of their spectrum's eg: trance - uplifting anthems, hard house - grime, dubstep - brostep. There is a common denominator. All these genres lost their fun-funkyness before they died.
so all in all keep it funky, light hearted and fun

test_recordings

Re: just a warning

Post by test_recordings » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:57 pm

That's pretty cool since EDM was only just invented to market Skrilly
Getzatrhythm

JackSawyersMusic

Post by JackSawyersMusic » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:01 pm

test recordings wrote:That's pretty cool since EDM was only just invented to market Skrilly
I hope you're not being seriously as this is just a stupid observation.

ehbes

Post by ehbes » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:33 pm

grime was never fun and funky...
Paypal me $2 for a .wav of Midnight
https://soundcloud.com/artend
Dead Rats wrote:Mate, these chaps are lads.

erratech

Post by erratech » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:52 am

When it turns into an arms-race for impact that's the signal for me that it's getting to that stage of life.
I remember way back when with drum'n'bass arms race (the darker stuff they ended up trynna rebrand skullstep) someone sampled a phonecall to the police by a woman who literally got murdered while on the phone. It was such a disgusting way to trivialise someones life to make your music seem important - stealing someones last moments because your music cant make a statement itself...anyway thats a bit of a tangent - arms-race, never ends well :lol:
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget.

Dub_Fiend

Post by Dub_Fiend » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:03 pm

erratech wrote:When it turns into an arms-race for impact that's the signal for me that it's getting to that stage of life.
I remember way back when with drum'n'bass arms race (the darker stuff they ended up trynna rebrand skullstep) someone sampled a phonecall to the police by a woman who literally got murdered while on the phone. It was such a disgusting way to trivialise someones life to make your music seem important - stealing someones last moments because your music cant make a statement itself...anyway thats a bit of a tangent - arms-race, never ends well :lol:
Yeah, that's just disgusting. Wonder whether any of the money they made from that track went to the woman's family :roll:
cloak and dagger wrote:number of posts on dsf = directly proportional to importance in the dubstep scene
| Facebook Page | Twitter | Soundcloud |

New release! Check 'Murda' on Monkey Dub Recordings, available at most digital music outlets!
Soundcloud

kaili

Post by kaili » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:17 pm

/ban
Collab with GeNRL: http://www.soundcloud.com/genrli
140 related stuff:
https://soundcloud.com/kailimusic/
Soundcloud
Seriousub wrote:I do enjoy swinging my spine to the sound of a strong snare running around 140

Trichome

Post by Trichome » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:22 pm

ehbrums1 wrote:grime was never fun and funky...
#

sounds pretty fun and funky to me.
Soundcloud

When I first knifed man, it felt funny
Next day come, it became funny

ehbes

Post by ehbes » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:29 pm

really? sounds cold to me. i never really associated eski with "fun" :lol:
Paypal me $2 for a .wav of Midnight
https://soundcloud.com/artend
Dead Rats wrote:Mate, these chaps are lads.

ezza
THE POOREST

Post by ezza » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:32 pm

:corndance:
DiegoSapiens wrote:thats so industrial
soronery wrote:New low

Simulant

Post by Simulant » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:47 pm

Trainrek wrote:
ehbrums1 wrote:grime was never fun and funky...
#

sounds pretty fun and funky to me.
Yeah that's definitely on the lighter side of grime! Let's be honest though, most of it wasn't really fun and funky.

OGLemon

Post by OGLemon » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:51 pm

<iframe src="/forum/video.php?url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HocXme8vNSQ" frameborder="0" style="overflow:hidden; height:auto; max-width:540px"></iframe>
<iframe src="/forum/video.php?url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FckWmR3efuA" frameborder="0" style="overflow:hidden; height:auto; max-width:540px"></iframe>
<iframe src="/forum/video.php?url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gJtEC8Z514" frameborder="0" style="overflow:hidden; height:auto; max-width:540px"></iframe>

chekov

Post by chekov » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:21 am

how is this not fun

alex bk-bk wrote:some of you lot chat bare shit

syrup
Reigning Mini-Mix King

Post by syrup » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:57 am

the most obvious one imo

:mrgreen:
Soundcloud
dubfordessert wrote:you can jizz on me if you want

Simulant

Post by Simulant » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:37 am

johney wrote:the most obvious one imo

:mrgreen:
You can't call this shit grime.. Dizzee stopped making grime several years ago. He makes pop now. Just like a lot of artists, when they get big they turn their back on the scene that made them. Sell out bitches.

Trichome

Post by Trichome » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:32 am

I don't give a fuck what anyone says I'd rather sell out and be earning P than sitting in my bedroom making obscure music that a very select group of people listen to

Also theres plenty of people that have stayed true to grime. JME, Skepta (had a short period in the mainstream fair enough) etc
Soundcloud

When I first knifed man, it felt funny
Next day come, it became funny

test_recordings

Post by test_recordings » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:44 am

Don't forget: they're all a bunch of bums, and managed to land themselves anti-jobs as artists. I'd love to get paid to get high, talk shit, and make some tunes. Fuck it.
Getzatrhythm

Simulant

Post by Simulant » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:54 am

Trainrek wrote:I don't give a fuck what anyone says I'd rather sell out and be earning P than sitting in my bedroom making obscure music that a very select group of people listen to
So I take it that you don't enjoy making dubstep?
Trainrek wrote:Also theres plenty of people that have stayed true to grime. JME, Skepta (had a short period in the mainstream fair enough) etc
Yeah I know, I was just pointing out that Dizzee hasn't. Lots of artists do it - listen to Chase & Status' new album compared to their stuff from a decade ago, they used to be DnB artists but now make pop. I can understand people wanting to make money but I hate it when a good artist turns their back on their fan base like that.

test_recordings

Post by test_recordings » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:59 am

I think Chase and Status did a good job of producing Rhianna. Don't actually like what she came out with, but I think they put it together well.

Loads of hardcore and DnB was popular in the '90s and could be considered pop. Primal Scream aren't exactly cheesy, but they're considered mainstream simply because of how well-known they were.

Verdicts on Skream's Lax Roux - In for the kill remix?
Getzatrhythm

Simulant

Post by Simulant » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:43 am

test recordings wrote:I think Chase and Status did a good job of producing Rhianna. Don't actually like what she came out with, but I think they put it together well.

Loads of hardcore and DnB was popular in the '90s and could be considered pop. Primal Scream aren't exactly cheesy, but they're considered mainstream simply because of how well-known they were.

Verdicts on Skream's Lax Roux - In for the kill remix?
I thought that Skream tune was great, it got played out all over the place though! It was a very popular tune. But Skream continued making dubstep which is the scene he is famous for. What annoys me is when the producers stop making the music that their fans love, and start making pop. They literally do a u-turn and their music today is nothing like it was a few years ago. I understand they have to make a living, but find it hard to respect their music when it's cheesy and shit.