Clean AU sampler similar to Ableton Live's "Sampler"?

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum
Locked
User avatar
bouncingfish
Posts: 598
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 5:11 pm
Location: Sweden

Clean AU sampler similar to Ableton Live's "Sampler"?

Post by bouncingfish » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:36 pm

Just watched this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEjM3bRmmE4#t=450

And man, that sampler is perfect. So, I'm looking for a clean, preferably cpu light sampler for resampling audio. I did google this, but all I found was like huge sample libraries with choirs and strings... I have that in EXS24 in logic. What I'm looking for is a clean sampler that handles audio better, where you can actually mess with the waveforms, like this one.

EXS has filters, envelopes, LFO's and other things that are quite cool, but it's the actual audio functions that I'd like. Sorry if I can't explain this at all, as most of you know english is my second language.

Anyone have a suggestion?
I need to stop changing my sig

Hey, finally got soundcloud
https://soundcloud.com/h-e-l-l-o
some guy from facebook wrote: -instead being would have said stop acting judgemental of others then yet on you mind is not yet acting judgemental

firstboyonthemoon
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:31 am

Re: Clean AU sampler similar to Ableton Live's "Sampler"?

Post by firstboyonthemoon » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:37 pm

You could get (or if you've ever bought any piece of gear, probably have) a copy of Live Lite and buy Sampler.
My latest thing on Soundcloud:
Soundcloud
Check out the goofy shit I do on Vine.

User avatar
bouncingfish
Posts: 598
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 5:11 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Clean AU sampler similar to Ableton Live's "Sampler"?

Post by bouncingfish » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:49 am

firstboyonthemoon wrote:You could get (or if you've ever bought any piece of gear, probably have) a copy of Live Lite and buy Sampler.
Can't use that in Logic though, can I?
I need to stop changing my sig

Hey, finally got soundcloud
https://soundcloud.com/h-e-l-l-o
some guy from facebook wrote: -instead being would have said stop acting judgemental of others then yet on you mind is not yet acting judgemental

User avatar
dca
Posts: 112
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:47 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: Clean AU sampler similar to Ableton Live's "Sampler"?

Post by dca » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:42 am

Of all the things I miss from switching from ableton to logic, sampler is the biggest loss. Great little device there, so simple and intuitive, unlike the ESX24 in my experience

Kontakt is great sampler

firstboyonthemoon
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:31 am

Re: Clean AU sampler similar to Ableton Live's "Sampler"?

Post by firstboyonthemoon » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:18 am

bouncingfish wrote:
firstboyonthemoon wrote:You could get (or if you've ever bought any piece of gear, probably have) a copy of Live Lite and buy Sampler.
Can't use that in Logic though, can I?
I honestly don't know. I know you can ReWire Ableton to Garage Band, but I don't shit about shit about Logic.
My latest thing on Soundcloud:
Soundcloud
Check out the goofy shit I do on Vine.

User avatar
NinjaEdit
Posts: 1603
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:16 am
Location: Western Australia
Contact:

Re: Clean AU sampler similar to Ableton Live's "Sampler"?

Post by NinjaEdit » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:24 am

Well Garage Band is a free Logic, so Logic should work as well.

User avatar
bouncingfish
Posts: 598
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 5:11 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Clean AU sampler similar to Ableton Live's "Sampler"?

Post by bouncingfish » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:26 pm

Yeah, but thats rewiring the whole daw isn't it? Not just using sampler as an au plugin.

Anyway, I found this, that seems fairly similar to sampler (at least some aspects):
http://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/xfadelooper.html

Also this, which also is a granular synth and not just a sampler, still has some similar aspects:
http://sound-guru.com/software/mangle/

What do you guys think?
I need to stop changing my sig

Hey, finally got soundcloud
https://soundcloud.com/h-e-l-l-o
some guy from facebook wrote: -instead being would have said stop acting judgemental of others then yet on you mind is not yet acting judgemental

User avatar
3rdeye
Posts: 1720
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:22 am
Location: Byron Bay 2481

Re: Clean AU sampler similar to Ableton Live's "Sampler"?

Post by 3rdeye » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:29 am

Been thinking about this myself lately. Much prefer the Sampler device to EXS24 now.

You could check out Nuance by New Sonic Arts (http://www.newsonicarts.com/html/nuance.php) which is quite a simple plugin but sounds wicked. Definitely closer to Sampler than the EXS24.

I use Granite a lot which again is quite similar in some ways to Sampler (http://www.newsonicarts.com/html/granite.php). Depending on what it is you want to do that may suit your creative needs as well, although it is a proper granular sampler you could maybe use it for some of the same techniques you'd use Sampler for.

I got 'em both for $89 recently in a sale, well worth grabbing if you see them at that price again, regardless :)
Subtitles | Area Recordings | Muti Music | Requiem Audio | Subway | Gradient Audio
http://www.soundcloud.com/3rdeye

User avatar
bouncingfish
Posts: 598
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 5:11 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Clean AU sampler similar to Ableton Live's "Sampler"?

Post by bouncingfish » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:43 pm

3rdeye wrote:Been thinking about this myself lately. Much prefer the Sampler device to EXS24 now.

You could check out Nuance by New Sonic Arts (http://www.newsonicarts.com/html/nuance.php) which is quite a simple plugin but sounds wicked. Definitely closer to Sampler than the EXS24.

I use Granite a lot which again is quite similar in some ways to Sampler (http://www.newsonicarts.com/html/granite.php). Depending on what it is you want to do that may suit your creative needs as well, although it is a proper granular sampler you could maybe use it for some of the same techniques you'd use Sampler for.

I got 'em both for $89 recently in a sale, well worth grabbing if you see them at that price again, regardless :)
Those look great, a guy on edmp on reddit recommended granite as well. Thanks man.
I need to stop changing my sig

Hey, finally got soundcloud
https://soundcloud.com/h-e-l-l-o
some guy from facebook wrote: -instead being would have said stop acting judgemental of others then yet on you mind is not yet acting judgemental

User avatar
outbound
Posts: 1565
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: Clean AU sampler similar to Ableton Live's "Sampler"?

Post by outbound » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:21 am

dca wrote:Of all the things I miss from switching from ableton to logic, sampler is the biggest loss. Great little device there, so simple and intuitive, unlike the ESX24 in my experience

Kontakt is great sampler
Yeah gotta admit I've never really been the best of friends with EXS24. Still all about Kontakt, just feels a bit overkill sometimes though for triggering one sample lol
Soundcloud
Online Mastering//FAQ//Studio
Evolution Mastering (Analogue/Digital) : 1st track Free sample + 50% off.
What Is Mastering?
http://www.facebook.com/outbounduk

User avatar
bouncingfish
Posts: 598
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 5:11 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Clean AU sampler similar to Ableton Live's "Sampler"?

Post by bouncingfish » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:18 pm

outbound wrote: Still all about Kontakt, just feels a bit overkill sometimes though for triggering one sample lol
Yeah this is exactly what I think, it feels like way too much.
I need to stop changing my sig

Hey, finally got soundcloud
https://soundcloud.com/h-e-l-l-o
some guy from facebook wrote: -instead being would have said stop acting judgemental of others then yet on you mind is not yet acting judgemental

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests