FL Studio Mods ( like videogame !)

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum
KRONIKAL

FL Studio Mods ( like videogame !)

Post by KRONIKAL » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:25 pm

Hi guys :) i write this topic just for asking if there is something like videogame mods but for fl studio 11 or any other daw...it would be dope changing everything in fl studio for let it fit to your personal workflow...i mean for example placing parts of some daw with others like the fl studio mixer in ableton...it would be kinda like a frankenstein daw :)
SOUNDCLOUD PROFILE:

Soundcloud

Trichome

Re: FL Studio Mods ( like videogame !)

Post by Trichome » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:22 pm

I like your thinking, but I don't think anything major (apart from skins and small stuff) has been modded in most daws, the software itself is all very closed unlike videogames (they usually want to encourage modding)
Soundcloud

When I first knifed man, it felt funny
Next day come, it became funny

cyclopian

Post by cyclopian » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:07 pm

:middlefinger:

legend4ry

Post by legend4ry » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:15 pm

Theres some skins : http://www.deviantart.com/morelikethis/368479374

But that's about it.

To officially mod FL would require source code. They're not going to release source code for the most pirated DAW in the world.
Soulstep wrote: My point is i just wanna hear more vibes
Soundcloud

smalltock

Post by smalltock » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:21 am

FL Studio devs have been approached several times about letting FL Studio's workflow be modified and giving the user more customization options. The answer has been clear every time (granted, I haven't been on those forums or used FL Studio in at least two years) that Image-Line would rather take the Apple-esque approach of universal uniformity, giving the user little ability to modify anything. If you want a different workflow, you should look at other software.

As far as mods… There probably isn't any such mod out there. Not many would deem it worth the effort and IL doesn't make it an easy task. If there exists any mod to FL Studio, good luck getting it to work; it may have big stability issues.

KRONIKAL

Post by KRONIKAL » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:24 am

ok so the reason why i can ' t find no one that even tried to do it is because of small demand of them + fl studio that is not (obviously ) open source...
that' s sad because i think that producers nowdays could need something like a "social DAW" only created by users in collaboration with the original developers...where if you need some new feature you don' t ask for it , you create it by yourself (if you can :) )
SOUNDCLOUD PROFILE:

Soundcloud

legend4ry

Post by legend4ry » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:25 am

http://lmms.sourceforge.net/home.php

Is basically what you want.

Takes a lot of inspiration from Fruity too.
Soulstep wrote: My point is i just wanna hear more vibes
Soundcloud

KRONIKAL

Post by KRONIKAL » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:23 pm

Never heard of it ! Definetely gonna give it a try :)
It looks a lot like FL and it could be a good thing for a FL studio fan like me.Thank you !
SOUNDCLOUD PROFILE:

Soundcloud

smalltock

Post by smalltock » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:17 pm

There are a lot of open source DAWs. They usually don't have as much of a feature set as commercial ones. If interested, look at Buzz/Buzztard/Buzztrax, Ardour (Linux and Mac only), LMMS, and/or MusE.

GregoryTJ

Post by GregoryTJ » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:09 am

One could always decompile FL, oh my god the spaghetti you would have to sift through to mod it.
In short, pretty much impossible without the actual source, and even then it would need to be clean, documented and commented for anyone to make use of it.

There are other ways to mod things without editing the actual source, but it would be much more work than it is worth.

Even if you did mod it, you would run in to serious legal crap for distribution.

KRONIKAL

Post by KRONIKAL » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:22 am

Just finished watching the savant FM tutorial...and in the video he shows his synths with a GUI completely created by him, or at least with a lot of things added like the fl sampler with a ring modulator( really useful) or the armor totally redisegned ...so how it is possible ? I ve also asked him on fb
SOUNDCLOUD PROFILE:

Soundcloud

Trichome

Post by Trichome » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:02 pm

KRONIKAL wrote:Just finished watching the savant FM tutorial...and in the video he shows his synths with a GUI completely created by him, or at least with a lot of things added like the fl sampler with a ring modulator( really useful) or the armor totally redisegned ...so how it is possible ? I ve also asked him on fb
its not actually different man hes just fucked with the skin files I think which breaks the formatting of the GUI
Soundcloud

When I first knifed man, it felt funny
Next day come, it became funny

ftwgmorm

Post by ftwgmorm » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:38 pm

KRONIKAL wrote:Just finished watching the savant FM tutorial...and in the video he shows his synths with a GUI completely created by him, or at least with a lot of things added like the fl sampler with a ring modulator( really useful) or the armor totally redisegned ...so how it is possible ? I ve also asked him on fb
FL Sampler with a ring modulator is a legacy option. Here's how to enable it: