NI Massive

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum
mb

Post by mb » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:48 pm

FIRST: I hereby make it official that i would buy Massive if it wouldn't have that LFO automation issue which i seriously consider a major flaw. I know about the workarounds and can use them, but i would like to have the full range of possibilities. Native Instruments, take that into account please! Thank you.

SECOND
Daft tnuc wrote: 2. How do i put the glide mode on in massive.. i've seen it at the osc tab but i dont know how to put it on.
You have to be in monophonic mode in the voicing panel, then you just turn on the glide knob.
can anyone get more precise on this? i haven't figured it out yet. even though i'm not quite sure the thing i want is dealt with glide. so what i want is a audible and not abrupt change of frequency when changing the note? you see me?

EDIT: i think i have it! thanks.

halo skycrash

Massive LFO

Post by halo skycrash » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:55 pm

Kato! wrote:I agree that it is an annoying flaw! But it can easily be worked around. In cubase and logic it's very easy to draw in your own lfo on the automation lane, and as long as you use the sequencer grid properly it will be synced!

How about using the '5 LFO' and taking it out of sync mode. I would rather have a bunch of different speeds. You can just adjust later in the automation and sync by ear. I though dubstep was supposed to be all loose and not on exact time.

Also here's a really cool vid on massive:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... d=26003931

www.myspace.com/katomyspace

chewie

Post by chewie » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:55 pm

This has been sorted in the latest 1.1.4

mr sleepz

Post by mr sleepz » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:57 pm

R wrote:damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn... =( ... well then we duplicate the channels hahaha
thats how i roll
Dead Rats wrote:I love moshing to Borgore while on Ketamine.
EyeLegalAudio - Dubpressure - Subsplash - Supercharged - Dubstortion

Dubterrain.net - Mondays 5 - 7 GMT - Bassweight Sessions w/Mr Sleepz & Kasket

i suggest you invest in a new method to come better me
dont do crack nor ketamine, nah i dont do valium

bokatordubstep

Re: NI Massive

Post by bokatordubstep » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:53 pm

yeh, me too. but it's a pain in the dick with buffering issues since massive eats so much CPU.

chewie, you say they've fixed this in the new version?

i just got it, how would i go about automating the synced LFO?

biggup homie, thanks in advance,
bktr :t:

*EDIT* - just figured it out.... browse the parameters? uh durrrrpp :P
parson wrote:if borgore and kid rock had babies, they would come to bokator for tips on gamin'
Basic A wrote:Fuckin with the Bokator, you fuckin with yo life. He dont play no games.
http://www.myspace.com/bokatordubstep
http://www.furthersound.com/bokator
STUPID FLY/BETAMORPH/5HZ/DUB CARTEL

chewie

Re: NI Massive

Post by chewie » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:13 pm

Ah see someones actually been using the search function i was getting to think this place was a bit of a goldfish bowl with the amount of recurring questions popping up
Not sure if you use logic but here's a link showing you how to automate lfo in there :
http://www.dubstepforum.com/post1300119 ... c#p1300119

spektrum

Re: NI Massive Synced LFO

Post by spektrum » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:57 am

I hope this makes it easier.

You can automate the synced lfo in Massive. Although I'm not sure if it's because of the 1.1.4 massive update or Live 8 making more parameters available. Live 7 only allowed 120 or so parameters to be controlled through the midi instrument config panel. If I remember right.

You can try one of two ways...

A. Load NI Massive 1.1.4, then go to the 5 LFO tab. Once there simply activate the "sync" box, click in the ratio box of the value you wish to automate. (top or bottom) i.e. 1, 2, 4, 8, 12, 16 etc... That should cause it to show up in In your midi channels automation lane in arrangement view. The values for the 4 LFO tabs are named "Modulator 5 Den, Modulator 6 Den, Modulator 7 Den, Modulator 8 Den"

or...

B. If you do have Live 8 the midi parameters panel now has a "configure" button. Click that, it will highlight green. Then go into Massive and click the in the rate box of the value you wish to automate. It should show up in the automation lane of Massive in arrangement view. Then map your controller to the green slider or draw in your automation.

A little tip when creating synced sounds in Massive... If the "pos" box above the "sync" box is checked Massive will not be affected by the LFO unless the DAW is playing.