Numark X2's?

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum
wooda916

Numark X2's?

Post by wooda916 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:54 pm

Im looking at buying my first set on decks, ive read alot of the advice on here and from friends and the generall consensus is buy Technics. I can see why but the problem i have is that along with vinyl i have a fair few mp3's / CD's so really i could do with some CD decks too.

I saw these Numark X2's

http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR221455

and wondered if anyone has any experience with them and as i havnt exactly got an unlimited budget wether it would be worth grabbing a pair (or even just one) of these insted of buying turntables AND CD decks? as it seems this would be a very expensive option.

Any advice welcome!

Cheers

wooda916

Post by wooda916 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:45 pm

anyone?

simian

Post by simian » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:27 pm

Don't do it. Seriously, I've got some of the very high end vinyl-only numarks, and they don't even compare to the technics. You might think you're getting a good deal there, but in the long term, you'll just end up having to buy a decent set of cd decks and technics.

If i were you, i'd just buy the technics, and concentrate on the vinyl to begin with. It'll take a little while to get your technique up first anyway, so worry about mp3s later.

With regard to cheaper options than CD decks (which are crazy expensive), take a look at getting some of the virtual vinyl systems instead (like Traktor Scratch or Serrato), which will allow you to use mp3s on your decks as if they were vinyl.

pangaea

Post by pangaea » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:12 am

simian wrote:Don't do it
simian wrote:technics
simian wrote:serato

roytr0n

Post by roytr0n » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:34 am

Technics.

Traktor.

wooda916

Post by wooda916 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:00 pm

alright people,

posted this a while back and after having purchased a pair of these a couple of months ago thought id write a bit of a review for anyone cosindering them.

They are fantastic. really really good, best thing i ever bought. the torque on them is fantasic, gives you a really nice feel. If youve got mp3's and vinyl, id say go with this option rather than buying cdjs and turntables, its cheaper than buying good turntables and good cdj's without sacrifising quality and makes CD's feel exactly like vinyl (except for putting the stylus actually on the record ofcourse and swapping them over). You can also 3 deck mix on them with relitve ease (and even four deck if your feeling adventurous).

The only downside of them is that they are not used in clubs and i still do not know how to use a standard pioneer CDJ, but my best tunes are on vinyl anyway so not such a problem for me and im sure ill learn to use pioneers somewhere down the line.

I can see Hybrids being the future and other manufacturers (technics, vestax etc etc) jumping on them and developing theyre own versions and eventually these type of turntables becoming the industry standard. It cuts down on space and gives the authentic feel of vinyl for any DJ who mixes CD's and vinyls.

I think in a few years with more improvements and funky features and stuff, they will be all a DJ will ever need.

Anyway as you can see im really impressed by them, so would recommend them to anyone, but as i said before, the downside is them not being used in clubs, but who knows, this could change.
I havnt had any trouble with them (so far *touch wood*), if i do ill get back to you all.

Oh and i dont work for Numark lol, so this isnt an advert haha, infact i think if technics get on it and develop theyre own version based on the 1210 they could really cash in.

Hope this helps anyone whos considering buying them and any questions are welcome.

Peace...

(oh and ps. i know there are people who just mix CD's on CDJ's, these turntables and this review is mostly aimed at those who mix both, but i still think they make fantastic CDJ's in theyre own right, although they dont have all the features that a pioneer has. Same goes for vinyl only DJ's the technics are still probally the better option, though the numarks are a fantasic turntable in there own right.)