Massive is too easy

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum
Disco Nutter

Post by Disco Nutter » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:55 pm

Life is hard man... why make it easier?

Disco Nutter & Roka - Only Things (Bonkerz Audio)
Free download from here!

Soundcloud

tempest

Post by tempest » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:42 pm

To be honest, I keep finding new things to do in massive.. And i'm pretty sure after the 6 months or so of using it, there are still features i'm yet to utilise. Has a pretty user friendly interface to get sounds out quick, but I still reckon it's quite deep

xthewiddler

Post by xthewiddler » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:59 am

after playing with massive now for a week i think im just bitchin cuz reason doesnt support vst.. haha

cross your fingers for reason 5!

scab

Post by scab » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:36 am

it has been said time and time again....proppellerheads will not make reason support vsts. better learn to rewire.

thesynthesist

Post by thesynthesist » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:44 pm

haha, they were crossing their fingers before version 2...

VST support and audio inputs have always been wanted in Reason, and they have always been adamant that they would never be included.

I suggest uncrossing, or you'll end up like those chumps, with arthritis and no finished productions.

xthewiddler

Post by xthewiddler » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:36 pm

thesynthesist wrote:haha, they were crossing their fingers before version 2...

VST support and audio inputs have always been wanted in Reason, and they have always been adamant that they would never be included.

I suggest uncrossing, or you'll end up like those chumps, with arthritis and no finished productions.
haha ok deal

Jah Billah

Post by Jah Billah » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:04 am

thesynthesist wrote:This has got to be the dumbest thread I've seen in this forum.
True Synethesist, mon made it easy trough educational video. My bad. Respect due king.

robphobos

Post by robphobos » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:19 am

darkmatterUK wrote:
thesynthesist wrote:This has got to be the dumbest thread I've seen in this forum.
lol, i dunno bout that m8, theres mos def some stiff competition about
Surely this is getting in the top 5 ?

serox

Re: Massive is too easy

Post by serox » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:58 am

xTheWiddler wrote:So i work on reason and make 98 percent of my patches from scratch

then i DL'd the massive demo .. it is a great instrument only..

its like anything coming out of it sounds good

its way too easy, esp with the presets

anybody else dislike massive for this reason?
The sounds from Massive have been cained by quite a few people. I keep hearing the same preset sounds with a few filter changes used over n over. I would rather spend hours tweaking a shit sound and making it good and original.

Forget about presets lol.
Don’t worry about people stealing an idea. If it’s original, you will have to ram it down their throats.

uproot

Post by uproot » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:44 am

It's only easy if you make it easy. Maybe you should be making more complex sounds instead of.

WOMP WOMP WOMP :wink:
"What takes years to build can be brought down over night, build anyway" -Ghandi

xthewiddler

Post by xthewiddler » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:26 am

uproot wrote:It's only easy if you make it easy. Maybe you should be making more complex sounds instead of.

if you read the thread instead of just posting your two cents, you would know i dont use it :)

junglist

Post by junglist » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:40 am

I'm glad someone's got a easy program. I'm stuck with the most buggy, bare bones music sequencer ever... Acid Pro 6 :(

So if you ever feel like spreading he wealth hit me up with a serial number, and mabey i will give you an albino 3 SN?

uproot

Post by uproot » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:14 pm

xTheWiddler wrote:
uproot wrote:It's only easy if you make it easy. Maybe you should be making more complex sounds instead of.

if you read the thread instead of just posting your two cents, you would know i dont use it :)
AS you can see after I posted my two pence, I left a wink, which in western tradition indicates a joke. :lol:
"What takes years to build can be brought down over night, build anyway" -Ghandi