grime sampler cd? - sting recordings

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum
dxu

grime sampler cd? - sting recordings

Post by dxu » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:49 am

http://www.stingrecordings.com/

im not a fan of sampler CDs but just wanted to know what peoples general opinion of this one is? do you reckong they're just trying to cash in on the hype?

metalboxproducts

Post by metalboxproducts » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:45 am

Never used a sample cd in my life. Make your own sounds its not that hard. I serpose it has some good indorsments :D
magma wrote: I must fellate you instantly."?
Close The Door available here vvvvvvvv
http://www.digital-tunes.net/labels/metalbox
http://www.myspace.com/metalboxproducts
every thursday 10-12 gmt

sinewave

Post by sinewave » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:28 am

dunno about you, but i wouldn't touch a cd that looks like that. they coould have got someone other than a 5 year old to design that.

but no, i've only used a sample cd to chop up the loops and twist them to fu*k.

capes

Post by capes » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:11 pm

Last edited by capes on Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

threnody
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<

Post by threnody » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:49 pm

I think it's an excellent idea. Good for the new producers to get an authentic track together which can only help their development. Obviously as you get more accomplished with the software you want to develop your own sounds but i don't think this is aimed at pros/experts.

The sounds are high quality and there are some good sounds from what i've heard.

Also from Hindzy D/Sting recordings perspective it is all good as it helps them influence the newer generation of producers and therefore spread their sound.
To book for a live/DJ please email threnody@threnody.co.uk

Releases on:-
Big Dada / Slime / Red Volume / Creative Space / Urban Graffiti / Dubkraft / Rottun / Combat / UK Trends / L2S / Furioso / Yellow Machines

http://www.threnody.co.uk
http://www.uktrendsmusic.co.uk

SUB FM - Thursday Night 10pm-12am

skream
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<

Post by skream » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:30 am

Fuck That

alan

Post by alan » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:39 pm

the only sample cd i would go near is a classic drum hits cd...like a really well recorded gretch bassdrum or something....but i prefur using the drums i own recorded in my bedroom...gives your records personality

sidesteppa

Post by sidesteppa » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:20 pm

skream wrote:Fuck That
What is the difference between a sample and a fruity loops flute preset? We all have to start somewhere....

hindzy

Sample cd

Post by hindzy » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:04 pm

This cd is mainly aimed at up and coming mainly young talent that can not afford to buy sound modules and are good at sampling.

However making your own sounds is all good and the proper way to do things so you keep doing that!!!!!!!! because i will
Give the up and coming a chance to produce something...

Nobody is forcing any1 to buy the cd its your choice

alan

Re: Sample cd

Post by alan » Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:08 pm

hindzy wrote:This cd is mainly aimed at up and coming mainly young talent that can not afford to buy sound modules and are good at sampling.

However making your own sounds is all good and the proper way to do things so you keep doing that!!!!!!!! because i will
Give the up and coming a chance to produce something...

Nobody is forcing any1 to buy the cd its your choice
true

but it saturates a scene with identical soul less music, which ultimality kills it and makes this thing we love worthless.

threnody
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<

Re: Sample cd

Post by threnody » Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:17 pm

alan wrote:
but it saturates a scene with identical soul less music, which ultimality kills it and makes this thing we love worthless.
The same can be said for reason with a few exceptions. Everyone is using the same samplers, synths, mastering suites etc.... Obviously it can be creative (luke envoy) but for people first getting into production they will on the whole be using the same preset sounds as countless others (including liam howlett!).

skream
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<

Post by skream » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:04 pm

SideSteppa wrote:
What is the difference between a sample and a fruity loops flute preset? We all have to start somewhere....
I have never once used a fruity loops preset. . . .When i said fuck that i meant sample cd's altogether . . . . I just feel your so limited when using samples. . . .

composite_human

Post by composite_human » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:22 pm

well it seems that most sample cd's are made with n00bs in mind, the ones that just started producing and are always asking where to get samples and stuff...although once in a great while you can find some good sounds on em...

hindzy

Post by hindzy » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:09 pm

I CAN AGREE WITH ALL THE COMMENTS, TRUS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FR LOOPS AND OUR SAMPLE CD IS NOTHING REALLY YOU WILL PROBLY JUS ADD THE SOUNDS FROM THE CD TO YOUR SOUND BANK!!!

BUT MOST PEOPLE THAT USE FRUITY SAMPLE!!!!
SOME (PRODUCERS) DON'T EVEN HAVE A CONTROLLER KEYBOARD???
SOME MAY JUS BUILD BEATS AS A HOBBIE WHERE THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH NOT USING A CONTROLLER KEYBOARD.

SAMPLING WILL ALWAYS BE AROUND AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYBODY CAN DO ABOUT IT UNLESS YOU USE A SAMPLE AND YOUR TRACK HITS AND THEN YOU GET YOUR ASS SUED.

fullyrecordingz

Post by fullyrecordingz » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:53 pm

HINDZY BLAD

IM GIVIN OUT DIS CD FOR FREEEE MAN TO ANY1 WHO PMS ME YEH
SO MAN WILL BE BROKE ON ROAD LOL
SO ALL U WASTE PRODUCERS PM ME YEH AN U WILL GET DIS ST8 UP

fullyrecordingz

Post by fullyrecordingz » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:54 pm

yo this was a joke.. obviously some people cant take em.. and like to use words like dickwad. LOL

rekordah

Post by rekordah » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:30 pm

skream wrote:
SideSteppa wrote:
I have never once used a fruity loops preset. . . .When i said fuck that i meant sample cd's altogether . . . . I just feel your so limited when using samples. . . .
nuff respect and and all that but i think your not limited whatsoever when using samples, i dont agree with buying sampler cd's but there is a definate art to using samples creatively as there is with using hard/soft synths. so u cant hate on people if they are using samples to construct something completely new and original.

future one

Post by future one » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:22 am

skream wrote: I just feel your so limited when using samples. . . .
So you never use samples?

buzznacid

Post by buzznacid » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:59 am

As long as you make your sample, preset, ripoff, original, your own you should be trouble free. It's when you just USE it and not innovate from it, then you got yourself a problem. Learn how to use your samples. learn how to use your VSTi and hardware. thats where the hard work of being a musician, producer or DJ comes from. not just ripping off someone else's stuff. If you just rip off of somebody else all the time you end up sounding like.....well like the ones you ripped off of! So with all things in moderation, use the samples, use the VSTI, use the hardware with your own special "touch". Just dont be a douche and be like yeah I made that on my own when its just the damn amen drum break playing straight through the song. Don't get me wrong I love the amen break, it's my ring tone :wink:
...END OF LINE

vonboyage

Post by vonboyage » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:21 pm

Actually..

When i got this off Hindz i thought.. right.. lets see what we can do with this..
The CD isnt really that great.. but it does show alot of promise to producers who dont really know much about creating their own sounds.. if anything it should make the user want to dabble in a bit of.. reconstruction. Alot of people i know do not own hardward (midi keyboard.. modules etc..) Myself included.

I asked a bunch of the youts around this area.. who make music, and they thought this CD was SICKKKK

Whereas us older lot are more into the creation of our own sounds.. so i think this CD has done what it was supposed to.. come on, its got GRIME plastered on the front of it... :)

I'd prefer to listen to a beat using sounds from this CD, than a tune using the bog standard fruity sounds n presets.

Also.. i saw the cover for the DUBSTEP edition a while back, doubt this will see the light of day, but it wud be good if it could of been made.. cuda got these youts ona different ting altogether.

Big up Hindzy + Lix.

Famball
Origininja