can check this clip? thoughts, pointers

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum
constructo

can check this clip? thoughts, pointers

Post by constructo » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:57 pm

I been producing dnb for a while then quiet unhappy with no matter what I do I just feel recreating the same old tunes so giving a try at slower tempos and experimentation.
here is a small sample.. you think stuff like this has potential in the dubstep realm.
*trying to attach the mp3

shonky

Post by shonky » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:41 pm

It's nicely put together, sounds halfway between dnb and electro in terms of construction. Think it's a good starting point
Hmm....

capes

Post by capes » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:22 pm

Last edited by capes on Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

constructo

Post by constructo » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:05 pm

cheers for the responses.. think ill experiment more with less breakbeat sounding edits.

gauche

Post by gauche » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:33 pm

more emphasis on the bass would be nice to hear, try something other than the bass drum to add some depth to the tune, it's a start. simplistic as it may be, it's got potential if you mess around with things, also what did you program the sounds in/use to create? keep us updated mang,
peace

fullyrecordingz

Re: can check this clip? thoughts, pointers

Post by fullyrecordingz » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:18 pm

constructo wrote:you think stuff like this has potential in the dubstep realm.
nope not exactly.. but it does sound good
change ur sounds if u like dubstep, keep @ it

constructo

Post by constructo » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:50 am

thanks again. right there on the bass i've been shy with subs for some silly reason.

Now putting more of those dreadful, lo-fi, voodoo vibes and I hope to finish an entry for the doa-dubstepforum compo as first dubstep tune.
also what did you program the sounds in/use to create? keep us updated mang,
I use Fl studio as sequencer/sampler and Guitar Rig for processing sounds specially drum samples.. its got all.. eq, compression, reverb with a special character, warmth and a somewhat 'exaggerated' response I miss in most plugins plus it makes it very easy to experiment with different fx chains.

sidesteppa

Post by sidesteppa » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:43 pm

Really feeling the vibes on this one. I love the beat and bass...sounds sick. Only problem is it feels a bit monotnous after a while....maybe cut some stuff out every now and then...