Absynth 4

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum
sio2

Absynth 4

Post by sio2 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:39 pm

Anyone else use this ? Its freakn amazing if you dont have it. Very well worth buying. I'm using it w/ Pro tools, Reason & Abelton.

Disco Nutter

Post by Disco Nutter » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:49 pm

Yeah it is great.

But I'm currently wobbling with massive, can't bother to learn 10 synths at once... not productive.

thesynthesist

Post by thesynthesist » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:09 am

If you learn synthesis techniques, you can apply them to every synth...

But Absynth is great... its not necessarily the ideal synth for making dubstep bass, but its great for atmospheres, sound design stuff...

its one of the spaciest synths out there now.

legend4ry

Post by legend4ry » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:24 am

thesynthesist wrote:but its great for atmospheres, sound design stuff...

its one of the spaciest synths out there now.

Indeed! I seem to make a lot of subtle practically unnoticeable atmospheres and sounds with it what really brighten up a track I tend to use it for that "iceing on the cake" effect, I don't open it for every track I make but its perfect for when theres a little something missing and you can't figure out what.

Very very very wise buy for those who love a good atmosphere!

EDIT: PLUS! The presets are not absolutely amazing, tis what I love about it, I mean they're good but they're not Massive good where you don't really have to mess around with them cause they're close to perfect but thats a matter of opinion
Soulstep wrote: My point is i just wanna hear more vibes
Soundcloud

+2

Post by +2 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:52 am

i am a proud user of absynth. i tried using massive - but it just didnt do what i was looking for.
-----------------------------------------
Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves.

http://www.soundcloud.com/plus2

martello

Post by martello » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:56 am

I think NI Complete Synths is an excellent deal, 4 synths in one - Massive, FM8, Absynth 4 (compatible with Absynth 3 presets) and Pro-53. Bought it last year.

flateric

Post by flateric » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:35 pm

Legendary wrote:EDIT: PLUS! The presets are not absolutely amazing, tis what I love about it, I mean they're good but they're not Massive good where you don't really have to mess around with them cause they're close to perfect but thats a matter of opinion
I didn't find the presets in Massive to be all that good, haven't heard one that actually demonstrates Massive's full potential. Also I found Absynth to be pretty good for bass esp with the waveform morphing and the fact that's the sine wave weigh's a tonne (has a lot of weight) but it is let down by the filters + distortion imho.