KORG MS-20, legacy cell...

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum
terasene

KORG MS-20, legacy cell...

Post by terasene » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:53 pm

anyone out there using the MS 20 for production? ive been using it on and off for months now and i still dont fully understand it :S sometimes i get sounds that are pretty cool, but its just such a whack synth to play around with. sometimes im like... f##k it! i need a new synth! then i play around for like 20 seconds more and im like... hey that sounds alright...

if ur interested heres some short few beat clips on the sort of sounds im getting out of it... any comments appreciated. any feedback at all appreciated.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8ymw81
http://www.sendspace.com/file/dvxcwb
http://www.sendspace.com/file/d7030n

cheers.

-terasene

pdomino

Post by pdomino » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:03 pm

Need to play around with it to be honest and get to know what does what, its a great synth IMO.

I have the Korg pack and find it good to mess with, try layering sounds but individually eq or trim them out.

I used to have a similar version, the Korg ms2000.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=korg+m ... =firefox-a

knobgoblin

Post by knobgoblin » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:31 am

i have a hardware analogue ms20 and that thing is a monster for bass sounds, but without the ability to retrigger the lfo on every note, wobbles are pretty much out. just gotta control the filters manually while playing and clever use of the envelopes and you'll get great bass sounds.if your useing the legacy cell, i recomend using two ms20s... one with the triangle wave one osc 1 by itself and the other with square waves and high pass filtered. that should be a good starting point for bass sounds.

dreadydubb

ms20?

Post by dreadydubb » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:22 am

That ms20 vst's arite, although it's kinda' trikky, when fukkin wit ya filter offset, to get that piece soundin jus right, ya hurd? Bigg upp homie wit di vintage analog piece. Peep out that Korg Legacy collection & one uh my favorites - Wavestation, ******!

Whaaoomp whaaoomp whaaoomp wha-wha-wha whaaoomp whaaoomp whaaoomp!!!!!!! BLA-BLA-BLAAKAA!!!!

dUBSTEP fi dI masses!

terasene

Post by terasene » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:01 am

mad shit thanks for the help guys... any sample work using the MS20? just want to see what other people have acheived with it.

thanks for that info knobgoblin ill have a play around with the 2x MS20 on the legacy.

laters.

terasene

lojik

Post by lojik » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:44 pm

Too complicated for me. I prefer minimal sounds anyway :)
Out Now:
DD005 - Retrospect
MRS029 - Connected/Lovin' You
DAR010 - Santogold - Shove It (remix) 12"
SET003 - Bob Marley - Is This Love (remix) 12"
Echodub Loves Volume 2 - White Room
FTW Records Digital - Panic Room
FTW Free Compilation - Get Up (a.k.a Symphony)

slugabed

Post by slugabed » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:27 pm

i fink its a real good software synth

i dont use all the functions but it has a good sound and a good few possibilities

lojik, you get good minimal sounds out of the ms20

nastybobby

Post by nastybobby » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:22 pm

I had a [real] ms20 for years, it produced lovely warm sounds, the only problem i had with it was, my cat kept pissing on it!!! [honest]He must have done it 2/3 times before i moved it to a place where he couldn't get to it. The only reason i could think of why he did this was, that when it warmed up [the synth not the cat] it produced an odour that he was either attracted to or threatened by. Anybody else ever heard of this happening?