It's a really important topic, this one. Thanks to dubstep, I've now got constant ringing in my left ear (not just a high-pitched frequency but a 'tone', as it were). Sleeping is sometimes difficult because of this. Headphone use makes it worse. And I'm absolutely gutted. I'm only 21 and music is so important to me...making it, listening to it... to think that I've tarnished my one and only set of ears which will affect the way I hear 'subtler' music (classical, jazz) from this point onwards...well, gutting.
I've got ER-20s which I've found to be very good, but I'll probably dip into my savings for customs. Because I've honestly thought about giving some gigs a miss due to further damage. Eg. DMZ on Iration. Which sucks, because I love dubstep. I like feeling the bass.
A lot of people don't really care/think about it, and that's up to them of course. But seriously, our ears weren't designed to cope with such volumes for such prolonged periods of time. I dunno, maybe clubs
should start to look at db ratings..? Or is that too much, it's up to us what we do etc? You decide
