Music Production website for gaining useful feedback.
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.
Quick Link to Feedback Forum
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.
Quick Link to Feedback Forum
-
Phase Down
- Posts: 819
- Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:37 pm
Music Production website for gaining useful feedback.
Hey guys,
So about 6 months to a year ago, I have started creating a new website from scratch, based on getting actual useful feedback on unfinished tracks.
I was the ideas, the appearance, the writing and the hosting, my father was the coder. He was learning on the way but was a very skilled programmer and got about all features done that were needed in my eyes, with a few errors and little things that still had to be done we were very close to a beta run of the website.
Now last week my father passed away, I do not want to get into any details but the point behind this post is that I do not know any other coders, and the website is so close to finished that I feel the need to complete it, also for a feeling to keep this running for my father who has put so much time into this website. I do not know any other coders, and would really appreciate someone who is truly interested to jump in and help me finish and run this project. It is fully written in php.
Here is a bit of a explanation behind the website, it is based on reputation you can gain while giving feedback on others, the person who has uploaded the song and gained for example feedback from you, that person who uploaded the song will be able to vote on your feedback on how useful it was, the more useful feedback you give, the more promotion and feedback you will gain on your own uploaded songs.
The feedback system is based on a questionnaire with questions about the mixdown and the arrangement of your song, the person giving feedback also has to select which system the song was listened on.
The main idea that made me start this website is because on all the forums and sites I find to get some feedback on your songs, seem to mostly be cluttered and the feedback is no real help to finish the song.
I hope someone will be interested, and sorry for posting it in production, hardware & technical but all the production heads are in this forum and I am not sure where to find some help with people who are really interested in this particular subject.
If you like to contact me or got any other questions you can do that here, in my pm, or my email defineaudio@gmail.com.
Thanks for your time.
I hope someone here likes the idea or know someone who can help me.
So about 6 months to a year ago, I have started creating a new website from scratch, based on getting actual useful feedback on unfinished tracks.
I was the ideas, the appearance, the writing and the hosting, my father was the coder. He was learning on the way but was a very skilled programmer and got about all features done that were needed in my eyes, with a few errors and little things that still had to be done we were very close to a beta run of the website.
Now last week my father passed away, I do not want to get into any details but the point behind this post is that I do not know any other coders, and the website is so close to finished that I feel the need to complete it, also for a feeling to keep this running for my father who has put so much time into this website. I do not know any other coders, and would really appreciate someone who is truly interested to jump in and help me finish and run this project. It is fully written in php.
Here is a bit of a explanation behind the website, it is based on reputation you can gain while giving feedback on others, the person who has uploaded the song and gained for example feedback from you, that person who uploaded the song will be able to vote on your feedback on how useful it was, the more useful feedback you give, the more promotion and feedback you will gain on your own uploaded songs.
The feedback system is based on a questionnaire with questions about the mixdown and the arrangement of your song, the person giving feedback also has to select which system the song was listened on.
The main idea that made me start this website is because on all the forums and sites I find to get some feedback on your songs, seem to mostly be cluttered and the feedback is no real help to finish the song.
I hope someone will be interested, and sorry for posting it in production, hardware & technical but all the production heads are in this forum and I am not sure where to find some help with people who are really interested in this particular subject.
If you like to contact me or got any other questions you can do that here, in my pm, or my email defineaudio@gmail.com.
Thanks for your time.
I hope someone here likes the idea or know someone who can help me.
- futures_untold
- Posts: 4429
- Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:25 pm
- Location: London
- Contact:
Re: Music Production website for gaining useful feedback.
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of you father, that's rough.
Have you thought of asking over on stackoverflow, webcoding forums or rentacoder style sites?
Have you thought of asking over on stackoverflow, webcoding forums or rentacoder style sites?
-
Phase Down
- Posts: 819
- Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:37 pm
Re: Music Production website for gaining useful feedback.
Appreciated, but no this is the first attempt I have made to find a person to help me finish this project off, mostly because it is getting so near the end that I would prefer someone who actually knows something about the music production world as well. If I do not get any help from this, then I will be forced to go to freelancer like websites like rentacoder etc, but I prefer someone with the same vision as me, and who can maybe bring in some actual ideas too, and run it with me afterwards.
- futures_untold
- Posts: 4429
- Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:25 pm
- Location: London
- Contact:
Re: Music Production website for gaining useful feedback.
Try the forums on KVRaudio too. They get many more users than Dubstepforum and the users seem to have more diverse backgrounds too. 
- Electric_Head
- Posts: 16958
- Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 9:59 am
- Location: South of Africa
- Contact:
Re: Music Production website for gaining useful feedback.
Good idea, or checkout Gearslutzfutures_untold wrote:Try the forums on KVRaudio too. They get many more users than Dubstepforum and the users seem to have more diverse backgrounds too.



Re: Music Production website for gaining useful feedback.
Hey, we have coder headz here too! 
AIM: Stompzi - always up for chattin' shit
- Electric_Head
- Posts: 16958
- Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 9:59 am
- Location: South of Africa
- Contact:
-
Phase Down
- Posts: 819
- Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:37 pm
Re: Music Production website for gaining useful feedback.
Thanks for being able to point me in such direction, if nothing comes out of this then I sure will try their forums, and Stompzi I've added you on AIM.
Once it is finished I would love you guys to help beta it!
Once it is finished I would love you guys to help beta it!
- Electric_Head
- Posts: 16958
- Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 9:59 am
- Location: South of Africa
- Contact:
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests