WIPs/unfinished tunes for feedback * no finished tunes *

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum
bars_marr
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:30 am

Re: WIPs/unfinished tunes for feedback * no finished tunes *

Post by bars_marr » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:08 am

did not see this thread, sorry for x-posting... this is probably the more appropriate place to put this

Soundcloud

sound design and arrangement of this snippet still leave a lot to be desired as far as im concerned. I've not been producing long, trying to break out of the bad habit of makin 8bar loops that do shit all. I could really do with some constructive crits/perspective

User avatar
das_raunchy
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:07 am

Re: WIPs/unfinished tunes for feedback * no finished tunes *

Post by das_raunchy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:32 am

acrap wrote:can somebody please review mine. i cant get my songs to sound good or smooth i've tried so many times its ridiculous :/
sounds are pretty interesting, got a serious growl going on. i think you are focusing too much on the sounds and not the riddim. :Q:

User avatar
amphibian
Posts: 1421
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:52 am
Contact:

Re: WIPs/unfinished tunes for feedback * no finished tunes *

Post by amphibian » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:43 am

bars_marr wrote:did not see this thread, sorry for x-posting... this is probably the more appropriate place to put this

Soundcloud

sound design and arrangement of this snippet still leave a lot to be desired as far as im concerned. I've not been producing long, trying to break out of the bad habit of makin 8bar loops that do shit all. I could really do with some constructive crits/perspective
You should read the rules first.
Latest Track
Digital Pilgrimz - Shogun (pHybian remix) - FORTHCOMING FUTURE FOLLOWERS
Soundcloud

Deep. Dark.

acrap
Posts: 254
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:03 pm

Re: WIPs/unfinished tunes for feedback * no finished tunes *

Post by acrap » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:55 am

das raunchy wrote:
acrap wrote:can somebody please review mine. i cant get my songs to sound good or smooth i've tried so many times its ridiculous :/
sounds are pretty interesting, got a serious growl going on. i think you are focusing too much on the sounds and not the riddim. :Q:
thank you yeah i try and focus alot on filthy sounds lol but i do actually wanna finish a track for once thats fluent and not with akward transitions.

bars_marr
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:30 am

Re: WIPs/unfinished tunes for feedback * no finished tunes *

Post by bars_marr » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:06 am

amphibian wrote:
bars_marr wrote:did not see this thread, sorry for x-posting... this is probably the more appropriate place to put this

Soundcloud

sound design and arrangement of this snippet still leave a lot to be desired as far as im concerned. I've not been producing long, trying to break out of the bad habit of makin 8bar loops that do shit all. I could really do with some constructive crits/perspective
You should read the rules first.
nae cheekiness intended, apologies. it'll have to wait till morning now, 3am bedroom rave= a different kind of antisocial ;-)

User avatar
narrator
Posts: 313
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:41 pm
Contact:

Re: WIPs/unfinished tunes for feedback * no finished tunes *

Post by narrator » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:58 pm

@swaggr - Some really nice ideas goin on. it think the mid range bass sound a little loud and overbearing in the mix, i think the bass you have from the start makes the tune sound muddy after the drop, maybe try lo passing it a bit when the mid range drops. Really nice stuff though.

@lloydy - There's definitely a stomper in there with this one. I think if you chopped up the bassline or just automated it a bit the track would benefit alot, right now it sounds a bit monotone. the change up @3:12 brings alot of life into the arrangement, even using some of these parts earlier would give it a nice Noisia sort of feel off the track.
The panning is a little much at times too, if you chopped the "orchestra" sample in with the bassline/arrangement a bit more instead of having it play constantly it would sound really cool.

@Voodeedoo - Really liking this, the arrangement is sick as fuck. the only thing is the kick sounds a bit dull and flat for the track. a different kick would do wonders for the tune, other than that it's sterling work.


Here's something I'm working on, went for something a bit different on this one, sure it's all about variety and all that etc..

Feedback would be great.

Soundcloud

User avatar
mikeyp
Posts: 768
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:13 am
Location: Chicago

Re: WIPs/unfinished tunes for feedback * no finished tunes *

Post by mikeyp » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:02 pm

@ amphibian - that's just lovely :4:

@ lloydy - this is hard to really critique with that panning, it is way too extreme. I'm not sure if you have that sound turned up too high or if it just seemed that way but it was hard to focus on anything else for more than a second. that being said, I can really only say everything else sounds good. can't really go into detail. just ease the panning and maybe turn that down a bit and you might have something there

@ acrap - all those do sound pretty random. if you're having trouble trying to get things to blend, try this. instead of making a different patch from scratch for each sound you want to have (since you're makin brostep i'm assuming you want several different roars and doo dads and growls and what not), just make one main bass patch, and then tweak that same one slightly, try to use mostly the same waveforms and filters, and just make minor changes. that way it'll sound different, but won't sound like you're going all over the place. just do this and push your limits instead of trying to work backwards from something different and make it fit.


trying to do this remix. spent all night on what I have now (it's 9am and i haven't slept lol) pretty satisfied with my intro but as usual I don't know where to go next. what I have for the drop now is just so I can have something, although i want to keep the vocals how they are (i think) What do your ears wanna hear right there!? I really have no clue. thanks guys
Soundcloud

Espy
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:18 am

Re: WIPs/unfinished tunes for feedback * no finished tunes *

Post by Espy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:44 pm

mikeyp wrote:@ amphibian - that's just lovely :4:

@ lloydy - this is hard to really critique with that panning, it is way too extreme. I'm not sure if you have that sound turned up too high or if it just seemed that way but it was hard to focus on anything else for more than a second. that being said, I can really only say everything else sounds good. can't really go into detail. just ease the panning and maybe turn that down a bit and you might have something there

@ acrap - all those do sound pretty random. if you're having trouble trying to get things to blend, try this. instead of making a different patch from scratch for each sound you want to have (since you're makin brostep i'm assuming you want several different roars and doo dads and growls and what not), just make one main bass patch, and then tweak that same one slightly, try to use mostly the same waveforms and filters, and just make minor changes. that way it'll sound different, but won't sound like you're going all over the place. just do this and push your limits instead of trying to work backwards from something different and make it fit.


trying to do this remix. spent all night on what I have now (it's 9am and i haven't slept lol) pretty satisfied with my intro but as usual I don't know where to go next. what I have for the drop now is just so I can have something, although i want to keep the vocals how they are (i think) What do your ears wanna hear right there!? I really have no clue. thanks guys
Soundcloud
Vocals don't match the key of your song and they go out of time in places.

dpain
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:19 am

trying to get this intro/drop more interesting (feedback)

Post by dpain » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:08 pm

so ive been working on producing for about 4 months now and I feel like I've finally made something worth posting on here...its just a 16 bar intro that needs some obvious work because its boring and then a drop which I like alot cuz its real heavy...but i feel like it gets too repetitive and needs some variation like maybe some filler sounds...any feedback (negative or positive) is appreciated...thanks
Soundcloud

Floop
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:07 am

Re: WIPs/unfinished tunes for feedback * no finished tunes *

Post by Floop » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm

@dpain pretty good, but you need to work on the levels. gets a bit sloppy at times. and maybe add some synths to the intro.

@mikeyp I really liked the beginning, but it does get off-key later on. just work on that and you will have a beautiful intro.

@narrorator Shit, that's flawless. Getting some moombahcore vibes. Keep it up :)

Soundcloud

User avatar
amphibian
Posts: 1421
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:52 am
Contact:

Re: trying to get this intro/drop more interesting (feedback

Post by amphibian » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:15 pm

dpain wrote:so ive been working on producing for about 4 months now and I feel like I've finally made something worth posting on here...its just a 16 bar intro that needs some obvious work because its boring and then a drop which I like alot cuz its real heavy...but i feel like it gets too repetitive and needs some variation like maybe some filler sounds...any feedback (negative or positive) is appreciated...thanks
Soundcloud
Obviously reading rules is your achilles heal.
Latest Track
Digital Pilgrimz - Shogun (pHybian remix) - FORTHCOMING FUTURE FOLLOWERS
Soundcloud

Deep. Dark.

dpain
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:19 am

Re: WIPs/unfinished tunes for feedback * no finished tunes *

Post by dpain » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:23 pm

@amphibian: yea my bad on posting it in the wrong forum initially...ive been lurking for awhile now actually and I just never saw this thread pinned at the top

@floop: thanks for the advice and yea im finding intro synths to be a bit of a struggle i need to read up more on music theory...also when u say it gets a bit sloppy are u referring to that sorta white-noise-ish sound during the drop? cuz its weird i dont really hear that when i play it through FL studio...is it normal for ur stuff to sound different when u export it as a wav or mp3?

edit: nevermind i see exactly what ur talking about the bass is peaking too much at certain parts...thanks
Last edited by dpain on Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
dougriley
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:19 pm

Re: WIPs/unfinished tunes for feedback * no finished tunes *

Post by dougriley » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:49 pm

how's it going everyone? i am gettin kinda lost with this track i've been workin on, so i've come here for some feedback/advice. i feel bad posting it up without feedback on everyone elses tune's, but i'm at work right now without headphones.

Soundcloud

let me know what you think and i shall return to participate in this extremely helpful thread :6:
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Soundcloud

Tiger Blood
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:10 pm

Re: WIPs/unfinished tunes for feedback * no finished tunes *

Post by Tiger Blood » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:12 pm

Soundcloud

Hey guys some sounds im working on, what u guys think?

Need some feedback in terms of EQ since its my first go at using EQ. Also any ideas on developing the track would be great. THanks!

User avatar
amphibian
Posts: 1421
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:52 am
Contact:

Re: WIPs/unfinished tunes for feedback * no finished tunes *

Post by amphibian » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:32 pm

Wow. 3 posts in a row with people clearly ignoring posting guidelines.
Latest Track
Digital Pilgrimz - Shogun (pHybian remix) - FORTHCOMING FUTURE FOLLOWERS
Soundcloud

Deep. Dark.

Tiger Blood
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:10 pm

Re: WIPs/unfinished tunes for feedback * no finished tunes *

Post by Tiger Blood » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:37 pm

amphibian wrote:Wow. 3 posts in a row with people clearly ignoring posting guidelines.
sorry i only glanced over the newest posts.

Im not qualified to offer feedback really, me being a noob.

dpain
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:19 am

Re: WIPs/unfinished tunes for feedback * no finished tunes *

Post by dpain » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:40 pm

yea i see what ur talking about now lol...im sorta in the same boat as tiger blood tho but ill give it a shot

dpain
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:19 am

Re: WIPs/unfinished tunes for feedback * no finished tunes *

Post by dpain » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:08 pm

@dougriley: i think this sounds pretty good im especially liking the intro...it seems like maybe it starts getting a little repetitive once the bass hits

@mikeyp: really like what u got goin on here

@floop: i couldnt quite tell if u were asking for feedback but ur song sounds pretty sick

zipfelpeter
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: WIPs/unfinished tunes for feedback * no finished tunes *

Post by zipfelpeter » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:14 pm

my first post, hey everyone! :)

@tiger : I feel like drums sound almost a bit forced, try using some hats & loops to make it more 'shakey' /off-beaty. try not to overEQ, rather cut out unimportant frequencies to make room for other instruments.. some nice tutorials on here can definitely give you some pointers. there is really not too much going on to review yet, keep at it and just keep expanding your knowledge is probably the best advice I can give you.

@dougriley: I dig your track, I'd say that is close to done just keep adding stuff to it until you feel it isn't missing anything. can't really review the mix since I'm on laptop speakers. add more details and little variations to make it more interesting, I feel like your on to it though so just keep going.

@floop:extremely nice, maybe use that intro theme to work with after the drop, somehow incorporate it? this should turn out great if you're actually going to finish it.

here's my idea, I'm new to this forum and haven't been into producing dubstep too long but I sure enjoy it, let me know what you think?
what's a wip btw? *duck* excuse the newbieness ^^

http://soundcloud.com/zipfelpeter/kaplanesquism

cheers,
thomas

User avatar
mikeyp
Posts: 768
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:13 am
Location: Chicago

Re: WIPs/unfinished tunes for feedback * no finished tunes *

Post by mikeyp » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:59 pm

Espy wrote:Vocals don't match the key of your song and they go out of time in places.
Floop wrote:@mikeyp I really liked the beginning, but it does get off-key later on. just work on that and you will have a beautiful intro.
can you tell me where? i'm doing this for a competition, so the melody was actually a sample that I didn't make, and I can't imagine the whole thing would be in a different key. although I didnt even bother to check. thanks though guys

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests