Quick Link to Feedback Forum
Can anyone help?
Any other tips for making dubstep in LOGIC 7 would also be really appreciated.
To map LFO to cutoff in EXS24:
1. Open up EXS, load up your sample or instrument, and lower the cutoff knob all the way.
2. In the 3rd slot (or any slot) in the Mod Matrix, click under the 'Dest' and select Filter Cutoff from the dropdown.
3. Under the 'Src' area in that same slot, click and select LFO1 fromthe dropdown.
4. Now you see a green arrow appear just to the right. Push it all the way up.
5. Play a not, you'll hear the LFO modulate the cutoff. Pulling the green arrow all the way to the bottom will invert the modulation.
6. If you want to control LFO->Cutoff with the Pitch Bend, click in the Via section, and choose Pitch Bend.
if you want to get advanced:
6. Click under the Via area, select LFO 2 or Env 1 from the dropdown. Now an orange arrow appears. This is how much the Via source will add to (or subtract from if you have the invert button clicked) the Src modulation, as with the Pitch Bend example above.
The Max source in Via is really useful with LFO's, as it allows you to set the LFO to modulate only over a certain range of a parameter's range. For example, if you want the LFO to modulate only a little above and below where you have cutoff set, you can use Max to do this. Play around with it, it'll make more sense.
For the ES1, just click the button next to Cutoff on the right side of the Router section, then adjust the LFO rate and range sliders. Same for the left side
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests