Durty Chips - Sonic (Remix)

unsigned forum members' tracks & place for feedback
Forum rules
By using this "Dubs" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Production Forum
DURTYCHIPS

Durty Chips - Sonic (Remix)

Post by DURTYCHIPS » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:10 pm

New remix we've put together sampling the classic, Sonic. hope you enjoy! :)
Soundcloud

kaiori breathe

Re: Durty Chips - Sonic (Remix)

Post by kaiori breathe » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:26 pm

It's alright

I feel like you could have done something a lot cooler with this though, if the actual sonic theme and sounds were a bit more present throughout the track instead of just in the intro and the outro and the occasional sfx dropped in, i think how it goes into the drop is a little forced too, seems almost like you had that intro part done but didn't really know how to go into what you wanted to do, i.e., bassy nasty midrange drop, also, some of the notes on that arpeggiator synth don't really sound like they fit in with the lead pattern from sonic, and i think the pre-drop is in another key ? It's well produced mind you, mix sounds decent and the actual synth sounds themselves compliment eachother i think

hudson

Post by hudson » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:08 pm

Kaiori pretty much summed up my thoughts on this too, you could have done a lot more the the original song aside from just adding drums and a drop that sounds like it was made before you decided to remix the sonic theme. So many people are doing just that these days, so try to have some fun! Do something unique! You've got the production skills.

rayankrpt

Post by rayankrpt » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:31 am

i feel like transition to the drop is a bit mashed together. it feels like it comes out of nowhere. maybe try a different kick pattern right before? i feel like the kicks you have now kind of throw you off beat. maybe its just me :( interesting track though :)