Special Announcement: We have migrated to a new forum platform community.dsf.ninja. The old forum is locked, but it will remain open for reading. Read more.

Automating BPM

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum

Postby LogiSpark » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:34 pm

As much as I love FL, the tempo system is just trash. Automating it to do sort of a genre is just to hard, I'm trying to change from 174 to 110 but it will end up as 108.473. How do I automate the BPM so I can get the exact tempo?
Soul Of Seun wrote:I'd fondle a bear.

Some Neurohop:
https://soundcloud.com/logispark/broken-osow-1
LogiSpark

Has Bigged up!:
35 times
Been Bigged up!:
13 times

Postby mthrfnk » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:47 pm

The tempo automation in FL is great, if you use it right.

Set the tempo to 110. Right click. Copy value. Now in your automation clip, make a point where you want the tempo to be 110, right click, paste value... from there onwards until you set a new point the tempo will be 110. Same goes for if you're bringing it back to 174.

Pretty much every native controller function in FL allows you to copy/paste values between knobs/controllers/curves etc.
mthrfnk

Has Bigged up!:
6 times
Been Bigged up!:
22 times

Postby JBE » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:46 pm

You could also use the event editor. It sounds archaic I know. But the Event Editor actually shows values rather than percentages.

You can right click on the automation, click edit events. When the window opens just move your mouse around on the line until you find 110. The values are shown in the window at the top left. Click it to create a one bar automation and then you can click on the options in the event editor, go to edit and turn it into an automation clip. And you can do this for however many different BPMs you might want to change between. Then you have an automation clip that you can place anywhere you want those changes to be made.

Yea it's a bit of an old solution but it works quite well. Old habits die hard I guess.
JBE

Has Bigged up!:
0 time
Been Bigged up!:
3 times

Postby Dustwyrm » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:16 pm

Create Automation clip at desired tempo (ie. 140bpm)

If you want to have 140bpm drop to example. 110bpm, then scroll the BPM # up top, create automation clip again.

(this is done so you can generate the proper value.)

Then copy the value by right clicking the dot.

Delete that automation clip, and paste new value accordingly where you want song to change tempo.
︻╦╤─ Dus†wyrm ─╤╦︻

http://soundcloud.com/dustwyrm/dustwyrm-kill-7he-dead/sphere&player_type=waveform&theme_color=43798&color=000000&comments_color=000000&color=000000

"The wobble is there more as a reminder that we are still in Dubstep territory, but right now we are chilling... " - Emm
Dustwyrm

Has Bigged up!:
1 time
Been Bigged up!:
8 times

Postby mthrfnk » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:44 pm

Dustwyrm wrote:Create Automation clip at desired tempo (ie. 140bpm)

If you want to have 140bpm drop to example. 110bpm, then scroll the BPM # up top, create automation clip again.

(this is done so you can generate the proper value.)

Then copy the value by right clicking the dot.

Delete that automation clip, and paste new value accordingly where you want song to change tempo.

That's a little retarded, you can just copy the tempo value without making a 2nd clip, as I explained.
mthrfnk

Has Bigged up!:
6 times
Been Bigged up!:
22 times

This forum is locked. Continue the discussion by creating a new topic on The New Dubstep Forum.

Return to Production, Hardware & Technical