9 out of 10 British Men Lie About Liking Sports
Forum rules
Please read and follow this sub-forum's specific rules listed HERE, as well as our sitewide rules listed HERE.
Link to the Secret Ninja Sessions community ustream channel - info in this thread
Please read and follow this sub-forum's specific rules listed HERE, as well as our sitewide rules listed HERE.
Link to the Secret Ninja Sessions community ustream channel - info in this thread
Re: 9 out of 10 British Men Lie About Liking Sports
No drug compares being to being in the stadium for a last minute winner, that is the high

- Johnlenham
- Posts: 6067
- Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:08 pm
- Location: London
Re: 9 out of 10 British Men Lie About Liking Sports
oi mate I can flip a small kids bike, any pussy with a pair of arms or legs can throw/ kick a ballrayman612 wrote:Ill name 1 u
Come at me bitch
Re: 9 out of 10 British Men Lie About Liking Sports
garethom wrote:You hate talking about music, yet you've posted almost 500 times on a music forum? Not on about you calling anyone a tnuc man, just saying, some people on here are making it out to be like that.
People will talk about anything that interests them. I've just spent the last hour speaking to my mate at work on communicator about a book. Before that, speaking to the guy next to me and my project manager about footy. Before that, I spoke to my mate at work who produces music. People enjoying something rabidly that has no real effect on their life is not unique to sports. If you people get bored of your friends talking about boring shit all the time, then maybe they're just boring people.
Yep, and over 400 of them posts will be in production forum, not about music releases etc as i said previously.
I talk to my friends about all sorts. I think the point of this whole thread is, some people watch sports purely so they have something to talk about, not because they enjoy the sport themselves. So they can be a part of the convorsation. Faking interests to make themselves more likable and involved. thats pretty sad. Not saying this is the case with you, but im saying a lot of people who claim how much they like sports dont, they just like being involved.
Anyway, according to the survay, im 90% sure you dont like football too
- Johnlenham
- Posts: 6067
- Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:08 pm
- Location: London
Re: 9 out of 10 British Men Lie About Liking Sports
Ah yeah you put it better than I could. The Fake liking it is what confuses the fuck out of me.
Liking it a rabid amount is another matter but hey if thats what makes you happy ,go nuts.
Liking it a rabid amount is another matter but hey if thats what makes you happy ,go nuts.
Re: 9 out of 10 British Men Lie About Liking Sports
How people can think it's acceptable to be paid a 100 grand a week to kick a ball about, is way beyond me. Suppose footies kept a few generations of idiot's off the dole though.
I always laugh when I see skin headed 'hard men' crying when their team loses, get a grip you pleb it's only a game ffs lol.
I always laugh when I see skin headed 'hard men' crying when their team loses, get a grip you pleb it's only a game ffs lol.
HELLO
Re: 9 out of 10 British Men Lie About Liking Sports
I'm not on about the fake liking, I'm on about the people mindlessly bashing all sports fans.
Shelf stackers - Easy, not demanding, any fucker can do it - Low wage
Professional top-level athlete in a popular sport - Hard, takes a lifetime of dedication to a craft, people will spend lots of money to see them, there's maybe 10/20 people capable of playing at the very, very top level - high wage
Because that's how the job market works. They create a lot of money. There wouldn't be as much money without the people that earn the massive bucks. There aren't many of those people around, thus high wages.MrBlack wrote:How people can think it's acceptable to be paid a 100 grand a week to kick a ball about, is way beyond me.
Shelf stackers - Easy, not demanding, any fucker can do it - Low wage
Professional top-level athlete in a popular sport - Hard, takes a lifetime of dedication to a craft, people will spend lots of money to see them, there's maybe 10/20 people capable of playing at the very, very top level - high wage
- murky21
- Fantasy Football King
- Posts: 6541
- Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:25 pm
- Location: London SW6 / EC2A
Re: 9 out of 10 British Men Lie About Liking Sports
hahahaha good read this thread. a lot of good one liners and a lot of ridiculous opinions also
also, im sure the statistic ' 9 out of 10 British Men Lie About Liking Sports' is complete fucking bollocks.
also, im sure the statistic ' 9 out of 10 British Men Lie About Liking Sports' is complete fucking bollocks.
Re: 9 out of 10 British Men Lie About Liking Sports
This is the most important thing said in here.murky21 wrote: also, im sure the statistic ' 9 out of 10 British Men Lie About Liking Sports' is complete fucking bollocks.
Re: 9 out of 10 British Men Lie About Liking Sports
Apparently you all missed the link name in the OP quote.garethom wrote:This is the most important thing said in here.murky21 wrote: also, im sure the statistic ' 9 out of 10 British Men Lie About Liking Sports' is complete fucking bollocks.
Re: 9 out of 10 British Men Lie About Liking Sports
i can think of 7 which dosouthstar wrote:No drug compares being to being in the stadium for a last minute winner, that is the high
last time i went to a football game (i was 14) was with my uncle, who drank too much and then i got sick of some gravy that smelt like piss
DiegoSapiens wrote:thats so industrial
soronery wrote:New low
Re: 9 out of 10 British Men Lie About Liking Sports
Agent 47 wrote:i can think of 7 which do
Soundcloud
kay wrote:We kept pointing at his back and (quietly) telling people "That's M8son...."
wolf89 wrote:I really don't think I'm a music snob.
Re: 9 out of 10 British Men Lie About Liking Sports
Only if drum machines are musicians.signals wrote:is battle bots a sport?
Re: 9 out of 10 British Men Lie About Liking Sports
that was brilliantmagma wrote:Robbie Fowler disagrees.Agent 47 wrote:plus sports are shit. i cant do a line of sky ports
Re: 9 out of 10 British Men Lie About Liking Sports
haha i missed that
DiegoSapiens wrote:thats so industrial
soronery wrote:New low
Re: 9 out of 10 British Men Lie About Liking Sports
this is interesting, I don't really get it though. I enjoy most sports to some degree though so I guess I don't see it from the other side.
I have no problem confessing to people how boring I find F1 tho. It's a snore fest.
I have no problem confessing to people how boring I find F1 tho. It's a snore fest.
Re: 9 out of 10 British Men Lie About Liking Sports
To be honest, this doesn't add up. If somebody, for example, has no interests in common with the other people in his/her new environment, then starts watching something in order to develop an interest and understanding of that topic (be it sport, academia, whatever) in order to get better acquainted with these new people, he is sad? Because that is exactly what happened to one of my friends when he went to Uni. He went away a shy, fairly reserved lad (but a very good person at the heart and a long time friend of myself)snick01 wrote:garethom wrote:You hate talking about music, yet you've posted almost 500 times on a music forum? Not on about you calling anyone a tnuc man, just saying, some people on here are making it out to be like that.
People will talk about anything that interests them. I've just spent the last hour speaking to my mate at work on communicator about a book. Before that, speaking to the guy next to me and my project manager about footy. Before that, I spoke to my mate at work who produces music. People enjoying something rabidly that has no real effect on their life is not unique to sports. If you people get bored of your friends talking about boring shit all the time, then maybe they're just boring people.
Yep, and over 400 of them posts will be in production forum, not about music releases etc as i said previously.
I talk to my friends about all sorts. I think the point of this whole thread is, some people watch sports purely so they have something to talk about, not because they enjoy the sport themselves. So they can be a part of the convorsation. Faking interests to make themselves more likable and involved. thats pretty sad. Not saying this is the case with you, but im saying a lot of people who claim how much they like sports dont, they just like being involved.
Anyway, according to the survay, im 90% sure you dont like football too
He came back confident, better with people and a wider range of interests/hobbies. More rounded. I am absolutely certain that a large part of that came down to the fact he forced himself to take part in something he thought he didn't like. Turns out he is now genuinely one of the biggest footy nuts I know as well.
So it's not always to cut and dry.
Re: 9 out of 10 British Men Lie About Liking Sports
OMG HOW CAN U PAY THEM SO MUCH MONEY
omg u fucking retard everyone pays that pays a cable bill is giving them money
omg u fucking retard everyone pays that pays a cable bill is giving them money
Re: 9 out of 10 British Men Lie About Liking Sports
Exactly... would you all rather all that ad revenue ONLY went to Sky Sports and club shareholders?rayman612 wrote:OMG HOW CAN U PAY THEM SO MUCH MONEY
omg u fucking retard everyone pays that pays a cable bill is giving them money
It's ugly as fuck, but if that's the amount of revenue in the market for football, it's only fair a decent chunk of it goes to... footballers.
Meus equus tuo altior est
"Let me eat when I'm hungry, let me drink when I'm dry.
Give me dollars when I'm hard up, religion when I die."
"Let me eat when I'm hungry, let me drink when I'm dry.
Give me dollars when I'm hard up, religion when I die."
nowaysj wrote:I wholeheartedly believe that Michael Brown's mother and father killed him.
Re: 9 out of 10 British Men Lie About Liking Sports
Posting in the SNH is a sport.
And you all like talking about it.
Shall we weigh that on the scales of triviality?
==
And you all like talking about it.
Shall we weigh that on the scales of triviality?
==
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


