Special Announcement: We have migrated to a new forum platform community.dsf.ninja. The old forum is locked, but it will remain open for reading. Read more.

yh it's not dubstep

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows

Postby didi » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:55 pm

[+] LOL
bennyfroobs wrote:cool it vip is one of the best funky tracks of all time, hands down

[+] LOOOOOOOL
Agent 47 wrote:photek? who is photek

photek is my mate whos a house dj from london lol

[+] wolfhares
wolf89 wrote:Me and my mates play a game where we remember the worst or most obscure nu metal bands we can and listen to them when drunk
didi
 
Posts:
3788
Joined:
Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:52 pm
Location:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_dvT8dttyQ
Has Bigged up!:
234 times
Been Bigged up!:
217 times

Postby alphacat » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:09 pm

:U:
User avatar
alphacat
 
Posts:
6016
Joined:
Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:52 pm
Has Bigged up!:
83 times
Been Bigged up!:
134 times

Postby 150Grams » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:33 pm

Vox ruined it for me

Ossia wrote:LESS TAX, MORE WAX.

NO WAR, MORE 4x4.

LESS DEBATE, MORE ACETATE.
User avatar
150Grams
 
Posts:
528
Joined:
Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:07 pm
Has Bigged up!:
1 time
Been Bigged up!:
17 times

Postby Doctor_Dave » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:29 am

inb4 merge with the 130 thread
dididub wrote:catch em ffs
User avatar
Doctor_Dave
 
Posts:
1067
Joined:
Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:27 am
Has Bigged up!:
180 times
Been Bigged up!:
53 times

Postby didi » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:38 am

lol what?

might as well move all night slugs stuff into that thread too
[+] LOL
bennyfroobs wrote:cool it vip is one of the best funky tracks of all time, hands down

[+] LOOOOOOOL
Agent 47 wrote:photek? who is photek

photek is my mate whos a house dj from london lol

[+] wolfhares
wolf89 wrote:Me and my mates play a game where we remember the worst or most obscure nu metal bands we can and listen to them when drunk
didi
 
Posts:
3788
Joined:
Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:52 pm
Location:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_dvT8dttyQ
Has Bigged up!:
234 times
Been Bigged up!:
217 times

Postby m8son666 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:46 am

the forum should detect the bpm of a track and sort accordingly
https://soundcloud.com/shallo-1/shallo-october-mix
kay wrote:We kept pointing at his back and (quietly) telling people "That's M8son...."

wolf89 wrote:I really don't think I'm a music snob.
User avatar
m8son666
moist
 
Posts:
6580
Joined:
Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:36 pm
Location:
MODERATOR
Has Bigged up!:
1606 times
Been Bigged up!:
504 times

Postby alphacat » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:00 am

m8son wrote:the forum should detect the bpm of a track and sort accordingly


Image
User avatar
alphacat
 
Posts:
6016
Joined:
Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:52 pm
Has Bigged up!:
83 times
Been Bigged up!:
134 times

Postby Doctor_Dave » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:07 am

dididub wrote:lol what?

might as well move all night slugs stuff into that thread too

As I listened to it again, it sounds more like the drum-track thing that some of the Night Slugs crew like Neana are doing right? Raw tracks with a heavy focus on percussion and a lack of melody, like Bow Kat.

I guess we need a thread for that then :i: :h:
dididub wrote:catch em ffs
User avatar
Doctor_Dave
 
Posts:
1067
Joined:
Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:27 am
Has Bigged up!:
180 times
Been Bigged up!:
53 times

Postby bennyfroobs » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:28 am

aka ballroom house aka boring same jam city style rhythm and samples rinsed time and time again
Image
TopManLurka wrote:FTR, requirements for being a 'head':

-you have to be youngsta
-you must have been in that infamous room of ten people.
-a DMZ release is preferable but not necessary.
-please note that being youngsta is mandatory.
User avatar
bennyfroobs
 
Posts:
4532
Joined:
Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:52 am
Location:
the rainy north
Has Bigged up!:
399 times
Been Bigged up!:
354 times

Postby Doctor_Dave » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:41 am

Googled it and it has a large amount of LGBT followers :lol: at least in the US.

I'd at least say Neana is doing some big things.
dididub wrote:catch em ffs
User avatar
Doctor_Dave
 
Posts:
1067
Joined:
Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:27 am
Has Bigged up!:
180 times
Been Bigged up!:
53 times

Postby Samuel_L_Damnson » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:12 am

Big tune. doesnt deserve its own thread tho. get panned
User avatar
Samuel_L_Damnson
 
Posts:
3485
Joined:
Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:53 am
Location:
YORKSHIRE!!!!!!!!!!
Has Bigged up!:
239 times
Been Bigged up!:
279 times

Postby didi » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:49 am

bennyfroobs wrote:aka ballroom house aka boring same jam city style rhythm and samples rinsed time and time again


lol ffs I don't come into the 130 thread and tell u that mc samples in tracks have been thoroughly rinsed out and although a lot of it is gd a large proportion of what u man r worshipping is boring shit

And at least I'd be telling the truth
[+] LOL
bennyfroobs wrote:cool it vip is one of the best funky tracks of all time, hands down

[+] LOOOOOOOL
Agent 47 wrote:photek? who is photek

photek is my mate whos a house dj from london lol

[+] wolfhares
wolf89 wrote:Me and my mates play a game where we remember the worst or most obscure nu metal bands we can and listen to them when drunk
didi
 
Posts:
3788
Joined:
Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:52 pm
Location:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_dvT8dttyQ
Has Bigged up!:
234 times
Been Bigged up!:
217 times

Postby didi » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:52 am

Sinestepper wrote:Big tune. doesnt deserve its own thread tho


Yh this is true

Just thought I'd liven up general discussion a bit
[+] LOL
bennyfroobs wrote:cool it vip is one of the best funky tracks of all time, hands down

[+] LOOOOOOOL
Agent 47 wrote:photek? who is photek

photek is my mate whos a house dj from london lol

[+] wolfhares
wolf89 wrote:Me and my mates play a game where we remember the worst or most obscure nu metal bands we can and listen to them when drunk
didi
 
Posts:
3788
Joined:
Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:52 pm
Location:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_dvT8dttyQ
Has Bigged up!:
234 times
Been Bigged up!:
217 times

Postby Johoosh » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:16 am

Dididub freeing the realness

:h:
https://soundcloud.com/kast-music/deft
RKM wrote:i am feeling levels of remorse like one of the yutes in charlie and the chocolate factory
User avatar
Johoosh
 
Posts:
4489
Joined:
Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:06 pm
Location:
SE14
Has Bigged up!:
188 times
Been Bigged up!:
358 times

Postby bennyfroobs » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:47 pm

i like some neana tracks but this whole lets pretend were jam city thing is gettin a bit bait now

adn didi i dont claim the mc samples arent rinsed or that i love every 130 tune that ever existed. i dislike a huge ampount of stuff i hear (not spec. 130, i mean everything i hear) its just the way ht e cookie crubmles. ur entitled to ur opinion man, it doesnt bother me at all :lol:
Image
TopManLurka wrote:FTR, requirements for being a 'head':

-you have to be youngsta
-you must have been in that infamous room of ten people.
-a DMZ release is preferable but not necessary.
-please note that being youngsta is mandatory.
User avatar
bennyfroobs
 
Posts:
4532
Joined:
Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:52 am
Location:
the rainy north
Has Bigged up!:
399 times
Been Bigged up!:
354 times

Postby Terpit » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:09 pm

too commercial
https://soundcloud.com/terpit/ad-hominem-1
♫•*¨*•.¸¸ This is a special Proper HQ Recording by myself !!! ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪*
User avatar
Terpit
 
Posts:
11097
Joined:
Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:06 am
Has Bigged up!:
804 times
Been Bigged up!:
318 times

Postby skimpi » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:24 pm

dididub wrote:
might as well move all night slugs stuff into that thread too


lol no fuck dat
TopManLurka wrote:thanks for confirming

OiOiii #BELTER
skimpi
 
Posts:
4241
Joined:
Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:25 am
Has Bigged up!:
27 times
Been Bigged up!:
120 times

Postby ultraspatial » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:40 am

woiii this is sick. specially the 2nd tune
User avatar
ultraspatial
 
Posts:
7818
Joined:
Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:17 pm
Location:
Bromania
Has Bigged up!:
867 times
Been Bigged up!:
623 times

This forum is locked. Continue the discussion by creating a new topic on The New Dubstep Forum.

Return to General Discussion

cron