Special Announcement: We have migrated to a new forum platform community.dsf.ninja. The old forum is locked, but it will remain open for reading. Read more.

Reason 5 Issue (I think?)

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum

Postby JWheeler » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:42 pm

Hello, I was wondering if anybody could help me with a little issue i'm having, I think.

Basically Im using reason 5, having bypassed/deleted the mastering suite that is always on a new project it still seems as though there is some kind of compression applied to the whole project. If i have a part with, lets say 5 instruments, the project will be a consistent volume but lets say if i was to have a part that was one of the instruments solo, the instrument would sound a lot louder than it does in the mix of 5 instruments.

Is this normal? and if not, how do i overcome this problem?

Alot of my friends who are producers dont use reason so cant help me!
JWheeler

Postby Electric_Head » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:01 pm

It sounds like you have EQ issues causing sounds to be softer because of a muddied frequency spectrum.
Image ImageImage Image
Electric_Head

Postby JWheeler » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:17 pm

Electric_Head wrote:It sounds like you have EQ issues causing sounds to be softer because of a muddied frequency spectrum.

https://soundcloud.com/jwheelerproducer/reason-issue Ive uploaded a part that does it, can you hear the rise in volume in the choir part while its on its own? There is no compression at all on the track that could be causing any issues its baffling me
JWheeler

Postby Electric_Head » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:45 pm

It's just eqing.
You need to cut the frequencies where the 'choir' plays to enable it to push through the mix.
Image ImageImage Image
Electric_Head

Postby JWheeler » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:25 pm

Electric_Head wrote:It's just eqing.
You need to cut the frequencies where the 'choir' plays to enable it to push through the mix.

respect for that il try now
JWheeler

This forum is locked. Continue the discussion by creating a new topic on The New Dubstep Forum.

Return to Production, Hardware & Technical