Special Announcement: We have migrated to a new forum platform community.dsf.ninja. The old forum is locked, but it will remain open for reading. Read more.

Replicating this sound....

Postby Intrigued » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:01 am

Hey up,

Just lately, I've been trying to learn (and master) various styles of Dubstep production and I'm trying to get away from the Brostep approach and bring out some real 'dirty' & 'dark' dubstep basslines.

I've been following this one chap on Sound Cloud for a while who goes by the name of 'Jub Dubs', and I really like his style of music (pretty transformer-ish).

Listen to the drop in this track as an example and you'll see what I'm talking about:

https://soundcloud.com/jubbymusic/playtime

I've made loads of presets with Massive in the past and even have tons of pre-made presets, but nothing comes close to the track above.

It sounds as if the LFO is left un-automated on one ratio, with just a slight adjustment to the Amp back and forward.....I'm not sure.

Does anyone have any idea? :u:
Intrigued

Postby SylV » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:49 pm

Make a sound that you like in Massive, then put your lfo at a sine wave or sinus uni, then put it on your second amp mod. Plus don't forget to add a dimension expander on it for the effect.
SylV

Postby Reversed » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:05 pm

also as usual a very short delay... and maybe use a square wave OSC
Is there like a post about this kind of sound every day now?
Reversed

Postby Patchwirk » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:04 pm

Jub had a tutorial on his YT channel regarding his older basses, I'll try and see if I have since I think I downloaded it.
I make music, and I came here to discuss it. If you want to hit me up on skype, its jimbo_tulpa_slice, and my FB is Logan Patchwirk Winterhelt.

Also, why do people always put Skrillex and deadmau5 together and think it would be awesome, it wouldn't.
Patchwirk

Postby Toolman4 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:53 am

Are you looking for timbre or how it's automated?

Generally these sounds are layered and automated very clean/tight. Timbre is your typical saw/square or derivative, FM is another candidate too of course....As always, a sub layered and following the same automation, either w/ pitch or amp..
Toolman4

This forum is locked. Continue the discussion by creating a new topic on The New Dubstep Forum.

Return to Sound Design